It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile launcher found in Escondido Dumpster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Missile launcher found in Escondido Dumpster

abclocal.go.com

A missile launcher was found in a Dumpster in Escondido on Friday afternoon, wrapped in plastic and surrounded by debris.

A worker found the missile launcher and reported it to authorities, who say they believe the launcher is an anti-tank weapon used by the Marine Corps and Army.

An investigation is under way to determine who put the launcher in the Dumpster.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That's the whole story... very strange.

I'd love to hear from those who know of such things how this could happen without the usual conspiratorial thread, although those are welcome as well.

One of the comments to the article was: That is a used AT-4 anti-tank launcher tube.Not reloadable,Harmless.

Is this true?

abclocal.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yup looks like a used AT4 to me, someone probably brought it back from Afghanistan or Iraq. Most US man portable systems use throw away launchers, you basically remove the guidance section and toss the empty tube.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

How do you bring something like that back from Afghanistan or Iraq?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Maybe I'm wrong, as it's been many years since I visited one, but I believe you can buy stuff like this at the army surplus stores.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Its just a plastic/fiberglass tube, they are not reloadable. They are harmless.

Deebo

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Indeed, dummie rounds, hand grenades with a hole drilled out in the bottom, etc etc..

Deebo

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Thank you all for responding. I'm left wondering why this was news worthy in the first place.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
you can buy the AT-4 launchers at many surplus shops. Airsofters and paintballers rig them to shoot nerf rockets in wargames, look here:

They are demilled by the DRMO punching a hole in the body somewhere to render it inert, and doing something to the launcher mechanisim
so anyhow, these are readily available pretty much anywhere, if you google "at4 launcher for sale" you'll see lots of em for sale, I'm considering buying one and putting it on my wall
Nothing unusual here folks, move along, no conspiracies to shoot down planes...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
simple to do , the army is a buddy system and when the guys come back and there stuff fly back on a c17 or c5 they just pack in in some where on one of the pallets customs only checks one or two of the pallets when they get back to the states , as long as its not hasmat or marked and they put it in a pallet or isu90 that customs dont normaly check they get it back to the motorpool and take it home that simple ....reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Original thread here
:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join