It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family friend of Jared Lee Loughner says he is a 9/11 truther and liked Alex Jones' Loose Change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Did you watch the video? I just don't see anything there in the account given by his friend's father, so very nutty or unusual. The nuttiest thing the guy says is that Jared Loughner would sometimes go around with a "Cheshire Cat" grin on his face.

That's a fairly acute observation, of someone who is present to those around him in grin only.

That's an "I've got a secret" attitude. I wonder what that secret was.

Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto are on the reading list of innumerable university Political Science courses. I'll bet West Point is one of them.

I know there is a great temptation to villify Loughner, but what I have heard so far, doesn't add up to a political assassin.

Catcher in the Rye wasn't on the list, I don't believe. I looked for it.

edit on 13-1-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow
The next few days on TV this is all you will hear about. They will paint all 9/11 truthers as dangerous and crazy. Anyone else think Ned Flanders down below looks and sounds like a fed or someone who was told what to say?

As much as this will shock everyone, I think the report of Loughner being mixed up with the truthers should be taken with a grain of salt. From what I hear, Loughner was a hard core anti-establishment groupie, and he was almost certainly attracted to the 9/11 movement becuase of the anti-establishment outlet it offered him. I have zero evidence to back this claim up, but I suspect he was instantly bored with the movement and probably gravitated away from it because although the 9/11 truther movement is deluded as hell, they're not advocating support for any outright revolution or violent armed resistance to anything that he was obviously looking for.

Remember, what he did doesn't make a lick of sense to us, but it made perfect sense to *him*. What other things outside of his own sick little universe that he would consider to make "perfect sense" is something I daresay would be few and far between.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So we have Palin rising (anti-abortion, pro 2nd amendment), The POTUS ratings plummeting, gobernmt wanting net neutrality with ID, The POTUS despising the the conspiracy web sites, and former whitehouse people getting wacked. And What Happens Next
The grand diversion in Tuscon
This story is getting weirder and weirder. I have to wonder if this ex-girl friend was paid to say the things she did. It seems that Laughner fixed everything for the POTUS.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Loughner is definitely a catalyst. A political action plan can definitley crystalize around what happened in Tucson and around the "personality" real or artificial of Jared Loughner.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

They don't even have to get paid, some people will just run their mouths. They will say what they think the news people want to hear, just to get on the boob tube. Trust me, I had people that I hadn't seen in years lined up, all claiming to be my good friends in my short time of infamy. I seen how people react, it makes me weary of people claiming to be friends and exes etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I wonder if it would be possible for someone or some agency to spoof Loughner's membership here in some way. Are ATS management certain that Loughner's account, erad3, was actually created by him?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

From the post they made about him, I got the feeling they weren't sure at all, but that it was his previous postings matching some of his You Tube videos. Granted, I didn't read the entire thread though, there could have been more information included or added. The problem though, is that the posts are dated, so any planted membership would have had to of had foreknowledge and gambled that Loughner wasn't going to open his own ATS account. So I'd have to say it's unlikely.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

A couple of things come to mind for me.

If Jared Loughner walked around with a "Cheshire Cat" grin on his face, it would be somewhat similar to the "Cheshire Cat" smirk on the face of Lee Harvey Oswald.

Loughner, as far as I know, is not cooperating with the authorities. That was Oswald's game plan as well.

Oswald was "in the game" and undoubtedly thought, at first that he would be rescued by his controllers in the US intelligence services. It took him awhile to realize he had been set up.

Loughner, if he were being bamboozled in some way by some controlling group, might have posted scripted stuff or have been told that stuff would be posted for him or simply have been such a basket case psychologicaly, maybe even a pharmacologically made-to-order delusional paranoid, that he could simply be pointed in ATS's direction and told to have a ball.

He could be another Sirhan Sirhan, who went into a trance at the moment he walked up to the Giffords group in Tucson and started blasting. He might not even remember doing what he is alleged to have done there.

He's got no real political "priors", and being "nuts" is an "explanation" with a long track record among right (of Attila the Hun) wing frame-up artists, like the guys who killed the major populists of the 1960s.

I'm suspicious of this whole thing. If I were the cops, I'd be doing a serious check on the cab driver that drove him to his rendezvous with mayhem.

edit on 14-1-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Maybe Jared's wife or gf cheated on him and he took it out on the first women he saw?

Maybe Jared was abused as a child?

Maybe Jared was dropped on his head as a child?

Maybe Jared was chemically imbalanced?

Maybe Jared was bullied all his life?

Maybe Jared just had some screws loose?

NOPE!...it was because he was a member of ATS!

This could shut down the web as we know it or freedom of speech!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

Eric Snow knows what's up.

What do you think the goal is here?They will call you terrorists..nobody will be able to talk bad about the government..they will stop you from exposing them..so long freedom of speech!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
reply to post by ericsnow

Eric Snow knows what's up.

What do you think the goal is here?They will call you terrorists..nobody will be able to talk bad about the government..they will stop you from exposing them..so long freedom of speech!

They do that already, and they know how to ridicule a person to make them an outcast as all people are hypocrites.

Too true on how they will just label someone something and your life is fooked and you did nothing but just speaking truths.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I have a feeling we will see more of these incident's.

Blaming everything on people who talk sh** about the government online is stupid..who doesn't talk sh** about the government?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave I suspect he was instantly bored with the movement and probably gravitated away from it because although the 9/11 truther movement is deluded as hell, they're not advocating support for any outright revolution or violent armed resistance to anything that he was obviously looking for.

That's an interesting point. 9/11 "Truth" must be very frustrating for someone who actually wants to do stuff about the way they find the world. It's a very soft, very undemanding form of antiestablishment thinking. All you have to do is click a few websites, anoint yourself one of the chosen enlightened few, and go back to whatever video game you were playing.

Mind you, given what this bloke's done I'll go for the quiet cranks in the TM every time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join