It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Lockheed Martin shadowing you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Is Lockheed Martin shadowing you?

www.salon.com

If it seems a little creepy to you that the same company making ballistic missiles is also processing your taxes, accessing your fingerprints, scanning your packages, ensuring that it's easier than ever to collect your DNA, and counting you for the census, rest assured: Lockheed Martin's interest in getting inside your private life via intelligence collection and surveillance has remained remarkably undiminished in the twenty-first century.

Tim Shorrock, author of the seminal book Spies for Hire, has described Lockheed Martin as “the largest defense contractor and private intelligence f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Welcome to the world of the War Industry Mega Corporation, where there is nothing that these companies are not into, including collecting massive amounts of data on YOU.

A seemingly just as appropriate title for this article could have been, "What ISN'T Lockheed Martin into?", as they seem to have their tenticles into just about everything out there, including training the TSA Agents who are fondling everyone at our airports.

This is a must read article folks. The activities these folks are involved with should make everyone sit up and take notice, as they are literally a cohesive unit with Big Brother, and they are invading every facet of our lives, whether one is aware of it, or not. And our tax-payer dollars are paying for almost all of it.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wonder how much they pay and where I can get an employment packet.

Hail COBRA!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I knew someone working for Lockhead.. his father had died not that long ago.. he seemed like a good guy, but slightly shady.. though I guess you have to be

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I knew someone working for Lockhead.. his father had died not that long ago.. he seemed like a good guy, but slightly shady.. though I guess you have to be

No, not really. I know several people who work at a Lockheed site. Regular folks. And no, it isn't a front.

You see regular people help give the company a veneer that it is a good place. Regular folks also will go along with just about anything to get a paycheck, so they only see the "good" their company does. You know, for our safety.

Welcome to the military-industrial-congressional complex.

- mike

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thanks for the link DD.
I will read it later, I have so many to read. I know how Hitler must have felt when the Russians were closing in with this seemingly daily assault on my rights. Hard to keep up with it all, but I will check it out.
Thanks for bringing it to our/my attention.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What do you mean by shadowing and how would you know? Area 51 technology?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm afraid I might have to leave ATS--my paraphrenia is acting up.

Seriously, the M.I.C. is truly everything Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us about. We're surrounded y'all.

For those that might me a little lazy 'bout clicking and reading, here's a teaser:

...Oh, and Lockheed Martin has even helped train those friendly Transportation Security Administration agents who pat you down at the airport. Naturally, the company produces cluster bombs, designs nuclear weapons, and makes theF-35 Lightning (an overpriced, behind-schedule, underperforming combat aircraft that is slated to be bought by customers in more than a dozen countries) -- and when it comes to weaponry, that's just the start of a long list.

In recent times, though, it's moved beyond anything usually associated with a weapons corporation and has been virtually running its own foreign policy, doing everything from hiring interrogators for U.S. overseas prisons (including at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba and Abu Ghraib in Iraq) to managing a private intelligence network in Pakistan and helping write the Afghan constitution...
www.salon.com.../news/feature/2011/01/11/lockheed_martin

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower”

Thank you DD, but I need an aspirin and a nap now.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Where is your shadow? Always nearby. Following your every move. Shadow indicates a close, watchful presence.

They are data-mining literally everyone. Collecting massive amounts of intelligence on the populace through a whole multitude of means. Pretty much rivaling the NSA. Maybe even more indepth.
edit on 11-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by Bordon81

...Pretty much rivaling the NSA. Maybe even more indepth.

What's really starting to scare me is that Lockheed Martin seems more competent at these processing measures than the government entities...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

They are data-mining literally everyone. Collecting massive amounts of intelligence on the populace through a whole multitude of means. Pretty much rivaling the NSA. Maybe even more indepth.

Many companies in the tracking and watching business are subsidiaries of LM. They have a lot of tentacles. So far the data you mention is biometric. Just think....once they put you with your screen name and track your internet browsing and postings...they have already been inside of your mind,, too!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
My father was the quality control engineer who oversaw all the spy satellites from the first one until the cold war ended. He also oversaw the gyroscopes and guidance systems on the Hubble, the B-1 stealth bomber and a bunch of projects that are still classified. For 6 years we lived in Alabama and he commuted to somewhere in New England. (we were not allowed to know what state, we had a generic 800 number that we couldn't even give to the school) We were not allowed to travel because we were considered a national security risk because they were afraid we would be kidnapped for his secrets. (and this was in the 70s and 80s)

I know I grew up in a world of secrets and suspicion. By the time I was 10, I was already searching for the cameras that I was sure were stashed all around the city. Strange that what I was so afraid of as a child is finally coming to reality.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
LM is one of the companies I tag as being most likely to be around in one form or another as a company which will be involved in extra-terrestrial mining operations craft.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just curious DD. What do they do with all this information? Anytime I put information about myself on the internet I assume that someone is storing it someplace. I don't like to be spied on. At least directly, but what does it mean for an average person like me that Lockheed is collecting and storing my information. What can they do with this information that might harm me?
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Well just from this article alone we can see they are working hand in hand with folks like the IRS and the TSA, as well as being deeply embedded within our political system, so those areas alone should tell you that they are likely sharing your info with those in these orgs and more. I think most of us likely have a sheet of data on us within many of these agencies and corporations.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don't often use Wikipedia as a source, but just a quick glance at that certainly shows that they have their hands in a lot of cookie jars.
Their website states "We never forget who we're working for". Seems to me that most of who they work for is DOD.
Again hating to use Wikipedia as a source, but it states that "Since 1995, the company has agreed to pay $577 million to settle fifty-four instances of misconduct".

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

With all the Government agencies and private contractors, I wonder what the TRUE cost is to the tax payer for all this spying on them??

How many would it feed and create jobs for??

Pretty sickening IMO..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

What's really starting to scare me is that Lockheed Martin seems more competent at these processing measures than the government entities...

Most, if not all, of the contractors are more competent than the government entities.

The more privatization the better in terms of spending and smaller government.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by The GUT

Most, if not all, of the contractors are more competent than the government entities.

The more privatization the better in terms of spending and smaller government.

But with sensitive issues such as this you have to wonder about putting our security and mined data in the hands of a company that may now or later be foreign controled..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well as they collect information on us, here is some information on the directors of Lockheed Martin www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

This does link into a spider web of connections to other companies.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join