It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal New Years Resolution:: We Must Become The Scum Of Society and Promote That Jared Loughner I

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I agree somewhat.

Just browsing different sites today, the theme seems to be not that he is a paranoid schizophrenic (not proven, but I know a few, and he seems to fit the bill, from what I've read) but that he listened to too much right wing talk radio, and that's what is responsible for this tragedy.

It amazes me what politicians will latch onto if they think it will give them an angle.

People are dead. STFU with the partisan politics.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Deleted by self, sorry I'm done with this.
edit on 12-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: retraction

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
I have consistently stated the same that all walks of life engage in distasteful rhetoric at their rallies, but I am not sure that you can differentiate between "We came unarmed [this time]" from "...Kill Bush, Bomb his f___ing House" as not the same.

I hope you would agree that it's pretty much impossible to use a guillotine to attack Mr. Bush. Other props I saw in the pictures (the left protesting against Bush) were equally quite symbolic. On the other hand, a firearm (especially a Glock with a 30-round clip) is an extremely effective tool for an attack. And in same pictures you see references to firearms (by the right).

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I hope you would agree that it's pretty much impossible to use a guillotine to attack Mr. Bush. Other props I saw in the pictures (the left protesting against Bush) were equally quite symbolic. On the other hand, a firearm (especially a Glock with a 30-round clip) is an extremely effective tool for an attack. And in same pictures you see references to firearms (by the right).

Where in any of the pictures did you see a Glock with a 30-round clip have you seen? This is what I am fighting against. You have ignored the premise of my argument and have decided willfully to engage ignorant debate.

This is pointless if you want to keep putting up a fallacy of division. You have neglected my whole post to only try and strengthen your own. Yet fail to recognize, I have stated that both have done it. Both have done it equally upon the same level and both continue to engage in distasteful rhetoric. You fail to even recognize that your side of the argument is just as culpable as the other.

Tell me, why should I even engage in logical, rational debate with someone who is unwilling to recognize all sides of the argument?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

then there was that dude with AR-15 at a peaceful rally,

Wait a minute...i can agree with some of what you are saying to a point. Mind you, you are still splitting hairs over what imagery and rhetoric is worse. It is a fully subjective conclusion you have arrived at, and one that is in contrast to quite a few people's own subjective conclusion.

But what is wrong with a citizen of the US deciding to lawfully and legally practice his right to bear arms?

Look, by the same logic Westboro church member are exercising their rights to free speech. I meant I like guns and all, but to bring a powerful weapon to a townhall meeting is at least slightly bizarre.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Where in any of the pictures did you see a Glock with a 30-round clip have you seen? This is what I am fighting against. You have ignored the premise of my argument and have decided willfully to engage ignorant debate.

Well, you can see a pretty detailed picture of a handgun on the placards the protesters are carrying. Whether it's a Beretta, a Browning or Glock seems in fact moot, because the reference to a real and powerful firearm is just loud and clear.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yet now you have downgraded the argument otherwise. You specifically pointed out a Glock with a 30-round magazine (which is what the unstable shooter used) to fit your point. I do not understand why some are fighting so hard to make a point that just isn't there.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
ModernAcademia. The liberals are desperate because we're kicking their asses out from all over the planet. Liberalism is a mental decease (Scientificaly proven). They're always pointing at others, while the source of every possible problem is used to coming from them and their idiot ideals. A liberal never can take responsibility for anything in life. This is why they're blaming the Tea Party and using this shooting disaster for their campaign, which is disgusting. But a liberal never feel shame, not even a case like this.

Liberalism = Communism. Communism = always blame others. I lived in both Communist and Liberal era and the two is one and the very same. What you can see in the media is Communist Liberalism on the highest level. But don't worry. This is the last breath of these mentally ill people before they would loose their power.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yet now you have downgraded the argument otherwise. You specifically pointed out a Glock with a 30-round magazine (which is what the unstable shooter used) to fit your point. I do not understand why some are fighting so hard to make a point that just isn't there.

OK, let me rephrase. A 9mm semi-automatic pistol is a very effective means for an assault because it's easily concealed, accurate and deadly -- compared to a guillotine which is really not portable, hard to conceal and requires a team of trained technicians to operate.

Sounds better now?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
ModernAcademia. The liberals are desperate because we're kicking their asses out from all over the planet. Liberalism is a mental decease (Scientificaly proven).

Michael Weiner, doctor of herbal remedies, is that you?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I have recently become disgusted more than ever at the liberal media and many liberals, not all, are falling for it.

What they are basically saying is that Jared Loughner is innocent however Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck and every member of the Tea Party are the ones who pulled the trigger.

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A woman named Caitie Parker has been tweeting that she went to school with Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' alleged shooter Jared Loughner and that he had met Giffords previously.

"As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy."

www.businessinsider.com...

Does the above mean I will turn into a complete idiot and blame the liberal media as if they pulled the trigger?

Perhaps this is a ploy to nationalize media?
Media is too crazy so govt. HAS NO CHOICE but to take over like it's North Korea?

Bill Maher was on Anderson Cooper and said that the shooter spoke of competing currencies and Gold, who else talks about that other than the Tea Party?

That's like saying "Jeff has a beard, Jeff is greek, therefore all greeks have beards"

Everywhere on liberal media they are taking the piss out of this news is the most disgusting way possible!!!

Innocent people died and all they do rather than mourn is use it as a tool for partisan bickering???

When Tea Partiers have banners saying "Take Our Country Back" Liberals completely paint the extreme as if it MUST be a form of a militia rethoric that equates to a call to arms, as opposed to simply voting within a republic and bringing the country back to constitutionalism.

Is that extremism???

This is NOT about a noble act of wanting to tone down rethoric, this is The War On The Tea Party!!!

edit on 11-1-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

Do we need any more evidence that this is all just a professional wrestling grade teleplay?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinnthiaMichael Weiner, doctor of herbal remedies, is that you?

Nope. It's the truth. It's well known outside the U.S. Liberalism is a mental illness, a mental decease.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
Nope. It's the truth. It's well known outside the U.S. Liberalism is a mental illness, a mental decease.

OK.
Sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Not really. What is the difference. Both reference death. The Guillotine actually is referenced to a person (in this case, George W. Bush.) In the case of the other posters, they are general. How do you not see that?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

Here is the deal and it is easily provable. Liberals are the ones who eschew violence. It is we who are anti-war. We are the ones who defend the little folk who get stomped on by the "system". It is we who still believe that the primary purpose of a free press is to safeguard our democracy by actively investigating and reporting to the public when anyone or any organization is found to be engaging in dishonest or illegal practices. Investigative journalism is what it is called.

You don't Eschew violence, and you are anything but antiwar. Where is you anti-war movement right now? On vacation while your leader kills brown people all over the middle east? Or is that what you call "defending little folk".

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
The inability for the " left leaning " to comprehend that the very same inflammatory remarks, could and should be used against them. I've reviewed the JPEGS that were input on this thread, Kill Bush, Kill Christians and so forth, and yet those who portray the Demoncrats in the same light, OH now we don't want to address that? There perfect little angels?
Avoidance much?

Laughable at best.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

I have addressed them several times. I keep asking who the people in the pictures are. I do not recognize them from their cable show or radio show or national office seat they hold or even ran for. Each time I ask, the question is "avoided" all together. Maybe you can help me out.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

No arguments that it is bizarre.

But no one was shot. It was a display of responsible gun ownership. And in Arizona, it is far less bizarre than you would see in, say, New Hampshire. They have liberal gun laws because the people there believe in it, obviously. And this guy was just a representation of that.

edit to add: while i despise Phelps and his phony Baptist cronies, they have every right to do what they have done thus far, it would seem.

I fully support the 1st Amendment. What they are saying is what i will judge.

edit on 12-1-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join