It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rights are Special Privileges the Government gives you." Excuse me?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Let's be clear here....

This type of bastardization of the facts has been the mantra of the democrat party in the united states for about the past 50 years.

You can thank your teachers' unions and the liberal universities for this kind of crap.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
We recently decided to homeschool our children for similar reasons. I do not want my children "trained" to do what they are told. We expect our children to be obedient and pliable as kids but expect them to be independent and free willed as adults. You can't really condition someone to be an obedient little robot and then when they get older flip a switch to make them independent. It doesn't work. You need to find a balance of knowing when to do your own thing and knowing what situations you may need to adapt your behavior to. They are trying to teach our children to be good little corporation bees.
edit on 1/12/2011 by CJCSuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Tell him the truth. That not all or even most his would-be educators have a lick of sense or know their rear-ends from a hole in the ground.

This knowledge will serve him well in the future, and put him on the path to determining for himself what is true and what isn't.

To me, that's the ultimate in freedom.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
Let's be clear here....

This type of bastardization of the facts has been the mantra of the democrat party in the united states for about the past 50 years.

You can thank your teachers' unions and the liberal universities for this kind of crap.

Here we go some genius blaming one party for the mess we are in. Do you realize how dumb you sound when you say stuff like this. It is a rant. You are probably a poor republican who defends the super rich, thinking one day you will have a chance to become one of them when in fact you don't have a chance in the world. It is not the democrats and republicans. It is one super powerful group controlling the federal reserve, the education, etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Googled this individual and found out that this very piece of work was criticized in 2009 as well by some homeschooling groups. Read the first few posts. Apparently Phyllis Naegli replied to one of the posters and indicated that she chose the wrong words but couldn't change them because she doesn't own the rights to it anymore.

Thread about "Being a Good Citizen By Phyllis Naegeli"
edit on 12-1-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: corrected URL

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCSuperman

Let's be clear here....

Here we go some genius blaming one party for the mess we are in. Do you realize how dumb you sound when you say stuff like this. It is a rant. You are probably a poor republican who defends the super rich, thinking one day you will have a chance to become one of them when in fact you don't have a chance in the world. It is not the democrats and republicans. It is one super powerful group controlling the federal reserve, the education, etc.

Yes. It is a rant. A rant against fascists in the democrat party that are like a cancer infiltrating the minds of innocent children.

One party is largely to blame...that is the democrat party and their fascists who have gone on to occupy the ranks of the republican party. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away.

Did you ever stop to think that the democrat party is the largest single tool of the "super powerful group" you mentioned? I'm guessing that you did not.

It makes perfect since to the thinking person that the most vicious and anti-human political group (e.g., the democrats and "progressives") would be the tool used by your "super powerful" organization to subjugate free people. The problem for most is that they don't recognize that the poison that has ruined the democrats has seeped into the republican party.

Next time, before you get behind that little keyboard of yours, do us all a favor and think before you start moving your fingers.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sorry to have to burst your bubble, but I think that the USA is up the creek without a paddle. Right as of the first day of independence. Americans are simply the proverbial lost sheep who are wandering out on the rocks. They did not respond to the shepherd calling to them to come into the sheep fold. They are out on the rocks surrounded by a pack of wolves. Like as it says in the Bible "The devil stalks the world looking for whom he can devour". How can they who trust in violence say that they trust in God ? Money [private ownership] is the False God presented to you by the devil as a way by which to lure you into his evil ways. Money is a form of violence. Money and Politics are simply the "Way of Man". Men are the author of their own destruction in Hell. They want sex and drugs and violence. Thus they [men] reject the "Way of Heaven".

The USA is the worlds most evil nation. That is saying something because when I look around the world I can see very great evil. No other people have ever [yet] used such extreme violence [nuclear weapons] against unarmed civilians [hiroshima and nagasaki] not to mention also the constant use of conventional warfare apon the innocent and unprotected. If only the governments and peoples of the world could stop all this never ending evil ? However it occurres to me that evil has always existed and will always have its place in the Cosmos. In the Hebrew language that place is called "Armageddon" which translates as the "valley of the shadow of death" or simply the "Nightmare of Hell". This world of the material senses is that "Nightmare of Hell".

Do we trust in the Holy Spirit of God to be our salvation ? Or do we trust in men to be our salvation ? We cannot go in two directions at once. Like as Jesus said in the Bible "One cannot be serving two masters. You will love the one and will hate the other". Do we desire Mammon or do we desire Heaven ? As it clearly states in Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a man-of-war. The LORD is his name".

What law are the USA bound to ? This law that holds the USA bonded into militarism is obviously the law according to man. Such law created by man is null and void. It is of no importance. Ignore it.

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM(tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex and no drugs and no violence.

(1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One God there be no other God. Her names are many but she be the one true God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La deus nostra, notre dame, our lady, The holy spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving her above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to her above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright (c) NGL 2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

I insert this video as a way by which to tell you what the USA is turning into. The demise of DETROIT is as a consequence of drugs and violence that began in the "roaring twenties" but really began setting in during the 1950's when the drugs began flowing in with force. The working folks of Detroit simply could nolonger work in the motor industry due to the drugs related insanity. As a result the motor industry pulled out of Detroit and simply left it to the Drugs Gangs to control it. Warning : the USA in all its entirety is going down the same drugs related plug hole. The problem is not a foreign insurgency but is a deep rooted personality defect [psychosis] to be found in just about every citizen of the USA I have ever known. Other nations are often even worse. Here in my home country British Isles UK things are also bad, but hopefully we, being an island, we will be able to prevent the drugs from being imported. Synthetic drugs are a serious matter because they are home made. Detroit in USA is now moving over to synthetic drugs like Crystal Methamphetamine. Only by returning to the "Way of Heaven" can we escape this nightmare situation. The state education system can only provide so much for the children. The mothers and fathers of the children need to give guidence too. Teach the children the "Way of Heaven".

SHIMONO

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 12/1/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2Let's be clear here....This type of bastardization of the facts has been the mantra of the democrat party in the united states for about the past 50 years.You can thank your teachers' unions and the liberal universities for this kind of crap.

The later part of your argument would better serve here. So far the exclusion of party politics has led to a pretty honest debate about what Rights are, where they derive from, and how we exercise them thereof.

John Adams penned the following: "Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery of party faction and division of society." It fits not only the debate in regards to what Rights are, but how slowing cultural changes, wherever they have come from, have begun connecting Rights with Government and Government with Freedom.

It is not Government who protects the Rights, but rather the People who protect their Rights by maintaining here, in the United States, the Constitution. Without it, it would take less than one day for Government to instantly deny those Rights.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I for one am not interested in any "governments" privileges. I will author my own rites. Thank you very much

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Again both parties are "tools" as you mentioned. BOTH OF THEM. You can not blame one or the other because they are both frauds. A side show to keep everyone distracted. Half choose one side half choose the other. Everyone fights each other and nothing gets accomplished while TPTB laugh all the way to the banks they own. You have been fooled, as most have into choosing a "side".

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Maybe the OP is taking care of their nephew...hardly a point to focus in on in regards to what he is presenting.

That foundation is that the Constitution grants us rights, not protects them. Since the Constitution is the basis of Government, it must also mean that Government has allowed us to have such wonderful rights.

That is 100% dead wrong.

The Constitution doesn't grant us diddly. The Constitution merely recognizes our rights under nature and nature's god, and draws lines in the sand where government may not tread.

If anything, the Constitution limits government, not empowers people.

Those rights of mankind are ours naturally. Government doesn't "allow" us to have those rights, the Constitution doesn't "grant" them; they are ours by nature.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
Sorry to have to burst your bubble, but I think that the USA is up the creek without a paddle.

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM(tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex and no drugs and no violence.

Um, ok...

As a biological entity your "law" basically dooms you to extinction - you realize that right?

Well, then again, without drugs, sex and violence what would be the point of hanging around anyway?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sakokrap

The public schools teach a system of doctrine. In these schools they teach the "doctrine" of humanitarianism, which, according to Webster's New International Dictionary, is defined as "The distinctive tenet denying the divinity of Christ; also, the system of doctrine based upon this view of Christ." Some say 'God bless America'. Really? Is it a shining example that God, the Father of Jesus Christ, would be proud of? Really? You're deluded and delusional if you answered YES!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Whoa whoa whoa! Sorry sir but you have taken my words out of context. May I ask for what purpose?

Here is what I said:

As far as the little dig that Rights permeate from within Government has been hammered home for a long time now. You cannot exactly get the youth to actually believe that the Government is the bastion of hope without first giving them a foundation. That foundation is that the Constitution grants us rights, not protects them. Since the Constitution is the basis of Government, it must also mean that Government has allowed us to have such wonderful rights.

You skipped the beginning of the paragraph that gave the context and the manner of how I was speaking. I was explaining how the Government needs to twist the wording and understanding to make what the OP was talking about to be true.

Please, if you are going to quote me, do so in context.

POST SCRIPT: As far as your post, that is pretty much been my argument and I believe you are right.

edit on 12-1-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Since parties were brought into this... I want to know one thing... How does one determine ACTUAL election results??? No one can. There are too many people and there is no way of actually verifying, in front of everyone, election results. I can only go by what is told to me on the radio, on TV, in newspapers, etc. How does ANYBODY know what the real results are? There is no proof whatsoever. You can ask all your neighbors how they voted but they may not be truthful AND this would be an extremely SMALL sample size if they did tell you the truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCSuperman
reply to post by MMPI2

Again both parties are "tools" as you mentioned. BOTH OF THEM. You can not blame one or the other because they are both frauds. A side show to keep everyone distracted. Half choose one side half choose the other. Everyone fights each other and nothing gets accomplished while TPTB laugh all the way to the banks they own. You have been fooled, as most have into choosing a "side".

Nah, not fooled. I'm just not pretending anymore.

The democrat party is the greater of two evils. Much greater.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

I have, along with every other parent here, the same situation to bear. We are the educators of our children when it comes to the reality of the world. It is our responsibility to UN-teach those lessons they learn in youth and reveal the actual truths of our existence. The same thing has happened to every person here....we have all been forced to UN-learn and UN-condition our minds from our own childhoods from various teachings and half-truths to flat out lies.

I believe the greatest lesson here for he child to learn is that we all play a game. At work and at school everybody is a player in a game. We all appear to play along with the game in order to get by because at this time in our history it is still necessary. BUT, the great revelation, the great truth is in the knowing that it IS a game to begin with. All truths from then on are crosschecked by our own knowledge, our own intuition, and our own ability to find out truths for ourselves through research and more importantly direct experience.

It would do wonders for the child's self belief and confidence to tell them "yes you are right and the teacher was wrong but we still must appear to play along. The beauty is in the internal knowing that you are right." It is an important lesson that teachers are not always right. Any administration is not always right. We much check just about everything we learn against our OWN system.

This also poses the question "At what age do we tell them that history is not exactly true history. Events are written by victors and conquerers. Entire civilizations and events are erased if they shed a bad light on any regime in power."

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Let's be clear here....

Number of things wrong here. One.. we live in "these" united States of America, and second.. it is the U.N. that sets the ciriculum fo rthe PUBLIC FOOL SYSTEM.

I have several friends who are teachers and who would love nothing more than to teach the truth, but they would be out of a job quite quickly. They know it is all lies and they slip in the truth everywhere and anywhere they can without anyone noticing. it is a balancing act to be sure.

I am an uncle, and I teach my nieces and nephews whatever I can about the truth. I give them books by Jeffersona dn Paine and Bastiat. Let them understand the real way it should be. Your existence IS a government granted privilege, until you say differently and on paper...U.C.C.- 1. Reclaim the strawman.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Maybe the OP is taking care of their nephew...hardly a point to focus in on in regards to what he is presenting.

That foundation is that the Constitution grants us rights, not protects them. Since the Constitution is the basis of Government, it must also mean that Government has allowed us to have such wonderful rights.

That is 100% dead wrong.

The Constitution doesn't grant us diddly. The Constitution merely recognizes our rights under nature and nature's god, and draws lines in the sand where government may not tread.

If anything, the Constitution limits government, not empowers people.

Those rights of mankind are ours naturally. Government doesn't "allow" us to have those rights, the Constitution doesn't "grant" them; they are ours by nature.

Exactly mydarkpassenger, the Constitution IS a corporate contract document because the founders did not trust each other. You and I were never a party to it so it can not "apply" to us. We are endowed by our "creator" with certain INALIENABLE rights. Man has existed for thousands of years BEFORE ANY government was created. Government was a creation of man to REGULATE his commercial affairs. It has been twisted and usurped to enslave all of mankind save for the Elitists who run the show. WE work to keep them fat and stupid. It is really that simple, the Constitutions do not apply to you or I, they merely RESTRICT and LIMIT the power and authority the government has available. I wish that everyone would come to understand this.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Too many schools (and Teachers) today are beginning to act like our court Judges...who are acting like our Politicians, our religious leaders, etc. They believe that just because they currently hold a position of some power, that they are entitled to dictate their opinions as facts. I understand that in this case, the words were those of someone else, but this pattern of "you put me here to do as I please" has gotten out of hand.

Personally, I see most of this from the liberal side. Especially Nancy Pelosi who said (paraphrased) "the people elected us to do what we feel is right". Sorry Nancy...you were elected to do what WE want. I don't know if everyone concurs, but...I vote for someone based upon their promises to do the things they advertise they will do. I don't vote for a person who I think is always right...because no one ever is. I vote for a person who is capable, that promises to support MY opinions. And if the product isn't as advertised, it should be returned for a refund.

The Teachers need to realize they were given their jobs to teach facts...the Judges were given their position to uphold the law...and the Politicians are only there to execute the will of their constituents. The real problem (I believe) is that many of these individuals feel (and to some extent are) untouchable. The power, and their lack of fear of loosing their job, makes many almighty within their minds. Tenure is not suppose to be in place to allow a bad Teacher or Judge to continue doing the wrong thing. And, as Nancy learned, no one is untouchable.

I don't pretend to know how to do it, but I would like to see each of these jobs placed under the same scrutiny as everyone else is, with regard to their jobs. An annual review of their performance and a detailed list of their goals for the upcoming year. And if they repeatedly do a poor job or abuse their authority...they should be fired. They should all be treated as "at will" employees of the people. Maybe, just maybe, then they would do what they were hired to do. Represent the will of the people, the laws and the facts.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join