It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange vows more leaks, fears death penalty

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This dude is probably one of the safest people on the planet, if he does in fact have anything worth looking at. Governments around the world will be shaking in their boots and making sure that noone touches him just because of the fact that if he gets struck down, he shall become more powerful ...

The guy is going nowhere. Something tells me though that he's full of hot air and this whole thing is a publicity stunt. For what though? I don't know. He hasn't released anything worth even talking about yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Releasing the Bank-Files would be pointless right now,and i think most of us know why. The Global Economy is on the Brink of collapsing...IF there is some sort of Recovery after this coming Mess,and Banks still continue beeing sucking the World dry,then the release would be justified.

Not now,we got enough Problems atm.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Releasing the Bank-Files would be pointless right now,and i think most of us know why. The Global Economy is on the Brink of collapsing...IF there is some sort of Recovery after this coming Mess,and Banks still continue beeing sucking the World dry,then the release would be justified.
Not now,we got enough Problems atm.

Despite the bad economy the banks are still sucking us dry, in fact they do it more at these times with prices down..They buy everything up cheap using money borrowed at close to zero interest..
Not a bad scam..
And lets not forget most just recorded record bonus payments..

Who said the economy is bad..???

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The government won't touch him. They know to not make him a martyr.

The banks on the other hand...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
MORE leaks? When were the first leaks released?

hahahahahahahaaaaa......

Someone have a big Xmas and NYE hey

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
If they wanted him dead, he already gone six-feet-under.

Stop playing game Assange.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lansky
Sadly i fear he shall end up folded up in a garbage bin as well.. :-(

Wonder if he has got anything credible on UFO's ? would that not be the biggest story?

He needs to just drop the password for the insurance file and let the chips fall where they may.

There is something regarding UFOs in the material yet to be released (and that's a lot of material, so don't hold your breath) but I don't personally think it's anything too conclusive or juicy, since I don't think he's a Believer (meaning that if he'd seen something good he wouldn't call UFOlogists nutjobs). Still, it'll be interesting to see.... if I were forced to venture a guess I'd say it might be regarding the Turkey sightings--they were filmed from a military base, as I recall, and Ankara was the most common source in the Cablegate material.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedStevensLives

Sadly i fear he shall end up folded up in a garbage bin as well.. :-(

Wonder if he has got anything credible on UFO's ? would that not be the biggest story?

He needs to just drop the password for the insurance file and let the chips fall where they may.

There is something regarding UFOs in the material yet to be released (and that's a lot of material, so don't hold your breath) but I don't personally think it's anything too conclusive or juicy, since I don't think he's a Believer (meaning that if he'd seen something good he wouldn't call UFOlogists nutjobs). Still, it'll be interesting to see.... if I were forced to venture a guess I'd say it might be regarding the Turkey sightings--they were filmed from a military base, as I recall, and Ankara was the most common source in the Cablegate material.

Yes i am inclined to agree with you there, i do not think that it will be anything more than comments from U.S government staff regarding, as you said the Turkey sightings or perhaps Mexico's defence footage. something along those lines.

I do wonder about his method of releasing these cables though.. seems protracted.. hope i dont die of old age before the juicy stuff is released

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

LOL really?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
What's this about fear? Let's see. He wasn't afraid about leaks until he got arrested and jailed. Now he fears death/penalty. Those who are NOT afraid to die have nothing to regret. That's my take on the matter for now.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yes really. I havent heard about any leaks at all yet. I kept waiting for the climax to this ridiculous wikileaks buildup, and I reckon the rape news and Julians arrest must have overshadowed the earthshattering and mind blowing leaks that were supposed to be released. So yes really, was something of importance "wikileaked" already?

LOL really?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yes really. I havent heard about any leaks at all yet. I kept waiting for the climax to this ridiculous wikileaks buildup, and I reckon the rape news and Julians arrest must have overshadowed the earthshattering and mind blowing leaks that were supposed to be released. So yes really, was something of importance "wikileaked" already?

LOL really?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is going for the sympathy vote. Assange should know better and should not start dealing in fantasy if his cause and motivation is based on truth.

Firstly, there is no relationship between the current proceedings between the UK and Sweden which are based on accusations that Assange has committed sexually orientated offenses. Whether you believe he is innocent or guilt is irrelevant, what is relevant is the due process of Swedish law and the Swedish judicial system is transparent and independent. Maybe (just maybe) the whiter-than-white luvie of the anti-establishment and celebrity circus has a crime to answer for and is using his status to avoid answering for his actions.

Secondly, Sweden, like the UK or any number of European nations where the death penalty has been long outlawed would not extradite an offender to any nation where there was a hint that the person would face a court which has even mentioned the death penalty. Similarly, extradition would not be possible if the driver was politically motivated. If the US wants Assange then they will have to build a case which is persuasive to the independent judiciaries of the UK or Sweden.

Regards

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Instead of going on a rant about the Assange setup in Sweden (I'm sure it's been covered), I'm just going to go ahead and agree with you wholeheartedly. Well said.

I do wonder about his method of releasing these cables though.. seems protracted.. hope i dont die of old age before the juicy stuff is released

Well, to be fair, there's been a lot of important stuff coming out (the BM-25 myth, for one) and will continue to come out but we'll have to be realistic and face the prospect that there may not be any huge "smoking gun" revelations forthcoming from these cables.The most important thing is that they contain information that gives us glimpses into how the world really works--fleeting as they may be. The future already looks a little brighter, knowing that we are going to get more access to the information our governments/Big [insert most hated industry] don't want us to see and might even be a catalyst for more general openness in future governments. Wikileaks have sure had one heck of an impact in my neck of the woods.

Anywho... there is a reason for the stretched-out release of the documents but I forget what it is. I doubt it's "technical" issues as I read somewhere but I don't think it's a ploy to get more donations. Keep in mind that some media outlets already have all the leaked cables but are releasing them in sync with Wikileaks, except for a Norwegian paper that has published about a hundred cables Wiileaks has yet to. There's a lot of information to go over and confirm, is what I guess I'm saying.
edit on 12-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: there is no "because".

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Our problems wont be resolved until the banks are completely torn apart.

anything less, we're just kidding ourselves.

I welcome anything from wikileaks, and day, any year regardless of any economic situations.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I suppose it depends on what is important to the reader... I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting these two links:

Wikileaks Reveals U.S. Tax Dollars Fund Child Sex Slavery in Afghanistan

The now infamous Wikileaks recently released a cable from Afghanistan revealing U.S. government contractor DynCorp threw a party for Afghan security recruits featuring trafficked boys as the entertainment. Bacha bazi is the Afghan tradition of "boy play" where young boys are dressed up in women's clothing, forced to dance for leering men, and then sold for sex to the highest bidder. Apparently this is the sort of "entertainment" funded by your tax dollars when DynCorp is in charge of security in Afghanistan.

Link

U.S. Expands Role of Diplomats in Spying

WASHINGTON — The United States has expanded the role of American diplomats in collecting intelligence overseas and at the United Nations, ordering State Department personnel to gather the credit card and frequent-flier numbers, work schedules and other personal information of foreign dignitaries. Revealed in classified State Department cables, the directives, going back to 2008, appear to blur the traditional boundaries between statesmen and spies.
[...]
One of the cables, signed by Mrs. Clinton, lists information-gathering priorities to the American staff at the United Nations in New York, including “biographic and biometric information on ranking North Korean diplomats.”

While several treaties prohibit spying at the United Nations, it is an open secret that countries try nevertheless. In one 2004 episode, a British official revealed that the United States and Britain eavesdropped on Secretary General Kofi Annan in the weeks before the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Link

That's two examples I'd have thought people might be interested in. To be fair, maybe that Bieber kid got a new haircut at the same time or something...
(that's not a jab at you, hotbakedtater, just to make sure there's no misunderstanding)
edit on 12-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: something terrible happened with the code...

edit on 12-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: I think i got it now...

edit on 12-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: sleepy

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker01
if he gets struck down, he shall become more powerful ...

He is not Obi-Wan

Seriously though, I think assange is one of the good guys and it would be a shame if we let something happen to him.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill
Easiest thing to do? Sentence him to Death here, and tell the US it's finished with... a death sentence here (for piracy or treason) no longer involves actual death, just life imprisonment, and the gov' could put him in an open prison, so basically a hotel with a curfew, and he wouldn't even have to stop. Or pay rent. Or bills. Or taxes...

Ta-da!
edit on 11/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

(EDIT to add: Besides, don't we have a policy of not deporting/allowing extradition of anyone who would face death penalty in the country they were being extradited to?)

(EDIT to Add: Yes, I mean here in the U.K. Xin loi.)

The issue is that he fears that if he is extradited to Sweden, the Swedish will then pass him on to the USA, so he would not be extradited from the UK to a death penalty country. So, the trap is a lot more cunning than it seems..
Vicky

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I wouldn't think the US is looking to kill him at this point. The cables are already leaked and that damage is done, the rest of them will come out regardless of Julian's vitality and like-minded websites are already popping up. The framework is in place, so the only reason to assassinate him would be to set an example and even the CIA know that would be totally counterproductive. Much better to keep trying to discredit him, and I'm pretty sure they're giddy with delight with how they're doing so far. Considering how ridiculously transparent the Sweden set-up was, it's been tremendously effective.

Still, I'd refrain from traveling in small planes.

edit on 12-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
This is going for the sympathy vote. Assange should know better and should not start dealing in fantasy if his cause and motivation is based on truth.

Firstly, there is no relationship between the current proceedings between the UK and Sweden which are based on accusations that Assange has committed sexually orientated offenses. Whether you believe he is innocent or guilt is irrelevant, what is relevant is the due process of Swedish law and the Swedish judicial system is transparent and independent. Maybe (just maybe) the whiter-than-white luvie of the anti-establishment and celebrity circus has a crime to answer for and is using his status to avoid answering for his actions.

Secondly, Sweden, like the UK or any number of European nations where the death penalty has been long outlawed would not extradite an offender to any nation where there was a hint that the person would face a court which has even mentioned the death penalty. Similarly, extradition would not be possible if the driver was politically motivated. If the US wants Assange then they will have to build a case which is persuasive to the independent judiciaries of the UK or Sweden.

Regards

I would love to believe you're right, paraphi. From what I have read, I am not so optimistic. There's very little doubt that the rape allegations are nonsense, so why did Sweden involve Interpol for offences that carry a maximum sentence of a $700.00 fine?
Vicky
Vicky

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join