It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Lockheed Martin shadowing you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

That kind of reasoning could apply to anyone or anything.

Anything could be "foreign" controlled. Individuals, organizations, governments, and so on.

The fact still stands that private entities are more efficient and productive than any government apparatus.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by backinblack

That kind of reasoning could apply to anyone or anything.

Anything could be "foreign" controlled. Individuals, organizations, governments, and so on.

The fact still stands that private entities are more efficient and productive than any government apparatus.

Be tough though if say war broke out with China and we suddenly found they knew more about us than we do..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I heard from a LM employee recently that they're getting pretty heavily into nanotech too.

Kinda creepy. I remember reading that IBM's another one getting into the medical records and even medical tech game pretty heavily.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I wonder how LM stacks up against more public outsourcing companies like IBM or EDS (HP)? Just because a manufacturer spawns data processing units doesn't mean anything nefarious is going on. Just look at how many industries GE is involved in, including defense. I also have to agree with Mike that outsourced companies can do a much better job than government agencies at most of this work. As an IT person, the amount of data that some of these projects gather must be staggering. I'd certainly love a peek inside one of their data centers.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Luminakisharblaze

you should have him store document will all his secrets, and when he dies leave them for you.
then tell us

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I know several software engineers who work at Lockheed, and can only say that if you want privacy, don't communicate electronically. The only way to send a message electronically without it being scanned is embedding the message into a video or picture, as this scrambles the data. Or high level encryption. But that is only for now... What you do is overlay text with a lower opacity, so it is not glaring, on top of an image. Lockheed has computer tech that would blow your mind away. What they use the information for, I am not sure.

Personally, I use many proxy switches and false identities online, never stay with the same IP. Tor helps with that. And encrypt anything of importance using Truecrypt. Also, shut down all scripts on your browser unless you know what the site is using them for. Noscript for Firefox or Notscriptsfor chrome work wonderfully. Flash scripts can record your actual ip... Hope this helps some of you. Oh, and all texts are unsafe as well. Tech is available that filters through texts and calls and notices any change in tonality or grammar. If you start talking strangely, they will notice. Its pretty amazing tech, but whether it is in the right hands is a different question altogether.

Another handy program to have for safe deletion of data is CCleaner. It wipes what you want erased up to 35 times, roughly 5 times more than the NSA uses to wipe their drives.

EDIT:
I do want to clarify that this technology is used to target terrorists, and not to spy on the public. The data is stored from everywhere, but it is used to identify dissidents and helps in the process of capturing potential terrorists.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Belteshazzar.zv7 because: added links and clarification

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Low paid Enlisted in our military worked for hardly no money and could be forced to work 12+ hour days 7 days a week with no overtime.

Congress ditched them and had Contractors take over doing the work. Trust me, the Government did it cheaper. Contractors are for Profit companies and to keep making a profit maybe they will avoid changing the oil in that $50 million piece of equipment.....oops it died...fill out the paperwork to get Congress to buy another one.

If Americans knew how much money we are being robbed of right now there wouldn't be a Congress.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belteshazzar.zv7
EDIT:
I do want to clarify that this technology is used to target terrorists, and not to spy on the public. The data is stored from everywhere, but it is used to identify dissidents and helps in the process of capturing potential terrorists.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Belteshazzar.zv7 because: added links and clarification

Scary part is, I feel many at ATS could very easily be termed "dissidents" for their views, even though they are far from unpatriotic and definitely not "terrorists" as their definition goes. Asking questions is the fastest and best way to get secretly and silently taken care of.

Luckily, probably not many folks on ATS have a loud enough political voice to bring danger upon themselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

It seems like more money but contractors do more with less personnel and far less waste. If you had any idea how much JP8, MREs, ammo, parts, tools, we waste, lose, and misplace. One year at NTC my battalion went through multiple engines in our Abrams. Each one of those engine packs were around $900,000.00. On top of that millions upon millions of dollars of equipment vanishes every year, due to lost hand receipts.

We waste tons of money due to lost dental and medical records. Various tests have to be done over and over. Vaccines constantly given over and over. Medicine is "lost" all the time.

We waste tons of food. Every DIFAC, chow hall, throws tons of food away. Each day over 100 lbs of food are dumped from each chow hall on any given installation.

Thousands of potential recruits fail to get through basic and AIT every year, each one wasting tens of thousands of dollars each.

Then we have to pay for support. We provide housing. We provide fitness centers. We provide various MWR, Morale, Welfare and Recreation programs.

Then many of the soldiers only do one enlistment, some getting kicked out for drugs, going AWOL, and other nonsense. All of that money was invested in them for what? To get high?

With a contractor all you do is pay them. Its their reponsibility for medical care, housing, subsistance, training, logistics and equipment. All we do is give them a check.

The US military and government would be better off if we streamlined more. In the end it would save taxpayer's money.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This makes sense the government would use lockhed martin for yet more of their dasterdly deeds. They makes weapons and if, or when they/ the government decides to impose the control over people, who else to call,to further arm the military and whoever else they will use, lockhed of course, makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Pervius

It seems like more money but contractors do more with less personnel and far less waste. If you had any idea how much JP8, MREs, ammo, parts, tools, we waste, lose, and misplace. One year at NTC my battalion went through multiple engines in our Abrams. Each one of those engine packs were around $900,000.00. On top of that millions upon millions of dollars of equipment vanishes every year, due to lost hand receipts.
We waste tons of money due to lost dental and medical records. Various tests have to be done over and over. Vaccines constantly given over and over. Medicine is "lost" all the time.
We waste tons of food. Every DIFAC, chow hall, throws tons of food away. Each day over 100 lbs of food are dumped from each chow hall on any given installation.
Thousands of potential recruits fail to get through basic and AIT every year, each one wasting tens of thousands of dollars each.
Then we have to pay for support. We provide housing. We provide fitness centers. We provide various MWR, Morale, Welfare and Recreation programs.
Then many of the soldiers only do one enlistment, some getting kicked out for drugs, going AWOL, and other nonsense. All of that money was invested in them for what? To get high?
With a contractor all you do is pay them. Its their reponsibility for medical care, housing, subsistance, training, logistics and equipment. All we do is give them a check.
The US military and government would be better off if we streamlined more. In the end it would save taxpayer's money.

I agree with you, the whole streamlining process is more cost effective. No doubt about it, and the decision to outsource all of these military needs was made when?....September 10th, 2001.
On that day Rumsfeld made an announcement I read about in a book called Haliburton's Army, haven't finished the book but included this bit of information which is also on the DoD website.
A couple excerpts:

"Focusing on the core missions of DoD and contracting out the rest also makes sense, he said. "Why is DoD one of the last organizations around that still cuts its own checks?" he asked.

"When an entire industry exists just to run warehouses efficiently, why do we still own and operate so many of our own? "At bases around the world, why do we pick up our own garbage and mop our own floors rather than contracting those services out, as many businesses do? And surely we can outsource more computer systems support."

defense.gov source

Not a coincidence.
But nonetheless, as far as money goes, America has proven, in the army and out, that they're really good at outsourcing and cutting corners to save money.

But if you ask me who I want fighting for the country in which I live (I would prefer no fighting at all), I would want someone who is actually defending as a citizen. As someone with something to protect. Who cares. Because a mercenary will only stick around as long as there is a buck to be made. When TSHTF, and the monetary system breaks down, who are they going to work for?

However, our military-political climate is one in which the US doesn't seem to be defending it's home turf, we're reaching out with unclear, and as time has proven, questionable motives.

As far as saving the taxpayer money, I doubt that.
It would save money, but really, we've saved a ton of money in outsourcing since 9/10/01, and what have we done, spent more money than ever on more war!
Here is an interesting little article citing that congress is now reversing the process and beginning to 'insource'

Last year, Congress concluded that each military contract worker cost $250,000 a year. As the Washington Post noted this month, Congress expects to save $44,000 per worker in the defense budget by "in-sourcing" about $5 billion worth of work now handled by contractors.
Economist's View: The Cost of the Military

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
At Lockheed Martin, we contract with people for profit:

http://(link tracking not allowed)/cHbmqV

At Lockheed Martin, we count people for profit:

http://(link tracking not allowed)/feUPNE

At Lockheed Martin, we coerce people for profit:

http://(link tracking not allowed)/gk1fUE

At Lockheed Martin, we control people for profit:

http://(link tracking not allowed)/dQVdT9

At Lockheed Martin, we kill people for profit:

http://(link tracking not allowed)/eABhOY

At Lockheed Martin, we never forget what we're working for...

wp.me...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

im afraid its BAE systems whom aare number one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join