It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South East Asia is sinking at the moment..!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Prior to the end of 2010, starting on December 23, 2010, sinking along the southern coast of Java was evident, with no remission in this flooding a week later on December 29, 2010. Now there is evidence of flooding along the eastern shores of Malaysia, the eastern shores of northern Sumatra, Sri Lanka and the Philippines.

Read the articles here:
Sinking Asia
edit on 11-1-2011 by noahproductions because: edit link

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I live in Singapore 10 mins from the sea. Nothing yet.
Bird are still chirping.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
related story from another source

China's largest city, Shanghai, is to slash construction of new high-rise buildings to try and stop the city from sinking under the weight of all the concrete and steel.

Shanghai is reportedly sinking 1.5cm each year. Parts of Shanghai are now sinking at a rate of one-and-a-half centimeters a year, largely as a result of a massive building boom there over the last 10 years.

news.bbc.co.uk...

and also

GREATER BANGKOK – High tide brings a rush of salt water into this seaside city, where sewers overflow many mornings and flood the streets.

While taxis slosh through filthy puddles, dozens of rusty pipes and generators begin pumping floodwaters back into the bay. And by late morning, the pools have receded through gutter grates and the roads are dry.

www.globalpost.com...

and today there is at least 3 threads about
all the flooding in Brisbane.

Kinda makes you wonder if the sea is rising
or the ground is sinking. Either way, somebody
is gonna get wet. Maybe they should consider
moving farther inland as it was not a good idea
to place a metro city on top of a swamp.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This German guy Hanz( whom I just referenced to in another post) summed up a nice understanding for me on the tectonic situation. He was a geologist for BP. He said something along the lines that the non-homogenous magnetic field of the Earth affects the molten lava which the tectonic plates of the Earth sit on. A change in this field could cause drastic rising and lowering of landmass, great shift in tectonic plate, lava upwelling in ocean floor from increased pressure, causing rapid formation of new Island masses, and many others. He said that tectonic studies are still a developing science, especially with the new measuring devices coming about. He also said that we live on more precarious ground than previously thought. So, I'm not surprised, in fact, I am awaiting such a beginning of a geological occurrence, and am expecting more. We will see.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That is indeed some crazy s**t. What caught my eye especially was the volcano erupting after 400 years. thats far from coincidental. 2011 is certainly off to a rough start is seems.api.ning.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by noahproductions
Prior to the end of 2010, starting on December 23, 2010, sinking along the southern coast of Java was evident, with no remission in this flooding a week later on December 29, 2010. Now there is evidence of flooding along the eastern shores of Malaysia, the eastern shores of northern Sumatra, Sri Lanka and the Philippines.

Read the articles here:
Sinking Asia
edit on 11-1-2011 by noahproductions because: edit link

Thank you for the link! There is so much more news out there it is absolutely astonishing. I'm very curious what is happening to the people around the Gulf of Mexico vomiting blood. Sad to hear chemical warfare is used on the American people BY American agencies.

On a side note, keep following up with the developments in southern asia "sinking". Could this be a result of the polar shift?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodworksinc
Bird are still chirping.

I can sense the irony behind "bird are still chirping"....keep looking around, maybe some will fall from the sky soon.

However, are you living in the southern most part of Singapore? Also, can you comment on the construction boom in Singapore and do you think that if there really is sinking involved that it could be the result of the extra steel & concrete mass pressing down on the land? And, should that be the case, what are the regulations behind construction with regards to geographical studies of the geographical planes surrounding southern asia?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

On a side note, keep following up with the developments in southern asia "sinking". Could this be a result of the polar shift?

Personally I think it has got to do with the pole shift and change of earth magnetic field....
We follow up.............

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Personally I think it has got to do with the pole shift and change of earth magnetic field....

Any particular reasoning why you think it could be the result of a pole shift & the change in earth's MF?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
related story from another source

China's largest city, Shanghai, is to slash construction of new high-rise buildings to try and stop the city from sinking under the weight of all the concrete and steel.

Shanghai is reportedly sinking 1.5cm each year. Parts of Shanghai are now sinking at a rate of one-and-a-half centimeters a year, largely as a result of a massive building boom there over the last 10 years.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks for reaction....
I understood that the sinking of Shanhai is due to weight of all the concrete and steel...
Personally I think the sinking of South East Asia has to do with the pole shift and change of earth magnetic field.... Let's keep an eye on the topic....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodworksinc
Bird are still chirping.

If your shoes start getting wet let us know before your computer floats away.
This is something that needs to be watched and checked to see just how true it is.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Any particular reasoning why you think it could be the result of a pole shift & the change in earth's MF?

Because all tectonic plates are very active around the globe, especially the one of Indonesia at the moment....
Then the mass bird and fish kill..... I suppose because they use magnetic fields for navigation wich is momentarily disturbed
You can also follow that topic here:
Changes of Environment

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just came across an interesting link from a Chinese news source dated 2003-07-16:

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Wei Zixin and his colleagues at the Shanghai Geological Survey Institute and staff from the municipal land-management bureau worked round the clock when there was a cave-in at the construction site of a local cross-river subway tunnel early this month...The cave-in took place along the M4 subway line now under construction and led to a wide area of land subsiding. In a chain reaction, one building in the area collapsed and several others began to tilt. Part of a flood wall along the river also broke.

Although the city's land managers and geologists concluded that the incident was not linked to subsidence, it still highlighted the fact that they are at the forefront of a battle against land subsidence in the country's most urbanized metropolis. The fight is still arduous despite the fact that the rate has been kept in check to a certain extent.

Built on coastal sand and clay that lie 70 metres below the ground surface, Shanghai is suffering from creeping subsidence, like Los Angeles, Mexico City, New Orleans, Osaka and Venice. ...The city sank 10.22 millimetres last year. Wei noted: "It is the slowest rate in the past decade." Shanghai sank 10.94 millimetres in 2001 and 12.12 millimetres in 2000, according to the institute. From 1990 to 2001, the city subsided at an average annual rate of around 16 millimetres.

Water extraction Local experts have agreed that the overuse of underground water remains a main cause of the city's subsidence. The Shanghai area was under sea water some 3 million years ago. As a result of movements of the Earth's crust, the area rose above the sea no more than 10,000 years ago...

...As early as 1921, geologists discovered that Shanghai was sinking. Since the 1920s, the city's 600-square-kilometre central area has sunk by 2 metres on average and even 3 metres in some areas. Skyscrapers As the most urbanized metropolis on the Chinese mainland, the land of Shanghai now shoulders more than 2,000 high-rise buildings of at least 100 metres in its 600 square kilometre central area. Thus, in addition to the overuse of underground water, experts believe that the mushrooming of skyscrapers in central Shanghai has also contributed to the city's creeping subsidence.

..."Shanghai's skyscrapers, to some degree, are too dense and in a mess,"

...the city's land managers and city planners are remaining vigilant and working hard to further slow down the sinking of Shanghai.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Just came across an interesting link from a Chinese news source dated 2003-07-16:

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Wei Zixin and his colleagues at the Shanghai Geological Survey Institute and staff from the municipal land-management bureau worked round the clock when there was a cave-in at the construction site of a local cross-river subway tunnel early this month...The cave-in took place along the M4 subway line now under construction and led to a wide area of land subsiding. In a chain reaction, one building in the area collapsed and several others began to tilt. Part of a flood wall along the river also broke.

Although the city's land managers and geologists concluded that the incident was not linked to subsidence, it still highlighted the fact that they are at the forefront of a battle against land subsidence in the country's most urbanized metropolis. The fight is still arduous despite the fact that the rate has been kept in check to a certain extent.

Built on coastal sand and clay that lie 70 metres below the ground surface, Shanghai is suffering from creeping subsidence, like Los Angeles, Mexico City, New Orleans, Osaka and Venice. ...The city sank 10.22 millimetres last year. Wei noted: "It is the slowest rate in the past decade." Shanghai sank 10.94 millimetres in 2001 and 12.12 millimetres in 2000, according to the institute. From 1990 to 2001, the city subsided at an average annual rate of around 16 millimetres.

Water extraction Local experts have agreed that the overuse of underground water remains a main cause of the city's subsidence. The Shanghai area was under sea water some 3 million years ago. As a result of movements of the Earth's crust, the area rose above the sea no more than 10,000 years ago...

...As early as 1921, geologists discovered that Shanghai was sinking. Since the 1920s, the city's 600-square-kilometre central area has sunk by 2 metres on average and even 3 metres in some areas. Skyscrapers As the most urbanized metropolis on the Chinese mainland, the land of Shanghai now shoulders more than 2,000 high-rise buildings of at least 100 metres in its 600 square kilometre central area. Thus, in addition to the overuse of underground water, experts believe that the mushrooming of skyscrapers in central Shanghai has also contributed to the city's creeping subsidence.

..."Shanghai's skyscrapers, to some degree, are too dense and in a mess,"

...the city's land managers and city planners are remaining vigilant and working hard to further slow down the sinking of Shanghai.

I guess they have another major problem there... but this time it's a manmade one.....
with a little help of mother nature....

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I live in Singapore and I'm a local here. The only thing sinking here is the freedom of information and speech.

I'm in my early 30s, well-educated, skilled/experienced but JOBLESS.

This is what Singapore government bragged about 10% economic growth recently. Right. The jobs went to nuisance foreigners and immigrants!

edit on 1/12/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
There was a thread regarding the east coast of Oz last year where the author of the thread believed that the sea floor was rising and moving? He/she was adamant..........and now?

I believe the thread was of importance. I also believe that the underwater volcano in indonesia is being stupidly ignored.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
There was a thread regarding the east coast of Oz last year where the author of the thread believed that the sea floor was rising and moving? He/she was adamant..........and now?

I believe the thread was of importance. I also believe that the underwater volcano in indonesia is being stupidly ignored.

Yes of course.... I understand.... it's both.
If something is going up.... something has to go down. That's a law of energy....
I think it's our own choice to live in countries along the coastlines of the Earth, like I do...

but there's always a chance of a tsunami, or sinking of coastlines and of course rising of sea floors.
We know that if we live along those hazardous areas or even upon them,.. we will face a tragic event with the waters sooner or later...!!!!
I strongly believe that it happened many times in the past,... but there's only a big difference now because we are living in a time where we have dense populated metropoles in those specific areas, besides very good communication devices, and that's why we all together experience dramatic events as if it was close to our own home....!!! Combined with our collective knowledge we also conclude that there is an increasement of disasters, (taken apart from the fact that it's only based on information that we are gathering for max. 400 years), so there should be something in our heart or soul that WANTS to mention all the events and discuss the topics with other people. It's almost like a duty. It feels like a duty, despite the fact that many people do not want to hear it and even despite the possiblility that our information was wrong

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by noahproductions

Now also Krakatau started erupting...... one of the most powerful volcanos of our planet...
edit on 13-1-2011 by noahproductions because: adding text

top topics

join