It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family friend of Jared Lee Loughner says he is a 9/11 truther and liked Alex Jones' Loose Change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The next few days on TV this is all you will hear about. They will paint all 9/11 truthers as dangerous and crazy. Anyone else think Ned Flanders down below looks and sounds like a fed or someone who was told what to say?

edit on 11-1-2011 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2011 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So this is either by design, on purpose to discredit all of this stuff, or they are just taking full advantage of the situation. Either way, doesn't look good...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Maybe the media should get thoughts and comments from friends before trying to pin this on Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, TEA Party, Conservatives...etc.

The comments I have been seeing from friends are....left-wing pothead, and now 9/11 truther.

9/11 Truther.....that makes a lot of sense.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Truthers, lucid dreaming, alternate realities and Salvia Divinorum all wrapped up in to a single package; this reeks of force-fed ignorance.

Regardless, prepare for media outrage.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
According to the polls, about 70% of Americans don't believe the OS, so this is hardly surprising. The media are doing their usual job of spreading government propaganda and trying to take advantage of the situation to smear and discredit truthers. Nothing new - except perhaps that it suggests they are really worried about the constant demands for a proper 9/11 investigation.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I watched the beginning of NBC Nightly News and they linked Loughner with Loose Change and Zeitgeist. At first I was taken aback because I never thought I would hear these documentaries mentioned on the mainstream corporate news. Then it made perfect sense - of course they want to make it look like anybody with non-mainstream views look like crazies. This creates the sheeple and the sheeple buy buy buy and then die die die without complaints and without disturbing the unfair social hierarchy that is continually promoted by the powers that be. They also mentioned his pot usage and attached negative connotations to that too.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
I watched the beginning of NBC Nightly News and they linked Loughner with Loose Change and Zeitgeist. At first I was taken aback because I never thought I would hear these documentaries mentioned on the mainstream corporate news. Then it made perfect sense - of course they want to make it look like anybody with non-mainstream views look like crazies. This creates the sheeple and the sheeple buy buy buy and then die die die without complaints and without disturbing the unfair social hierarchy that is continually promoted by the powers that be. They also mentioned his pot usage and attached negative connotations to that too.

Found video of that - www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

They did where do you think all the Palin, Tea party stuff came from?

When Giffords father was asked if she had any enemies, he replied the entire tea party. It's everywhere you can look it up.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

Thanks for posting the video!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

Oh puh-lease. He is the dad of the friend of Loughner, and he knew ALL of that?
They made it even more obvious with all of the editing and cuts.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Just because this guy was waving the "Truth" flag doesn't mean we shipped it to him!!

He acted on his own accord based on extremist ideology.

I know I may run into trouble with some of you on this next example, but:

Many people have committed heinous acts in the name of their religion... but the religion was not to blame. The killers' extremist views were.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think this video considering the date it was posted, today, is nothing but damage control brought on by the Gelnn Beck show yesterday. I made a thread about Glenn Beck yesterday accusing GB of lying about Loughner having any opinions on 911. There not on this board with the possible name of erad3.

Then vipertech0596 posted a link from the examiner that was sourced by the AP. The Examiner didn't have any info on this and you had to click the link to the AP. Here it is....

www.google.com...

Here is the quote from the article by an unnamed friend.

one friend said.

Mistrust of government was Loughner's defining conviction, the friends said. He believed the U.S. government was behind 9/11, and worried that governments were maneuvering to create a unified monetary system ("a New World Order currency" one friend said) so that social elites and bureaucrats could control the rest of the world.

Now today the AP put's out this video today who is the dad of a supposed friend to Loughner, but not that friend they wrote about yesterday. Hmmm....sound like BS to me.
edit on 11-1-2011 by curious_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
That dude does look like a fed, or at least a well fed by the fed uptight dude.

They said that Loose Change and Zeitgeist were 'little known' - huh? I have some very mainstream friends and one day walked into a Zeitgeist discussion. Netflix even carries that sorta stuff now. Maybe they weren't blockbusters, but most people I know have seen them. People call up C2Cam all the time and try to mention them but the hosts won't let them. It's almost funny- that must be dangerous stuff. I should catch them again.

Funny but for a truther, I didn't see anything in any of his posts at all about 911 truth. That strikes me as very odd.
My idea of a 911 truther is someone that really fights for the cause- not just someone that watches and discusses the Loose Change movie, anyway. I mean, if that is the criteria, then I guess all the folks at Popular Mechanics (or was it Science?) are truthers? Anyone that's ever debunked it is now a truther too. lol

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Just a thought here guys.... I was arrested a few years back, there was a big hoopla with the local media about it(I was falsely arrested BTW, charges dropped)... I had people I hadn't seen since frikken kindergarten popping up saying all kinds of crap about me, claiming to know me etc. I am willing to bet some of the people here are the same, just trying to get their few minutes of fame.
edit on Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:33:51 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
They were blaming David Icke earlier, because of "Conscious dreaming"

Now AJ?

hmmm. Indeedle.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well personally, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a Jared Loughner resume that also listed his likes/dislikes/interests, circulating around all of the US government. Just so each special interest can pick out their own specific cause to all of a sudden connect to Loughner and plead for change.

One that stands out to me today, that I found quite amusing, was the Senator from New York preaching that we must now ban all high capacity clips. Mentally ill special interests, partisan attacks special interests, gun ban special interests, the lists go on and now it's Truthers and all things conspiracy theory.

It's only due to the government being a victim in this event, all previous mass shootings manage to stay in the MSM for about three days tops, with little show boating from the government. Even the Cho mass shooting got little attention. But this mass shooting was basically a national tragedy b/c a senator and federal judge were victims of another nutjob lunatic shooting rampage. Don't be fooled though, as much as the government(and msm) try their best to make it look like Loughner had a complex agenda and went to great lengths to premeditate the attack, he did no more than any of the previous lunatics who committed previous mass shootings.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Why is it that an idea must get blacklisted by the media and within the minds of people if someone holds them and jumps off the deep end? Do people think there are dangerous ideas? Only if you have a psychotic break, in which case just about any epiphany will do the trick.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video. I think the account of Jared Loughner given by his friend's father is quite a realistic and believable one. Much of what is said doesn't strike me as odd or troubling at all for someone with an artistic temperament. But it is clear from the way he started to cut himself off from his friends and lost his job that there were serious currents taking him in a new direction.

Salvia. He even had something in common with Miley Cyrus. Imagine that. Sweet young Miley and Jared, the young artist, had something in common. So even the drugs don't quite add up to a mow down at the rally, do they?

Are we missing something from this story? Undoubtedly. It'll be interesting to find out what it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
According to the polls, about 70% of Americans don't believe the OS, so this is hardly surprising. The media are doing their usual job of spreading government propaganda and trying to take advantage of the situation to smear and discredit truthers. Nothing new - except perhaps that it suggests they are really worried about the constant demands for a proper 9/11 investigation.

Ok, do you really think that those polls were specifically asking, that were the towers brought down with magic nano-paint-on thermite that explodes with such power to launch tons of steel, faked airplane crashes, and fake video? Is that what 70% of Americans believe? You may want to check it again.

The polls ask do you think there is more to the story? Well I think more people beileve that we have not been told the whole truth, as to WHO screwed up big time and allowed this attack to happen. Of course there is the whole "cver your ass" game going on, so THAT is what people think when asked that question. Not, do you believe that magic bombs and no planes brought down the WTCs.

Anyways, this nutjob was very into "zeitgeist" and "Loose Change". Heh, it sad when people are so paranoid that they will believe whatever some college frat boys tell them about things they themselves have no idea about. But in the end, this guy was a wacko, nutjob, douchebag, that had no left/right/center, he was just crazy. Mein Kampf and the Commie Manufesto as favorites? And all of these conspiracy theories really got to his head. And we all know Loose Change is not exactly a source of real information. Too bad this sap didnt realize that.

Either way, its disgusting how this whole thing is now in the throws of the blame game. Who fault was it in the end? This idiot. (And maybe the sheriff that didnt take the warnings seriously to do something about it earlier, and put him on the "nut" list, that would have barred him from buying a weapon).

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

Originally posted by wcitizen

Ok, do you really think that those polls were specifically asking, that were the towers brought down with magic nano-paint-on thermite that explodes with such power to launch tons of steel, faked airplane crashes, and fake video? Is that what 70% of Americans believe? You may want to check it again.

With respect, it's you who may want to check again what I wrote...wherever did get the impression that I suggest they asked the specific questions you state? It seems you have imagined a whole and completely inaccurate train of thought that you believe was going through my mind.....when in fact it's your train of thought not remotely mine at all.

The polls ask do you think there is more to the story? Well I think more people beileve that we have not been told the whole truth, as to WHO screwed up big time and allowed this attack to happen. Of course there is the whole "cver your ass" game going on, so THAT is what people think when asked that question. Not, do you believe that magic bombs and no planes brought down the WTCs.

You've done it again! It's mind boggling. I never said, nor even thought, a word of the stuff you are assuming.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join