It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Whoopi Goldberg Does Her Best X-Rated Bush-Bash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
All political parties use celebrities to further their cause. I remember learning about this back in high school, like 9th grade or so. All politicians, not just Democrats and not just Republicans, use entertainers to further their cause. I think its obvious why. They also use the band-wagon concept, which relates to the entertainers. They are doing it, or everyone else is doing it, so you should too.

And I think people have forgotten that the two biggest celebrities turned political figures are Ronald Reagan, and more recently, Arnold Schwarzenegger.

These are the tools of the trade. None of this mud slinging is surprising. Democrats get celebrities, Bush calls Kerry a Nazi. That's what they do.

They want us to fight with each other using their tools. I urge you, don't give in to this, don't become part of their mud-slinging, just stay on the issues that are important.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were friends behind the scenes, it's all an act for the people. They like it when we take on the same idea and fight with each other about it...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Please refresh my memory and show me where Bush called Kerry a Nazi...

Wait! I remember! He never did...

Sheesh, and you people say BUSH lies.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thinking back..
I'm sure Whoopi has DONE, or SAID SOMETHING FUNNY over the
last 8 or 10 years...
Still thinking.
I'll get back to you on that.

Bush waving at Wonder? It doesn't matter if it happened or not. It's been
repeated enough to make Goebbels proud. (speaking of Nazis)

How many of you talk with your mouth AND your hands when on the phone.?

[edit on 9-7-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I use hand gestures when I'm on the phone, but only because I know they are always watching me.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yep, so do I.."they" probably are watching..Sometimes I try and throw them off
by using hand gestures unrelated to what I am saying..

Then there is the, talking to the TV thing...People do that too..

Sometimes I laugh out loud when watching TV by myself.
Unless it's a tired old "comedy" (term used loosely) routine
by Whoopi!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I got rid of my TV, because I got tired of it always telling me what to do.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DramaticPause
Is Kerry taking advantage of the rising anti-Bush feeling brought on by the Moore movie, and fueled by brainless entertainers looking for the spotlight?

Excuse me? The hatred isn't "rising" it was there long before Moore released a movie about him. Moore is not the leader of the "Anti-Bush", he does not represent us and hasn't done for nearly four years, he is just one amongst the many that were already there. I can see many have found their whipping boy for the final stretch though, they need someone they can point at and go "there's the bad guy". The other favourite being "Argh! Commies EVERYWHERE!!! Run!!! They'll suck out your kids brains!!! COMMIES!!!"

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
GURNIO!!! You called me a liar, and now you have put me on the defensive.

When did Bush call Kerry a Nazi?

slate.msn.com...

The Bush video's opening white-on-black graphic says, "The Faces of John Kerry's Democratic Party. The Coalition of the Wild-eyed." Next comes a parade of angry speakers: Al Gore, Hitler, Howard Dean, Michael Moore, Dick Gephardt, Hitler, Gore, and Kerry.

You want another reference to this video?

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Kerry campaign spokesman Phil Singer said in a statement issued yesterday, "The fact that George Bush thinks its appropriate to use images of Adolf Hitler in his campaign raises serious questions about his fitness to spend another four years in the White House."

How about another?

www.townhall.com...

The Anti-Defamation League also expressed disappointment with the Bush campaign's use of the Nazi images

A fourth in case that isn't enough...

www.gopusa.com...

A new campaign ad released by the Bush reelection campaign on its web site on Thursday which features political attacks comparing the president to Adolf Hitler made by supporters of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John F. Kerry has been denounced by the Kerry campaign as "disgusting," "bizarre," and "outrageous."

Bush was made at an organization that was not affiliated with the Kerry Campaign, so he decides to show comparisons between what he calls the "hateful" speech of Democrats and the real hateful speech of Hitler.

I quote what Bush says:

"It is a web-video that we sent to our supporters so they can see examples of the kind of hateful and vitriolic rhetoric that we have seen from John Kerry's surrogates," said Bush campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel.

They take a video that some random person used to compare Hitler and Bush. And then!...they use it in their campaign to compare Kerry to Hitler. You tell me who's in the wrong. Don't talk to me about why Republicans are better than Democrats or vice-versa because I don't care.

Both of them use dirty tactics to get their way instead of focusing on the frickin issues. It's absurd!!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Commies EVERYWHERE!!! Run!!! They'll suck out your kids brains!!! COMMIES!!!"

And here have the dangers of the extreme. "If you're not with us, you're against us."
You are either them or us.
If you're not us, you're them.
If you're them, stay away from us!

So silly how you easily play their game exactly as they would have you play it.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I must not be too smart, but the web ad on Bush's site featured clips of a video hosted on MoveOn.org which compared BUSH to Hitler and somehow you've managed to twist this into "Bush calls Kerry a Nazi"?

Gosh, for a minute I thought you might, you know, provide an example of Bush actually calling Kerry a Nazi.

You know, like you said he did....

Which he didn't.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think the major point is that we no longer have election campaigns centered on issues, platforms and planks...but mud-slinging. And if you are going to win in the mud-slinging contest you better get the big draws.

This is the same for both sides.

MAJOR MAJOR

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Ill quote what I originally said...

They take a video that some random person used to compare Hitler and Bush. And then!...they use it in their campaign to compare Kerry to Hitler. You tell me who's in the wrong. Don't talk to me about why Republicans are better than Democrats or vice-versa because I don't care.

I'll revise so you can understand. They claim that Kerry and Democrats in general use hateful speech like Hitler. It works on more than one level, gurnio.

But you can't pretend one party is holier or more moral/virtuous/whatever than the other.

The point is, that is the nature of their game. Politicians want to show why the other candidate is bad more than they want to show why the sponsor of the ad is good.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
this was a fund-raiser, not a party caucus or senate committee session. geez. so whoopi made a lewd remark. big.. er... well, anyway, this occassion seemed more like a party for supporters of kerry than a serious political event, and what exactly is wrong with that? they paid to have a good time, not a debate session.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Let me see if I get this straight Vallhall

Step 1. Post an ad on your site claiming Bush is Hitler

Step 2. Wait for Bush to respond with ad saying "look at these people, for God's sake they're comparing me to Hitler"

Step 3. Moan and wail that Bush is "mudslinging"

You claim that both sides are mudslinging, and I respect your right to that opinion, but could you give me ANY other examples besides the non-example above.

We both know that the Left has slung tons o' mud, even going so far as to call for the president's death, but I don't really appreciate much mudslinging from the right.

We've criticized Kerry's positions and his fitness to lead the War on Terror, but just because the left doesn't agree with these positions on the important issues of the election doesn't make it mudslinging.

We've not, as far as I know, lied that he is a stooge of the Saudi government , lied that he fights wars for oil, or posted ads showing our opponent as a headless child eater. We've not called him an idiot (or sometimes a diabolical genius if it serves our cause).

Apparently liberals have redefined mudslinging as saying anything they don't agree with.

Funny, for a party that claims to invite "diversity of ideas".

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gurnio
Let me see if I get this straight Vallhall

Step 1. Post an ad on your site claiming Bush is Hitler

Step 2. Wait for Bush to respond with ad saying "look at these people, for God's sake they're comparing me to Hitler"

Step 3. Moan and wail that Bush is "mudslinging"

Well, that's YOUR example, not mine.

My comment was not on this specific campaign. As yet, I have not heard or seen any Bush campaign ads that personally attack Kerry, but then, I don't watch TV - so, that's a fairly easy thing to say.

I was speaking in general about how presidential campaigns from about 1988 on have centered on speaking against the opponent and not on the issues - and I consider this mudslinging. If a presidential candidate has 30 minutes at a mic and he spends ANY of that time addressing his opponents flaws versus spelling out his platform and his plan...he's just pissed off irretrievable time that was wasted on mudslinging.

But to be clear, when I see an ad that speaks against a candidate's opponent and at the end it says "This ad approved by ..." that places the honey pot in the candidate's hand...even if the ad was brought to us by the Beekeepers for ... .

By the way, the Washington Post has even picked up on the nastiness of the Kerry campaign...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Looks like this is going to Cost Whoopi a few bucks..
She lost her "I'm a big Loser" gig at Slimfast.

Big Loser

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon
His campain is breeding a hatred of our president.

I do not beleive this for an instant. John Kerry has done no such thing,... Bush damaged his own image and caused hisself to be hated by the people of the USA and hated by other countries.

His campaign is using the most vile and base accusations and insinuations to defame the president our our nation.

John Kerry has been doing a great job in his campaigning , Kerry reminds people of the " Bush atrocities", which are factual ,truthful and has not lowered hisself down to Bush's level of false mud-slinging.
George W Bush DEFAMED hisself with no one elses help.

I do not think BUsh is the greatest pres ever nor do I think he is the worst but he has held his office with dignity and upheld a public image of the pres of the USA that can be respected.

I think Bush is the worst , Bush & Co have dishonored the presidential office, the White House, the Gov't and the Citizens of the United States, Bush and His thugs have ruined our Nation's creditbility and respect. Dignity and respected Bush has held his office ?????? WHEN???? The man has showed smuggness and stupidity, why shouldn't he,.... after all it was the Supreme Court that placed him into the presidential office, NOT the Citizens of the United States !!!

I believe there is lots of room for critisism without resorting to lies and deciet and rank insults.

OH MY GOD !!!!! The only thing John Kerry has said that criticizes George Bush & Co, has been Truths about Bush and Cheney !!!
George W Bush & Co are the ones that has been "SLINGING LIES, DECEITS, AND RANK INSULTS", they've done nothing but SLING-MUD at the Democrats because they Know they "cannot" win in a debate of any kind because they have screwed-everything-up, with their lies since taken office, but their lies are catching up with them really fast and all they can do is dig the hole deeper.

Whoopi Goldberg is her own person and does her own thing and does it really well.
No one can blame John Kerry or John Edwards for what any of the intertainers did or said. I see nothing wrong with them enjoying Whoopi's act, as I would see nothing wrong with it if it had been Bush and Cheney there instead of Kerry and Edwards.

Whoopi Goldberg,..... YOU GO GIRL

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I think the major point is that we no longer have election campaigns centered on issues, platforms and planks...but mud-slinging.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Valhall]

Here's a thread I started and theres a "url" you can go into , to see all the different Presidential Campaigns from 1952 up to present day, you can see differences in the way it was then and now, some are even pretty funny when they used cartoons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join