It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Is it just me or is it someone else? The past couple of weeks, months probably time seems to go by pretty fast. I also cannot sleep as normally. I waked up a couple of times every night for no apparent reason? Is it because of my age?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
How old are you? Maybe you're just stressed. Have any major issues on your mind lately? I don't find time to be any faster than it usually is.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I definitely agree with both points.

my routine recently got severally interrupted, and time seemed to come to a stop.

so, IMO doing the same things day in and day out make time seem to move much faster

My dreams are so crazy i always wake up many times each night

be good

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
People are always saying time's going by too fast.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My grandmother told me when I was a child that time starts going by much faster the older you get. She said to enjoy the slow moments I perceived, because soon enough, I'd be at an age where I wondered where in Hades the days went. I'm at that point, where days do indeed fly by, and am realizing she had some wisdom in those words.
Scientifically, I'm wondering if there is a change in you as you age to screw with how you perceive time. Things I enjoyed as a child that seemed to drag on that I do or watch now seem like there's not enough time anymore. And the length of the movies haven't changed, nor has the time to bake a cake, et al.
It could also be a simple matter of nature reminding you to enjoy your existence before you meet your maker of choice

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

One of my friends told me that their grandma compared life to a roll of toilet paper. At first, a year seemed to take forever (once around the roll of paper), but the closer you got to the end of your life (the bare roll), the faster (quicker) years seemed to go by (or get once around the roll.)

I agreed and enjoyed the grandmotherly analogy

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
it's understandable that one could have disrupted sleep this time of year. we just went through a seasonal change and we have to adjust to it. plus, we just got over a few holidays, when life can be hectic/happy/a horror shoe, etcetera.

i'll agree, the older one gets the faster the year just seems to slip right on by. the only way i know of to make time feel like its moving slowly is to go to church, or to start saving up $ for something you really want.

the important thing: yesterday and its headaches are gone. let them go. tomorrow never gets here. all we really have is right here, right now. plan for the future but live in the moment. enjoy it. take it in. life is too short, and too full of things to worry about that never happen anyway.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by staciebee
reply to post by Nyiah

One of my friends told me that their grandma compared life to a roll of toilet paper. At first, a year seemed to take forever (once around the roll of paper), but the closer you got to the end of your life (the bare roll), the faster (quicker) years seemed to go by (or get once around the roll.)

I agreed and enjoyed the grandmotherly analogy

Haha great one
the grandmother one was great too

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
How old are you? Maybe you're just stressed. Have any major issues on your mind lately? I don't find time to be any faster than it usually is.

well im 14, but i don't think that i have too much stress

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Do you drink a lot of coka cola or other drinks with caffeine? Eat much chockolate? Caffeien could keep you up at nights.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by noobsauce13

time does feel like its going fast, i cant believe its already been 1 year since Haiti earthquake... it feels like it was a few months ago

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Some people are saying that time is moving faster, but I have to agree with the posters on this thread, that it has to do with perception. When you are a kid, a year is like a lifetime. When you are 10 years old, it is 10% of your life. When you are 50, it is only 2% of your life so it goes by that much faster.

A lot is happening now. many changes in the world, so that makes it seem even faster. Communication is quicker and news travels further and faster. This also adds to the perception of things speeding up.

Time, within our frame of reference, is not changing.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I was about your age when I first noticed that time was really speeding up. If you think its strange now, wait a decade or two - you will be amazed!

new topics

top topics

join