It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal New Years Resolution:: We Must Become The Scum Of Society and Promote That Jared Loughner I

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
All this thread proves is that both sides are One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.

Neither side is to be taken seriously or treated like mature adults. They have proven absolutely no true character to the American people. We would be best without the loonies on the left and right.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by Sinnthia

reply to post by Janky Red

Yep, you caught me. I totally was not just pointing out that both sides do it because as we all know, it's not possible for anyone to have a point unless they completely agree with you about everything. It's also completely impossible for anyone to be able to see both sides of a situation and actually be neutral about something.
Actually I take that back, it's impossible for either of you to do those things. Me? Not so much. I'm just cursed with too much common sense for my own good I think.

Edit:

And no Sinnthia, my point was not to point out that it happens in equal levels. I don't know if it does or not because I've never cared enough to count them up. My point was exactly what I've said it was so many times I'm not repeating it again.
edit on 1/12/2011 by Jenna because: (no reason given)

Common sense - Like when you reckoned tort Reform would have a significant impact upon the cost of
Healthcare costs in America? In that case your were totally unreasonable and spent pages defended an extremely poor platform.

The current (operative word) environment of extreme discontent is composed of the party who was completely in power. Just that assertion is illogical,,, why would one party threaten and hate its own party and ideas? Only if we consider the history of violent rhetoric can we penalize all sides for every conceivable voice of violent rhetoric. We are talking about NOW - the lefties are not, as of recent, talking about the tree of liberty and 2nd amendment remedies are they?

Grandstand
Oppose
Pretend

exactly the tactic that has cultivated such angry people

It seems the only solution to address the inability to do something else is to employ another round of the same

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

1. As a liberal, the thread title is offensive and quite frankly ignorant.

2. You obviously haven't learned how not to generalize ALL liberals based on the statements of a few.

3. Lougher and all of the fright-wing hate promoters are ALL guilty.

4. Last but not least (and in reference to the above), let's not get hung up on the shooter's political ambitions. Several innocent people died, including a 9 year old girl.

Let's put that part to rest and focus on sorting out this mess. Lougher obviously is in a world of trouble.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I hear you -

In defense of all of us loonies

How can we discuss or broach our positions if we cannot distinguish and argue about those positions?

Or the validity of assertions made by opposing voices?

One can lose it all by staying silent too long,

what do you suggest?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by kinda kurious

You do realize that senators and representatives from both sides of the aisle get death threats and that articles can be found to show that the left is also guilty of vandalism, yes?

I suspect Right-wingers would be less likely to vandalize -- they have more respect for private property than the Left. The Left is more apt to see it as "communal" property that they have a "right" to vandalize.

SeaWind

..lol.. in the military chants of "left, right" are obeyed to facilitate marching in lock-step... oh so similar to political rhetoric. Physical / literal obedience Vs mental obedience.. "left right" mental enslavement.

IMO "right wingers" and "left wingers" are defined by, and exist on, television.. in real life people (some) are complex.. capable of forming more than 2 media created / division fomenting opinions. Jared Loughner seems to be one of these people who was multi-wing, like the old commercial adage; "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't."

MSM clowns get lots of mileage from multi-wingers... "news", so called, producers, so called, can pick & choose the most palatable crap to satiate their wing-nutters hunger for reasons to justify an irrational dislike of strangers.

At the end of the day, on a message board near you.. fox nutters & GOP cultists chant "left", while msnbc nutters & DNC oblahblah apologists chant "right".. as they march in lock-step off a cliff of intellectual lameness, plunge into the toxic swamp of federal reserve indentured servitude below.. and drowned their free thinking soul in party leader muck.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

My opinion means nothing as you shall do as you wish regardless. However I do not oppose people expressing their beliefs, whatever those beliefs might be, I just cannot tolerate those who use extremist or derogatory rhetoric. Base your argument either on a philosophical standpoint or use facts to back up your assertions. Do not just point fingers and scream at each other senselessly.

All of those pictures on the first page of Conservatives and Liberals saying a politician should die or use threatening rhetoric such as speaking about coming armed against the government. How is that at all constructive? Like your government or not, they deserve your RESPECT. George W. Bush deserved respect and so does Barack Obama, same goes with John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi, all government figures deserve respect regardless of how much you despise them.

The problem I see is that the United States is morally bankrupt with an utter lack of respect for authority and their opponents. Whenever you play a game, per se tennis, you are always told to respect your opponent even though you might despise them. It’s just good sportsmanship and good moral character. Something America and Americans are missing.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
plunge into the toxic swamp of federal reserve indentured servitude below.. and drowned their free thinking soul in party leader muck.

OK

let us say we come to address the Federal Reserve

you do realize that the same apparition you loath will produce great discourse as a matter of belief -

There is party and the REASON WHY mankind can be ruled by two parties, the second is as old as mankind.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
From what we know of Jared Loughner, it is virtually impossible to discern what political philosophy, if any, he adheres to. I think his beef with Giffords was partly personal, stemming mainly from his dissatisfaction with his interaction with her. I do not believe Giffords’ specific party affiliation or even Loughner’s own party affiliation, whatever that may be, had anything to do with him choosing her as his target. It is more the simple fact that she was a politician that led him to target her. His disillusionment coupled with his mental illness caused him to project everything he thought was wrong with government in general onto her, resulting in his attempt on her life and on the others as a way to destroy everything he found fault with about our government and our society.

I feel the same way today about the violent behavior and rhetoric in politics as I did last Friday before the shooting happened. IT HAS TO STOP. Both sides are guilty and both sides look like idiots because of it. It is a shameful waste of time for us to spend one more second going back and forth with each other as individuals or as the political parties as a whole, about who is more guilty of the rhetoric, who started it, who’s rally signs are more violent, blah, blah, blah, etc. There will be no progress until we get past the sniping at each other. I sincerely hope people at all points on the political spectrum can at least agree that the notion of doing violence to each other in the name of politics is bad! If we can't at least agree on that, then there may be no hope for us.

The erosion of manners and common courtesy in society has also contributed mightily to the rise of violent speech and imagery. What the hell has happened to things like “please” and “thank you” or a simple smile when passing each other in the street? People are no longer kind to each other, and I for one miss that about us. While acknowledging that there is little if any absolute correlation between the violent imagery in politics and the shooting, the most constructive civilized thing we can do now is use what happened in Tucson as a jumping off point to begin talking rationally about dialing back the negativity and violent imagery. And while we’re at it, maybe we can even work on bringing back kindness and warmth towards each other too.

P.S. Just to throw it out there so there is no question, I am a die-hard liberal.
edit on 12-1-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

One person gives the opinion that the shooter was a liberal and that's enough for you go off half cocked like a Chinese toy pistol. I think it most interesting that conservatives are willing to spout their beliefs, never being shy about methods they would employ against their opponents, but the minute some nut case does something really bad like this recent event the conservatives go into hyper-drive dreaming up ways to justify calling the perpetrator a liberal. That is astounding!!!

Here is the deal and it is easily provable. Liberals are the ones who eschew violence. It is we who are anti-war. We are the ones who defend the little folk who get stomped on by the "system". It is we who still believe that the primary purpose of a free press is to safeguard our democracy by actively investigating and reporting to the public when anyone or any organization is found to be engaging in dishonest or illegal practices. Investigative journalism is what it is called.

The conservatives, the good ones, are a credit to our two party system. The others are the ones who continually make oblique references (quaint metaphors we suppose) to gun violence in their public discourse. Plainly they think this behavior suits the true American. It is the ultra right that spawns violence. When combined with The false Christians this inclination gives us the assassinations of abortion providers (because God hates them). No liberal would ever consider such abhorrent behavior. We think too much of the value of our freedoms. We think so much of freedom that we are willing to abide some freedoms that result in sometimes less than satisfactory practices. Abortion is one such. We who are more centrist do not like the idea but we will do our fighting the democratic way. Conservatives will often yell, "support our troops" but what of the so often foolish reasons they are sent to fight others? Since when do we support our troops when we fail to acknowledge that the conflict itself is wrong? Conservatives tend to have simplistic opinions and world views. "God said it. I believe it. That settles it." Has anyone ever seen that bumper sticker? It typifies the conservative's willingness to avoid anything that sounds like critical thinking. This is the reason the conservative will so often be antagonistic towards university professors. They teach people to think independently whereas conservatives do not. They prefer mere obedience.

Who are the more fearful? Liberals? Conservatives? Watch and listen to what is written, said and note actions and the answer is made clear.

It is very easy to see which side speaks of gun violence. Watch both left and right and be honest. The results here would be so obvious that a six year old would have no doubts as to the answer. The trouble might be though that a conservative will learn of liberals, not from liberals, but from other conservatives. This is not a good idea. If you want to know about Chevys don't ask a Ford salesman. Worse yet do not be willing to believe what he says without verifying. Be honest enough to verify everything that you possibly can before forming an opinion. If this very sensible rule is practiced then calling the shooter a liberal based solely on one instance, or even two, of heresay would never occur. In this case neither liberal nor conservative is appropriate because this guy was just plain nuts.

C'mon you guys. Let's all try to think and be honest. And then go after the liars in our midst (but not by employing "the second amendment remedy".that a republican congressman advocated.
edit on 12-1-2011 by trailertrash because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

My opinion means nothing as you shall do as you wish regardless. However I do not oppose people expressing their beliefs, whatever those beliefs might be, I just cannot tolerate those who use extremist or derogatory rhetoric. Base your argument either on a philosophical standpoint or use facts to back up your assertions. Do not just point fingers and scream at each other senselessly.

All of those pictures on the first page of Conservatives and Liberals saying a politician should die or use threatening rhetoric such as speaking about coming armed against the government. How is that at all constructive? Like your government or not, they deserve your RESPECT. George W. Bush deserved respect and so does Barack Obama, same goes with John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi, all government figures deserve respect regardless of how much you despise them.

The problem I see is that the United States is morally bankrupt with an utter lack of respect for authority and their opponents. Whenever you play a game, per se tennis, you are always told to respect your opponent even though you might despise them. It’s just good sportsmanship and good moral character. Something America and Americans are missing.

Your opinion is very important to me, it is part of the reason why I post with futility.
I think we all understand that our ideas will have very little effect on the core ideas of other members.
In fact you are one of the few members I know who seems to have been greatly impacted by discourse.
I was, but it did not take

I suppose it is very hard not to get furious and viscerally angry with certain things, politics reflects value systems
and value systems can serve as a window into the heart of a man. If you see my motives as being black hearted
in motive, it my be very hard to take my other opinions seriously; or even see them as valid.

My personal anger stems from what I see as a very effective, yet anti sportsman like campaign waged by by my ideological nemesis'. I can honestly say that I have been able to UNDERSTAND the concern that opposes
some of my desired policy choices, however, there are other things that have been confabulated in a pitiful dishonorable way, I am angry with the second. To pursue and engineer such a campaign is a kin to spitting on another in terms of respect, Jesus was special because he was ABLE TO WITHSTAND the same concept perpetrated upon his embodied idealism. Maybe nothing justifies my sharp talk, but I am not dishonest and I will not lug around a felonious notion even if it serves my ends greatly. I do not see the same from some of my friends and the warm blood in my veins is offended by this cowardly mode of conduct.

This is my confession I suppose
edit on 12-1-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
PS

and thanks to you who have not and never do engage in the lowside of discourse, all of you!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Tea Party Express is using this shooting to raise money now. I am certain there will be a thread by the OP calling out the tea party for being the scum of society for exploting this incident to raise money, right? Is this off topic or adding balance?
Tea Party joins fray in exploiting Tucson Shooting

That is pretty damn scummy.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

It is our DUTY to rebel if pushed with our backs against the wall...
Spin that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Oh pleasssssse! If this guy was an extreme right winger you would be all over the Left Right thing!
I am right and you know it. It is only non-political since you Liberals have found out that it was one of your own!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
It is only non-political since you Liberals have found out that it was one of your own!!!

Registered independant who hated the government and jews. Really sounds like a typical left winger.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

You just WISH you were right.

That's not what this is all about though. Since you can't put your ego aside and LOOK at what happened, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Mein Kumph sure sounds Right Winged doesn't it? NO.
The Communists Manifesto sure sounds Right Winged doesn't it?
The occult sounds that way too doesn't it?

The guy WAS a huge Leftie! Stop spinning webs of lies! If this guy was a Right Winger you would be calling for even more gun grabbing, speech threatening, laws to be passed! Turn out he is a Leftie and it is all of a sudden acceptable?

Come on. You actually believe your lies now? I stick to facts! How many class mates called him a left winged pot head?

You libs amaze me...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Really? Attack my statement instead of posting vomit.
He may be a registered independent, since you refuse to say otherwise, but he is a Left Minded nutcase! It has been stated and proven. Sorry! Do not pass go!

edit on 12-1-2011 by NeverApologize because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Guys.... You really need to stop responding to political trolls. Stop letting them draw you in. Divide and conquer has always been the plan, don't let the trolls deepen the divide.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
Mein Kumph sure sounds Right Winged doesn't it? NO.
The Communists Manifesto sure sounds Right Winged doesn't it?
The occult sounds that way too doesn't it?

Animal Farm is pretty lefty huh? NO.
Rascist gun nut sounds pretty left winged dont it? NO.
Rejected military, has to be a bleeding heart liberal right? NO.
Registered independant that must be code for Democrat, right? NO.
The occult is left? What?

The guy WAS a huge Leftie! Stop spinning webs of lies! If this guy was a Right Winger you would be calling for even more gun grabbing, speech threatening, laws to be passed! Turn out he is a Leftie and it is all of a sudden acceptable?

Huge Lefty? His friend said he most likely listed all those books just to push people's buttons and that is why you will find books on the list from both sides of the political spectrum. You are clinging to that twitter girl that knew him in high school though instead of current data because you really want him to belong to someone.

Come on. You actually believe your lies now? I stick to facts! How many class mates called him a left winged pot head?

You libs amaze me...

How many?

Answer. How many people that knew him called him a left wing pothead. I look forward to your list.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join