It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange vows more leaks, fears death penalty

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Assange vows more leaks, fears death penalty

www.rawstory.com

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange vowed on Tuesday to step up the website's release of secret US cables as his defence team warned he could face the death penalty if he is extradited from Britain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Death penalty? What a wonderfull christmas He must gave had!
If you think about it, it is allmost certain that He will recieve the Death Penalty OR Given light of his recent Publicity "Dissapear" As the TPTB so tastefully put it, Oh or maybe an "Unfortunate Accident" during transportation.

To be Honest he should never be extradited to the US, we all know they will find some way to End the poor guy.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

That or an accidental overdose of baby aspirin. I feel he will wind up dead one way or another. I bet he absolutely fears for his life at all times.

The clock is ticking and the government will only take so much public embarrassment....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What is his defense team basing their fears on? Is there a genuine plausibility to their claims or are they merely echoing the insignificant rantings of Mike Huckabee and Bill O'Reilly when they publicly called for Assange's execution?
edit on 11/1/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

sometimes the fear of death is stronger than the actual death. they are doing a full court press on him, until he cracks and fades away.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Isn't that nice of him? Just for him, I will take the bullet, and once I get my 20 posts, I will give a lot of information to everyone, So everyone can do there own research. I don't mind helping for a good cause.
Keep your eyes open

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Maybe drowned in a bottle of Calpol, who knows....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OneMoreChance

Very nice of him indeed, Hes better than jesus, And probably will become just as popular in history

link   
So in other words he is saying..
"You can't win, (Darth.) If you strike me down, I will only become more powerful then you could possibly imagine"

Eh, sorry.. couldn't resist

*From Star Wars, In case some people don't know...
edit on 1/11/2011 by deanyo because: Giving credit for a quote

link   
reply to post by randomname

A valid point indeed. Depending on his strength of will, he may very well wind up doing the job for them. They come out with clean hands and no more threat.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Easiest thing to do? Sentence him to Death here, and tell the US it's finished with... a death sentence here (for piracy or treason) no longer involves actual death, just life imprisonment, and the gov' could put him in an open prison, so basically a hotel with a curfew, and he wouldn't even have to stop. Or pay rent. Or bills. Or taxes...

Ta-da!
edit on 11/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

(EDIT to add: Besides, don't we have a policy of not deporting/allowing extradition of anyone who would face death penalty in the country they were being extradited to?)

(EDIT to Add: Yes, I mean here in the U.K. Xin loi.)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
My understanding that it was that young Private that stole all of this information correct me if I'm wrong but the point is how the hell long was he compiling this information or was it downloaded at different intervals. It is absolutely amazing that he would have access to this considering his rank was so low...utterly amazing..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If the US manages a way to legally call him a terrorist then wouldn't those new laws allowing the assasination of terrorists come into play??

Scary thought to not be safe ANYWHERE.

edit on 11-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'll pretend for a moment that Wikileaks is on the up & up and not compromised by any alphabet...although it thoroughly pains me to do so.

Surely the U.S. Government, by now, are just as ho-hum as the rest of us--not skeered I say--by the so far historically and consistent 'big bark, no, bite' rhetoric of Mr. Julian Assange.

But now that I've got that painful pretending outta tha' way: Since da' gubmit be in tha' know it's a moot point anyway.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

hes an aussie, we dont crack

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sadly i fear he shall end up folded up in a garbage bin as well.. :-(

Wonder if he has got anything credible on UFO's ? would that not be the biggest story?

He needs to just drop the password for the insurance file and let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill
Easiest thing to do? Sentence him to Death here, and tell the US it's finished with... a death sentence here (for piracy or treason) no longer involves actual death, just life imprisonment, and the gov' could put him in an open prison, so basically a hotel with a curfew, and he wouldn't even have to stop. Or pay rent. Or bills. Or taxes...

Ta-da!

(EDIT to add: Besides, don't we have a policy of not deporting/allowing extradition of anyone who would face death penalty in the country they were being extradited to?)

Where is here ?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lansky

I think he means england, Therefore hes correct, itd save tax payers money

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
While I am not putting anything past TPTB, I don't think that the British, Swedish and US governments are the one's he has to worry about. The Israeli's if they have "secret's" exposed, or if they are embarrassed by revaluations by the leaks are probably more dangerous as they don't care about bad publicity. Some other governments are the same, and at least one Asian government has draconian laws about leak's. The possibility of private groups taking matters into their own hands is also very real. Some of the Asian and European crime syndicates are extremely patriotic. As well as large businesses that become embarrassed.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
MORE leaks? When were the first leaks released?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join