It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you vote for Kerry????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Kerry is got to be one of the worst politicians to come out of the Democratic Party. If this is the best that they could scrape up to go against Dubya, they are in serious trouble

Why not John Kerry?
He covered up infomation about POW's
www.greenberet.net...

He has no plan to fight terrorism other than cozying up to the French. he has an affinity for the French trying to defer his enlistment to go to Paris to study for a year.
michnews.com...
Enough Flip FLops to make one Dizzy:
1970 - Kerry believes U.S. military should be run by the United Nations and that the U.S. shouldn't be able to deploy its own troops at its own will.
1986 - Kerry opposes U.S. strikes on Libya.
1991 - Kerry opposes U.S. force in Iraq.
1991 - Kerry changes mind and supports U.S. force in Iraq.
2002 - Kerry supports capital gains tax cuts to boost economy.
2002 - Kerry changes mind and opposes capital gains tax cuts. In a typical left-wing attempt to play class warfare, Kerry calls tax cuts a benefit for the wealthy.
2003 - Kerry supports U.S. force in Iraq.
2003 - Kerry changes mind and opposes U.S. force in Iraq.

Over China:
In 1991, Kerry Supported Most-Favored Trade Status for china
In 2000, Kerry Voted In Favor Of Permanent Normal Trade Relations With China
Now Kerry Criticizes The Bush Administration For Trading With China

I could go on forever. The question is why are people voting for him?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Thy are voting for him for the worst reason possible: because he is not Bush.

I was one of his constituents for many years. I know the kind of man he is. A favor Kerry saying is "Do you know who I am?" as he steps to the front of the theater line. Using his influence to have a parking meter removed from the front of his townhouse. Telling a constituent "That's none of your business" when asked about which foreign leaders he had talked to.

That's Kerry for ya.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

# Bush is against campaign finance reform; then he's for it.
# Bush is against a Homeland Security Department; then he's for it.
# Bush is against a 9/11 commission; then he's for it.
# Bush is against an Iraq WMD investigation; then he's for it.
# Bush is against nation building; then he's for it.
# Bush is against deficits; then he's for them.
# Bush is for free trade; then he's for tariffs on steel; then he's against them again.
# Bush is against the U.S. taking a role in the Israeli Palestinian conflict; then he pushes for a "road map" and a Palestinian State.
# Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for changing the constitution.
# Bush first says he'll provide money for first responders (fire, police, emergency), then he doesn't.
# Bush first says that 'help is on the way' to the military ... then he cuts benefits
# Bush-"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. Bush-"I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care.
# Bush claims to be in favor of the environment and then secretly starts drilling on Padre Island.
# Bush talks about helping education and increases mandates while cutting funding.
# Bush first says the U.S. won't negotiate with North Korea. Now he will
# Bush goes to Bob Jones University. Then say's he shouldn't have.
# Bush said he would demand a U.N. Security Council vote on whether to sanction military action against Iraq. Later Bush announced he would not call for a vote
# Bush said the "mission accomplished" banner was put up by the sailors. Bush later admits it was his advance team.
# Bush was for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the US. Bush after meeting with Pres. Fox, he's against it.
The Daily Kos

I think jsobecky said it best, He's not Bush. Kerry has more experience, he doesn't want to force his Christian beliefs on others, and, being a decorated Vietnam veteran, he won't start a war on lies, in part, so your cronies can get rich, just like Vietnam. A former Nixon administration official said "Bush's administration is worse than Nixon's"
UK Telegraph

Bush has dangerously incompetent economic policies and is the first President since Hoover not to create jobs, and the first in history to cut taxes during a time of war.
Center for American Progress

The bottom line is, who do you trust your children's future with? Bush clearly does not have the acumen or common sense to be President. Let me rephrase that, Cheney clearly is too crooked, even more shady than Bush. Do we reallywant some like that telling our President what to do?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Kerry critics should really refrain from calling Kerry a flipflopper. Here is a list of 25 flipflops by Bush, with quotes and links.

President Bush: Flip-Flopper-In-Chief

While John Kerry has certainly changed his mind on issues, many of his so-called flipflops are not flipflops at all. For example, consider his most famous flipflop -- "I voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it."

Kerry's position was that he would support spending $87 billion for the Iraq War only if $87 billion of Bush's tax cuts were revoked to pay for it. Thus he voted for a bill that authorized the $87 billion and revoked $87 billion of Bush's tax cuts. He voted against a bill that authorized the $87 billion, but did not revoke Bush tax cuts to pay for it. Kerry's position never changed. There was no flipflop.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was a finance clerk while in the military. I knew all along to get the proper info regarding Dubya's military service to look in his payroll records. Now it seems they were "inavertently" destroyed. Shall I say CONVENIENTLY destroyed or lost. Those payroll records show the time he was quit being paid for being AWOL.

There is a good reason to vote for Kerry.

join