It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Headaches/Migraines Lately?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

This might sound weird, but i have actually never experienced a single headache during my near 30 years on this planet.
My grandfather apparently never had a headache as well and also never had the flu.
I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing though..

Except for brain freeze from cold stuff that is. That is the closest thing to a headache i have experienced·
edit on 19-1-2011 by juleol because: forgot some minor detail

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Thank you for the advice.

As far as I know I do not have heavy metal poisoning or epilepsy.
I was diagnosed with migraine symptoms years ago, and having a strange taste in your mouth is one of the symptoms. Migraines are neurological and they affect all the senses. The taste and the smell are the first clue that I am going to get one. Like OP, I also may have a silver light flash which is also a sign. Basically the clock starts and its go get an Excedrine Migraine, or get to a dark room with a cold pack in 30 minutes.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

I had a constant headache for about a week, starting around January 5. It was the kind of headache that feels like someone has hit you in you between the eyes (just above, actually) with a heavy object like a hammer. Like a cracked skull kind of headache, really sharp, distracting, and painful. I get these occasionally but I think they're different from migraines, which I also get, but which have more light-sensitivity. I used to associate this headache with not getting enough oxygen somehow, because I tended to get them at high altitudes, but I was at sea level this time. I seriously had this one for a week. I kept thinking it would go away after a good night's sleep, but it was always there still in the morning. I try to avoid taking unnatural painkillers, but I caved in an took a 600 ibuprofen. Even then it took another day for it to go away.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Wow, have never known of a person that has never had a headache. Your fortunate, they aren't fun and most of us have a difficult time getting rid of one. The brain freeze you speak of is similar - just imagine that going on for hours or a day or 2 with no relief.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have suffered from a specific type of headache for as long as I can remember. This comes on prior to the onset of heavy rain. Friends have jokingly commented that I should tell all my neighbours to take their washing in as it is about to rain. I suspect that this has something to do with increased air pressure. Anyway, I have had this type of dull headache on an almost continuous basis over the last 2 weeks, even thought the weather where I live has been dry. To me, it's like something has increased barometric pressure ?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I suffer from them really bad from time to time, often isolating myself in a pitch-black soundless room until they go away on their own.

Other times, I will get to the point where I feel I need to take meds to try to cure the pain, and they never seem to work. I'm not one to take meds, I find the effects they have on my body to be completely unnatural.

I was recommended something today for a migraine I had for over 8 hours straight. An over-the-counter arthritis relief pill containing Naproxin (in Canada, it's found in a product called Aleve). After taking a single dose, I was good as new within a half hour. Never before have I had the relief from something so grueling that quickly. They were fairly inexpensive (24 pills cost me as much as a bottle of Tylenol containing 100 pills might cost).

Just an idea for those who aren't made of tons of money or can't easily get prescription medicines.

Just out of curiosity, some say it dampers their meditation routine... I've tried meditating last night for the first time ever, and woke up with this wicked migraine... could the two have been related, or just coincidental? Clearly if it's connected, I haven't been doing it right. Hesitant to attempt it again now.

I tried researching both in Google and on this site, and have come up with no other explanation of a scenario like that.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
it's dec 2011 now, i'm noticing more headaches too, and i suffer with migraines. they are becoming more frequent. my husband's getting more too, and he usually doesn't get headaches. what's going on? ugh, i think it's the ever increasing toxins in our environment and in the air. it's just not right. the only thing that supposedly works long term is naturopathic, or chiropractic (ya know, holistic..) medical stuff, but that's rarely covered by insurance, and it's very expensive. :-( God help us!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join