It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill seeks to wrap Congress in 'actual bubble'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Bill seeks to wrap Congress in 'actual bubble'

www.rawstory.com

In the wake of a mass shooting in Arizona that left six dead and one congresswoman in the hospital, some Republican lawmakers seem to be most worried about finding ways to protect themselves.

Rep. Dan Burton (R-IN) wants to enclose the House Gallery in "a transparent and substantial material" such as Plexiglas, an aide told CBS News.

His legislation aims to keep the public from being able to throw explosives or other materials at members while they are on the House floor.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Heh-heh

While the melee and aftermath of this whole scenario has created a lot of new safety protocols, I am not sure what to think of this.

Isn't plexiglass also fairly SOUND PROOF as well? Not to say that most folks outside of actual congress actually ever get their voices heard protesting anyway, but this seems more of a deterrent to quash that possibility of ever occuring as well.

Kind of like the "free speech zones" which were designed to keep protestors away from campaign gatherings during the last electoral processes. "You can voice your opinions and unhappiness peons, you just can not do it within earshot of anyone who matters. "

So a "congress in a bubble" is in the works now...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think this is more similar to the Pope Mobile...and while I am concerned that this is too much I can understand the concern...

Edit to Add - andaaquino.they.org...
edit on Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:17:51 -0600 by MemoryShock because: Addition of the link.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yet another way for them to isolate themselves from the rest of us. I'm so glad they're concerned enough about the people's well-being that they'll consider spending the money on this.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Haha, yeah, the popemobile came to mind with me as well when I first read this.

This whole thing sort of does take on a catch-22 scenario, because on the one hand, after the lunacy and violence just happening, the flaws in safety were certainly revealed.

But on the other hand, these people have literally defecated upon the citizens at every turn and have a massively and increasingly unhappy public opinion with their treatment of their voting populace. So as said above, this can also be looked at as another way to create even MORE seperation between they and the citizens they are supposed to be representing (which, of course is almost laughable anymore).
edit on 11-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
With all the political crap getting shoved down our throats it's no wonder they have somthing like this is in the works.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Man...at first I thought this was going to be some good political satire. But heck, the Onion couldn't top this story and it has some merit to it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Oh great idea, while we are at it why don't they also get bulletproof cars, kevlar suits for them and their family, a bunch of guns. The people of course, who are already billions in debt thanks to these people, will foot the bill.
edit on Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:14:19 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I really bleieve that that man was an agent and was problem reaction solution, done by tptb, murder incorporated. And its really making me
see red. I've had enough.

This world is so tragic, run by a small minority who think all the resources, money, priviledge, and even more, technology, buried, tech, is THEIRS ALONE, while children in Phillipines are dying on the streets, in fact the mafia rulers and mob rule of these third world, NWO approved ghettos, often take the homeless children and citizens out and shoot them at night in the middle of the night, this world is the most disgusting negative run pile of endless BS and everything is a lie.

Don't bleieve the news, nothing that happens is by accident, this was not an accident.

We need to start looking after our own. Ie. they're not going to give up their wealth and privililedge willingly and will destroy everyone, even tip the world over before they'll give it up. Thats not every one of them, but that is the hard core element of TPTB and its a given.

We fund everything and have already solved world hunger, equalized everyone by billions and trillions in aid over the years, not the government kind either. Nohting has ever changed, only got worse.

We need to form citizens counsels locally and watchdogs to them. We need to start to organize and equalize, trade, co-ops, work out what businesses and foods we really need and then set up ppl in our own towns and buy from them, trade, run a few online businesses to pay the property taxes of 100 or so people, so they get barely crumbs from us, but we establish our own system.

We need to wake up and get going.

The earth spins with magnetic energy, and this is what they've had for years overunity devices, free energy, we need to build them in every workshop and garage the smaller ones, and hten make bigger ones for our own factories. Cars. Everything.

They won't cough up the anti gravity, the crafts that grow from seeds, but they will when we demand it. When we are equal and our currency is different they wont have our children or anyone working for them anymore. We're going to have our own moles our own get that info out. We need full disclosure of everything.

So, what they just pulled off here, in a world of such horrendous abuses and inequality due to their own agents, just makes me ill. Enough is enough. This is over, we have overcome this system. And do it with a lot of class.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
We don't hear much from congress as it is - maybe this is a good thing as now we won't hear anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I really bleieve that that man was an agent and was problem reaction solution, done by tptb, murder incorporated. And its really making me
see red. I've had enough.

This world is so tragic, run by a small minority who think all the resources, money, priviledge, and even more, technology, buried, tech, is THEIRS ALONE, while children in Phillipines are dying on the streets, in fact the mafia rulers and mob rule of these third world, NWO approved ghettos, often take the homeless children and citizens out and shoot them at night in the middle of the night, this world is the most disgusting negative run pile of endless BS and everything is a lie.

Don't bleieve the news, nothing that happens is by accident, this was not an accident.

We need to start looking after our own. Ie. they're not going to give up their wealth and privililedge willingly and will destroy everyone, even tip the world over before they'll give it up. Thats not every one of them, but that is the hard core element of TPTB and its a given.

We fund everything and have already solved world hunger, equalized everyone by billions and trillions in aid over the years, not the government kind either. Nohting has ever changed, only got worse.

We need to form citizens counsels locally and watchdogs to them. We need to start to organize and equalize, trade, co-ops, work out what businesses and foods we really need and then set up ppl in our own towns and buy from them, trade, run a few online businesses to pay the property taxes of 100 or so people, so they get barely crumbs from us, but we establish our own system.

We need to wake up and get going.

The earth spins with magnetic energy, and this is what they've had for years overunity devices, free energy, we need to build them in every workshop and garage the smaller ones, and hten make bigger ones for our own factories. Cars. Everything.

They won't cough up the anti gravity, the crafts that grow from seeds, but they will when we demand it. When we are equal and our currency is different they wont have our children or anyone working for them anymore. We're going to have our own moles our own get that info out. We need full disclosure of everything.

So, what they just pulled off here, in a world of such horrendous abuses and inequality due to their own agents, just makes me ill. Enough is enough. This is over, we have overcome this system. And do it with a lot of class.

Fantastic post and to the point .
If the people read this they might wake up to the reality that they are in and the one they could make! Kudos for you and I hoe that some person takes the time ,to read , and understand the scope of the demise!
Peace!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
Yet another way for them to isolate themselves from the rest of us. I'm so glad they're concerned enough about the people's well-being that they'll consider spending the money on this.

This is like the Dunblaine Massacre all over again, the knee jerk responses are a misery to behold...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Pathetic cowards.
Second line.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well I know that we can now say goodbye to the town halls and all the extra meetings from our politicians. Whenever there is a crisis people always seek security and want to take any measurement to prevent the said X thing from happening again. It's problem-reaction-solution at its finest.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It would suite me of they wrapped the whole town in kevlar...air tight of course....don't want any strange chemicals getting in....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
lmfao
it seems plexiglass and a bubble didn't seem to
help the Ukraine Parliment per this video.

and I guess these congressmen never saw
the movie "Blues Brothers" where all the
beer bottles and objects were thrown
at the band???

Hell, that's standard operating procedure
south of the Mason Dixon Line.
hahahahaha

welcome to my world

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think that the protection of human life outweighs any concern regardless. On the other side of the coin, I do hope congress will understand if we the citizen wish to wrap our domiciles in protective "bubble wrap" too. After all, has there not been an excessive amount of deaths caused by authorities to innocent people? Do our lives not compare to those of the Government?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It is an interesting dilemma. The public trust in government has fallen because they have not confronted the difficult issues, but if they do it is going to be a fight. This fight must be non physical, hot heads, red faces and screaming until they are horse is all good and the public will love it. But they do need to be able to go back home at the end of the day, get some sleep and back into again the next day until these problems are resolved.

The public has already be warned to back off from threatening politicians, the politicians are people too and the same rules apply, need very clear lines of no physical contact. If they cannot play by the rules they can go to their room. There are ways and procedures to work through issues and as anyone on this site knows tempers do get flared at times so I can see their concern. Fear has been part of the game for far too long, good to see them looking at how to get rid of it.
edit on 11-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'same rules apply'

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

What ever makes them feel safe honestly is ok with me. I would want to be protected if I was in a job like that.
I am registered dem, but more independent. I believe we should be able to have guns. I don't think we need to have armor peircing bullets, extended clips for handguns, and stuff like that. When would you need that stuff ever?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Haha.. I gotta say I love seeing stuff like that. I've seen chinese govt officials (maybe it was japanese its been a while) fight like mad. At least the show a little passion right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join