It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we missing the bigger picture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am not sure if this is the correct forum but if it isn't Mods feel free to move it.

The news is full of shooting of Government people, suspicious deaths of others, possible car bombings, town hall shootings, killings on both sides of the law, corrupt government, threats against those in power, mail bombs, collapsing economy, 2.2 million prisoners, the list goes on............and on.......and on

While the shooter in az was an obvious nutjob the numbers are too great on both sides for it to be just a few nuts and a few bad apples in the police department and government. A huge portion of our country are scared, frustrated, jobless, homeless, etc. They have either lost hope or are losing it. They believe..rightly or wrongly.....that the government doesn't give a damn about the average Joe and they use the police force, DHS, TSA and such to oppress them. This breeds hatred and violence. When a man has no hope and nothing to lose he will strike back at the real or perceived threat in any manner possible. This widens the gulf between us and them.

Those in power are starting to fear the people and push for more special protections and rights for themselves and more and more dracoinan laws and curbs and restrictions on our freedoms and rights. This also widens the gulf between those in power and those that feel powerless.

I think this country is headed to a full scale civil war or maybe a revolt would be a better term. This would lead to 1000s if not 1000000s dead and could easily leave us under an out and out dictatorship.

How can we stop this?

Can we stop this?

Will Us and Them ever become We?

I dont know the answer but I fear for this country I love so much

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebelThose in power are starting to fear the people and push for more special protections and rights for themselves and more and more dracoinan laws and curbs and restrictions on our freedoms and rights. This also widens the gulf between those in power and those that feel powerless.

I think this country is headed to a full scale civil war or maybe a revolt would be a better term. This would lead to 1000s if not 1000000s dead and could easily leave us under an out and out dictatorship.

I think that you are right on the money here; civil war in the US is imminent - the only question is who is causing it to what aim?

Will it be race or class related or a combination of the two?

Originally posted by lastrebelHow can we stop this?

It is past the point of no return I think. See the FEMA camps and the shelters for the elite...

Originally posted by lastrebelCan we stop this?

Nope, but you can prepare; get off the grid, get guns and grow your own food I live in the middle of Amish country and am a retired Special Forces Officer, I own a small farm and can live off of it and defend it.

Originally posted by lastrebelI don’t know the answer but I fear for this country I love so much

It is no longer that country - sold out to collectivism and progressive NWO agenda long ago.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
And the really sad part is no where in the media is the question of WHY all these things are happening, other than the usual left right BS. It seems like TPTB are completely ignorent of the mood of the people...........or completely refusing to talk about it. They are aware or they wouldnt be trying so hard to get special protections, etc. But NOT ONE station to my knowledge has asked them why the public is so mad. History has shown those in power that wont listen to the public will have them come back armed and demanding to be listened too.

This is just the begining unless both sides sit down for an honest exchange, and I dont see it happening

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Can we stop this?

Yes. It takes a revolution of thought- a new enlightenment- and a revolution on top of this. We need increased connection between the citizens of this country. These citizens can then create, and make decisions on what should be done in the local community. No food? Build a hydroponic farm. No energy? Build Windmills, or solar generators, or get energy from running water. Research online, educate. The reason why this country is in the # is because we have lost the individualism. We constantly rely on the government making decisions- thinking that we cannot. We can. Enough people in one place can band together- not fight back- but decide to do things to benefit the community

To create.

To manifest.

To take back control of themselves- and exist as a true collective out to be- one made of individuals, not sheeple!

How do we start?

Connect with your community, with your peers. Show them the situation of the world, ask them what they would do if the economy collapsed tomorrow. Create a committee. Have no head, but rather, a board. Ask sensible minded woman to lead it, woman that aren't control freaks( sorry girls). Educated woman who have that maternal instinct to help all, but do not overly assert their opinion. Have the control freaks carry out the decisions made by this board. Btw, I'm a dude, and I'm an Alpa dude, so thats why I understand this. Have the men work, but by working, create faster. Have men dominate their working environment, by dominating themselves, rather than the others around them. Focus on the positive. Add your positive thoughts.

The magnetic field from our hearts is 30 to 40 times stronger than our brains magnetic field. You can make it stronger by developing it. This will help you create the reality you want around you.

We can do this. If we tackle it holographically. By the time the concentration camps get initiated, people will already have made a flexible community that can build bomb shelters, that can make double airlocks in their homes. We have an great working supply- all it needs is directive. A directive that can be initiated by YOU. Contact your family, posit the idea. Spread it as much as you can. Develop it, bounce it off of others.

Take back control of yourself- and do something rather than being on the internet all the time.

My thoughts, and thus, my future actions on the subject.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think Kirk hit the nail on the head with .........it has to apply to everyone or it doesn't apply to anyone. People feel like the law is twisted to mean whatever those in power want it to mean at the moment. I hear people say fight the abuses of power, but unless you have a spare 20,000$ cash to hand over to a lawyer your out of luck. How can peoples voices be heard when only the left right BS is broadcasted on TV. No answers, hell no questions.......just finger pointing between the left and right while the Titanic sinks.

How can a free country have 2.2 million people behind bars and 7 million on parole or probation?

How can we be governed by people that live behind bullet proof glass and surrounded by bodyguards?

How can we have real elections when it cost 20 million to run a campaign and any third party is belittled and laughed at by the media?

Its only going to get worse

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wantstoknowmore

To take back control of themselves- and exist as a true collective out to be- one made of individuals, not sheeple!

Collective individualism?? Yeah, that'll work... for a few months

A lot of people are feeling change in the air. Don't feel so all alone, FEMA is ready for change.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Few revolutions happened on full stomaches

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Few revolutions happened on full stomaches

That is part of my point, as more and more people lose their jobs and homes, see their family and friends doing the same, the violence WILL increase. How many of us can they afford to lockup? another million?.......10 million? How many people can the country support with no jobs? When bellys start growling in larger and larger numbers this become a very dangerous place to live for us all.

And the PTB refuse to even admit what is happening, or maybe its just that they are rich enough to not even really understand what the average persons life is like. They are getting scared though, but it appears in the media that again......its all about them.......not the policies causing the issues

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
Will Us and Them ever become We?

The first, possibly insurmountable, issue to overcome is that "they" have created so much division between "us". Take a look at ATS, for example. How many political or social issues discussions have you seen which didn't deteriorate into opposing sides either name calling or ridiculing one another?

I've long thought the division was by design, causing a segmentation of society and animosities between them to distract from the debaucheries of the elite. But, that division will now also prevent "us" from coming together with a singular focus to rein "them" in.

I dont know the answer but I fear for this country I love so much

As do I, my friend. As do I.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
reply to post by wantstoknowmore

Collective individualism?? Yeah, that'll work... for a few months

A lot of people are feeling change in the air. Don't feel so all alone, FEMA is ready for change.

From Flint-Locks to Cross-Hairs; The Failing of Our Country!

Sensationalism is running rampant, as a "wild-eyed Paul Revere," when "media-enabled citizen journalists" march the streets in pursuit of a "perceived sense of justice." And is very harmful when people, children, and public servants are slain and maimed, forever. Their purpose smote-down by irrational measures taken by a tragic mislead portion of humanity. O Yea, LORD, as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for thine art with me; how well we have forgotten.

Personal Thoughts..

It's really a sad thing that we do what we do. Our leaders have fallen-in to the revamped modern-day version of "Muck-Raking" and the battle of the "Whigs" and "Democrats" must cease. The division which is created by practice of this particular ideology and representation serves no useful purpose. "True Equality" among Human Beings will never manifest or prosper when truth is versioned. In a "Historical Perspective," solidarity of a nation, which rallies its citizens in a good and common cause is defined as: "Super-Nationalism" or "Nationalism," and the result is manifest as: "Patriotism" and "One-ness."

Sadly, as divisionary groups are created, the harder it is for the people to feel "together." Desperate acts and outbursts of protests are usually the result in social pressures as this. The simple fact is that people have an innate need to "belong." If a "hand of friendship" is given first, perhaps the impulse to act from desperation would be negated? Empathy and compassion are very necessary in modern-day society where "internet-enabled" devices serve as "avatars" for "personal interaction" of individuals; cold logical words make "objects" of people, who are supposed to be "Subjects."

Words of Wisdom and Warning:

Ultimately, we are "Subjects of God" who happen to be "Children of God." For without which, there is no purpose for existence. Argue these points, if you wish, but "truth is truth." I really do hope and pray, events in "our time" will allow our species to give pause, and collectively grow, for the better. The alternative is worse than "being cut-off from God," because then, under these circumstances, it would be every human being's mistake; far-worse than "Original Sin."

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This is how I see the big picture www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join