It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But do the British dislike us Americans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Are response threads frowned upon?

We all have seen the other, but now the question is raised in my head...

Do the British dislike the Americans?
I know there is alot of Anti-American sentiment in the world, but does that apply to the British as much as it seems to in other countries? I have seen many comments in these forums that would lead me to believe that Americans are generally looked down upon, we even look down on ourselves from time to time as well.

What are your thoughts?

As seen in the post below me, this thread already exists....please close as necessary.
Apologies in the redundance.
edit on 11-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Too late mate

Already posed.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As another pointed out in the opposite thread.
Most American haters are Americans.

We get a lot of America bashing because it is what is popular and in style. Strangely enough, most of that originates not in other countries but within our own very effective propaganda motivated media.

The rest of the world is merely jumping on the band wagon.

Except the French of course.
They hate us because we seem to be genetically predisposed to a hatred of France.

Oscar Wilde once said, "Everything popular is wrong."

I think he was right and will continue to do so until the notion becomes popular.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well before this thread gets closed down, I'll say this.
If we were attacked by an enemy, I'll fight for the life of a Brit, Australian, Frenchman, Italian, German, Canadian, Polishman (especially for helping tear down that WALL with Solidarity and the assassination of there people in the Russian Airport slaughter), and just about anyone else except a Chinese politician. They continue to declare that the US is their sworn enemy. It won't be long.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Well before this thread gets closed down, I'll say this.
If we were attacked by an enemy, I'll fight for the life of a Brit, Australian, Frenchman, Italian, German, Canadian, Polishman (especially for helping tear down that WALL with Solidarity and the assassination of there people in the Russian Airport slaughter), and just about anyone else except a Chinese politician. They continue to declare that the US is their sworn enemy. It won't be long.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

And i am right along side of you. In fact I would fight for the life of any other human being, regardless of any detail about them. To me human life is sacred, and i would gladly sacrifice mine for another if need be.

new topics

top topics

join