It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Dupnic and the Pima County Sheriffs Office responsible for the Tucson Massicre?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
With a history of making violent death threats, drug arrests, multiple vandalisms, and the police called to his school 5 times because of disruptions why was he allowed to purchase a gun? Why wasn't he being treated for his mental illness? How about his parents? Why didn't they get him help? Before we blame the public at large shouldn't we look a little closer to home? Unfortunately the Sheriff's office seems to be spending more time doing damage control and seeing what people are saying about Dupnik than they did protecting the citizens of their county.

www.foxnews.com...
thechollajumps.wordpress.com...
www.larrysinclair.org...

1. In October 2007, Loughner was cited in Pima County for possession of drug paraphernalia, which was dismissed after he completed a diversion program, according to online records.

2. Last year, Pima Community College police were called in five times to deal with Loughner's classroom and library disruptions

3. Jared Loughner has been making death threats by phone to many people in Pima County including staff of Pima Community College, radio personalities and local bloggers. When Pima County Sheriff’s Office was informed, his deputies assured the victims that he was being well managed by the mental health system.

4. Pima County Sheriff”s Department has been conducting Google searches on the name “Dupnik.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
No a mentally deranged person was, the police did the best they could within the restrictions of their jobs.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The sheriffs department failed miserably and are trying to deflect the heat........pretty cut and dried really. I guess the fact that they said they had it well in hand while actually doing nothing says it all.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

Two one-horse local blogs that toss out unsubstantiated claims, and a FOXNews piece that doesn't even mention the sheriff.

Good work, Jimmy Olsen.

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Fox have just reported that during the morning of the shooting, Loughtner's father saw his son take a black holdall bag from the trunk of his car, mumble something when his dad called to him and then ran off.

His dad apparently "chased him into the desert" in his car but lost him.

His father then apparently phoned the local police department, but the police were not commenting on the conversation.

Maybe they tried to brush Loughtners behaviour under the carpet just one too many times?

Then of course....the rest is history.

As i say, this was just reported as breaking news on Fox, i'll post any links as they come in.

CX.
edit on 11/1/11 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
reply to post by ljtg123

Two one-horse local blogs that toss out unsubstantiated claims, and a FOXNews piece that doesn't even mention the sheriff.

Good work, Jimmy Olsen.

Which is way more than all the liberals have put together tying the shooter to the poster put out by Palin's PAC. But has that stopped any of them from ranting on and on about how it's all her fault?

Pathetic and

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm going to go with the obvious answer, no. Loughner was responsible for his own actions. He's not some innocent bystander who lucked out and got caught up in something he couldn't control. He's the crazy man who pulled the trigger. It's called 'personal responsibility', something that is sorely lacking in this country. He planned it out, he bought the gun, he pulled the trigger. Him. Not anyone else. No one forced him to do it. He's a disturbed individual who stepped into crazy-land when he decided to kill for heaven knows what twisted reason. The sheriff's office isn't any more responsible for what happened than you are.

And to answer your question about how he bought the gun, I'd imagine he used cash or a debit card.
He didn't have a felony on his record and he hadn't been declared mentally incompetent. There was nothing to tell the clerk who sold it to him that he shouldn't have one unless he was in there ranting and raving like a lunatic. Since he bought the gun, I'm guessing he wasn't doing that. As far as the clerk knew, based on his background check, there wasn't a single reason not to sell it to him.

top topics

join