It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is our Government reactionary?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Im sure this question has been asked from time to time but in light of this new tragedy of the Arizona shootings and the newly proposed laws that are being talked about I feel like somebody must ask this question again. Why is our Government so reactionary in its lawmaking? Why do that masses yearn to be governed so?

The new law being proposed, as seen on ats, is that there will be a 1000 ft zone that surrounds a politician where you are not allowed to carry your gun while within the zone. In all honesty, who here thinks that this will actually stop people who want to shoot a politician?

Now just think about this for a second. Someone who is mentally deranged enough to not only fantaze about taking out a politician but to actually put steps into motion and begin to carry out said fantasy. Does anybody in there right mind think that having the law that says he/she cant be within 1000 ft of the politician with a gun will actually stop this person who is allready putting the steps in order to committ murder?

My question isnt just about this recent tragedy and the knee-jerk way our government is handling it. Think 9/11. HUGE tragedy. Thousands dead. Because there are a couple of sickos out there we must now, if we want to fly in a plane to go to a destination, walk thru a full body scan or be physically gropped to the point that its pretty nasty. Does anybody think that this will actually really stop a guy that wants to meet Alah while taking out the infidels or just a regular old nut job from trying to and actually accomplishing their goal? They will find a way. They will probe every week point there is in the security and they will find a way to at least try. And after they try and fail or they try and succeed what ends up happening? Another knee-jerk reaction by the government.

Instead of actually looking to fix the problem they just like to throw a band-aid on it. They like to look like they are taking care of us. They like to look like they are needed so they keep those nice cushy paychecks instead of working in the real world. They like to keep the power that they have developed.

We the people know that there are sick people in the world. We the people know that sometimes bad things happen. We the people know how to pick ourselves up by the bootstraps after something bad happens and get through it. We the people know that after all the bad is gone, we can go back to our normal lives. Yet with these politicians in power, after every boo-boo there is a knee-jerk reaction that does or will eventually effect our lives in a manor in which we wont like in the future.

Yeah, maybe you can say well, I dont really need to carry my gun around a politician. Maybe I dont really need to take a plane to my next family gathering. You can say "Well, Ill just do nothing wrong and they wont bother me." What happens when it becomes illegal for something that you actually like to do? What happens if it becomes illegal for you to watch football? They had all those concussions last year, its so violent, it must not be good for everybody to watch so lets scrap it. What happens when the government decides that in order to prevent a car from ramming in the police motorcade that when the president visits your city you are not allowed to drive within 10 miles of him? What happens when the government decides that your favorite tv show is just not good for you to watch because it sends a bad message or something? Will you actually fight then? Or you will you enjoy 1984?

When will it all stop?

When will it all stop?

When will the people of this country say enough is enough? Yes these tragedies are horrible that ive mentioned. But more tragedies will happen in your life and mine and we will hopefully get thru them when the time comes. We dont need laws after the fact that will not actually stop somebody who is hell bent on destroying something. They do nothing but take away the freedoms of all the people who are allready law abiding citizens. These laws do nothing but restrict our movements. Pretty soon we will just get up, eat, go to work, come home and go to bed and do it all over again. No enjoyment in life. No nothing. Just work. While the elected elite get to do whatever they want to do, they make laws to restrict our freedoms daily since its in our best interests to just be good productive citizens.

join