It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The need to fill the void of ignorance

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
reply to post by Americanist

I found no evidence in your blog and none of it even proves the claims about universal consciousness.

I'm not about to watch a 44 part series that tries to explain your belief with mathematics. I had to stop it when I saw 'Gravitons'. Attempts to extend the Standard Model with gravitons have run into serious theoretical difficulties at high energies (processes with energies close to or above the Planck scale) because of infinities arising due to quantum effects (in technical terms, gravitation is nonrenormalizable). Does this guy even realize the problem there?

Mathematics can be used to attempt to explain a lot of things, especially gods and angels. Believe it or not, there are christian mathematicians who think they can prove the existence of a god with math. To me, this guy is no different.

I'm still curious as to why you so desperately want me to adopt your belief about consciousness. Don't expect me to watch such a long and time-wasting series. I'm sure I would still remain skeptical at the end of it, which is why I didn't even bother. I'm not going to sit here and watch all of this **** when I know full and well that I won't be convinced by it, plus I have other things that I would like to ####ing do today, such as eating and maybe playing a game.

Link me to a short video that can actually explain and prove your belief straightforward, not a bunch of long videos that will flush my time down the toilet.

Perhaps you should stick to the video description instead:

Marko Rodin has come up with a revolutionary system of mathematics involving whole numbers, toroidal constructs and spirituality which proposes to explain life, the universe and everything. In this lecture he demonstrates the fundamentals and some applications of his system.

This is not math... It's a number system/ programming language behind our 3 dimensional construct. You know what I like about you... Preconceived notions go right out the window. Hint of sarcasm of course.

The 44pt series is roughly 4 hours long. I'm sure you waste more time on ATS each day. I took a look at your daily postings from yesterday, and it's quite the extensive list.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

No, I don't waste more time on ATS. There are other things I do on my computer at the same time.

I'm sure you waste more time on ATS each day. I took a look at your daily postings from yesterday, and it's quite the extensive list.

That seems like a preconceived notion to me, and yes I will throw it out the window because it's false.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

I don't think we are supposed to accept ignorace, though. True, the only real guarentee you have in life is that one day it will end. But however long I have on this planet, I seek to fill my head with knowledge, and there is no such thing as bad knowledge. In the matter of philosophy, there is also no such thing as a right or wrong answer...metaphysics is completely based on theories put forward by individual people.

But the only question you need to ask yourself is: do you really want to blindly accept ignorance? If life were likened to a dark tunnel, would you simply sit down because you couldn't see the light? Or would you walk through, blindly searching for a way out? The darkness is ignorance, and the light is knowledge...personally, I defy ignorance at every turn. And if what I think I know turns out to be utter BS...?

At least my brain is getting it's daily exercise. Beats the hell out of spending pointless hours plugged into the television while my mind turns to pudding.

GtkP

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join