It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of Triangle UFO Witnessed Over Southwest Fort Worth, Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcc7e37667f3.jpg[/atsimg]

MUFON CMS - Fort Worth, Texas - unedited: The sighting occurred over my southern facing home in southwest Fort Worth near Benbrook Lake in the early morning hours at 7:45 AM Central Standard Time on December 10, 2010 (I confirmed the date and time by reviewing my text message to a friend with whom I shared the experience). I was rolling out the garbage bins for Friday morning Pick-up and the triangular shaped craft, with 3 soft glowing well defined lights beneath, was moving very slowly at a diagonal from my right to the left with no sound. I am accustomed to seeing aircraft which originate from or travel toward Carswell, AFB; however, this craft was on a trajectory outside of the usual flight paths I've witnessed.

The shape of the craft was distinguishable as a dark silhouette against the background of the early morning sky, and the 3 equally proportioned lights were the dominant feature. At a higher altitude, there was a military fighter aircraft too small to identify, but was still audible. I watched for about 2 minutes, as the craft grew closer and eventually passed directly overhead. I looked to my left and saw a neighbor in the car about 3 houses down; however, this person was not a co-witness. I remained in place and continued to watch. In the time I looked left again, toward my neighbor's moving car, the craft disappeared in a blink. My initial thought was that in a clear blue sky, I should be able to reacquire the craft, as there was no way a conventional aircraft could have disappeared so suddenly. The sky was cloudless, my view was unobstructed. I was unable to take a picture at that moment, but have discovered a photo that fits the description, the time of day and similar weather conditions under which I witnessed the UFO.

Im not sure what to make out of this.

I'm not sure if the picture was taken inside a house to get a reflection on a window, but the description obviously does not go with this story.

I wanted to know what everyone thought, reflection or legit?

Any thoughts?

Pred...
Source

edit on 11-1-2011 by predator0187 because: forgot source

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No expert, but looks like a photoshopped image of a reflection to me.....wth?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Could be, I'm not expert either, that's why I bring this stuff here. If it looks interesting, and this story did, then I get others opinions because I don't know jack.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
yeah that looks fake. looks like a reflection of a chandeler, or however you spell it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
How do we obtain the original picture?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

I'm not sure if the picture was taken inside a house to get a reflection on a window, but the description obviously does not go with this story.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
Source

Oh, c'mon now! Do they think we are absolute imbeciles?

A photo taken through a window with the ceiling lamps on in the background.

I feel sad and ashamed for UFOlogy today!

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Why on Earth would we need to?

Word to the wise, please don't waste your valuable time on this rubbish!

I don't mean to be disrespectful to the OP. Re-reading his post I see that he got the explanation spot on. It is the people who try and pull these pathetic stunts, MUFON for allowing them publicity and the idiots who desperately want to believe everything is otherworldly or supernatural.
edit on 11-1-2011 by triplesod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Nothing more than sunset reflection from your lense, nice try bud!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

What could possibly be wrong with getting others opinions on a picture? How is that a disgrace? A disgrace would be not getting other opinions.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbiy666

It wasn't me, I just saw the story and picture that went along with it and thought I would share.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbiy666
reply to post by predator0187

Nothing more than sunset reflection from your lense, nice try bud!

You are too eager to try and prove your smarts to the other forum members. Re-read the OP's post and try and knock the arrogance on the head, eh?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What could possibly be wrong with getting others opinions on a picture? How is that a disgrace? A disgrace would be not getting other opinions.

Pred...

Please re-read my post, mate. My anger was in no way directed at you.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

My apologies, I thought you directed that at me. I get what you are saying now.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What I find strange is that the link you provided states the incident happened on December 10, 2010.

And the exif data shows the date to be:

2009:03:27 21:36:31 1 year, 9 months, 14 days, 16 hours, 26 minutes, 30 seconds ago

E xif Data

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I see three lights. There appears to be no actual body to the thing, just the lights. My questions is: when all one can see are lights, how do you know the shape of the craft (if even) in question is triangular? Assuming a shape behind these three floating lights, why do you assume it is triangular? Couldn't the lights be placed in a triangular shape on the bottom of a round craft? Or square shape?

My guess? Reflection from ceiling lights, something like the following:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a17015bdaa47.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

MUFON CMS - Fort Worth, Texas - unedited: The sky was cloudless, my view was unobstructed. I was unable to take a picture at that moment, but have discovered a photo that fits the description, the time of day and similar weather conditions under which I witnessed the UFO.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
Source

As noted in the above quote, the photo was not from the sightings report, in fact there isn't any info telling where the photo was obtained, just that it resembled the sighting, so, yes, it would make sense that the exif data doesn't match since the person filing the report to mufon didn't take it; more than likely a reflection off a pane of glass so thumbs down on the photo, but that does not de-rail the original sighting report.

seeker

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This craft , if real or not human made , resembles a Great Devouruer assault ship , known soemtimes as a "Flying Dustbin" to some abductees due to the resemblance of the dissection/resarch area to a dust bin.

Or it could just be ceiling lights (reflection)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

yes

Why is today any worse than yesterday?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
As noted in the above quote, the photo was not from the sightings report, in fact there isn't any info telling where the photo was obtained, just that it resembled the sighting, so, yes, it would make sense that the exif data doesn't match since the person filing the report to mufon didn't take it; more than likely a reflection off a pane of glass so thumbs down on the photo, but that does not de-rail the original sighting report.

seeker

Yeah I really wish people and news media wouldn't add a photo just to illustrate a story. All it does is confuse the story as no one reads when there is a picture... they just attack the picture

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm not versed in any kind of photography/photoshopping, but my first thought was reflection.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

Any thoughts?

Pred...
Source

A photo taken through a window with the ceiling lamps on in the background.

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Why on Earth would we need to?

Word to the wise, please don't waste your valuable time on this rubbish!

I don't mean to be disrespectful to the OP. Re-reading his post I see that he got the explanation spot on. It is the people who try and pull these pathetic stunts, MUFON for allowing them publicity and the idiots who desperately want to believe everything is otherworldly or supernatural.
edit on 11-1-2011 by triplesod because: (no reason given)

Yep.
Exactly what it is.
A reflection from a cieling on a window, looking outside.
Ive gotten many photos just like this (and better).
But was never idiotic enough to try and make people believe they were UFO.s

Good god man.
wtf is wrong with people.

How could you NOT know that's a reflection?

SUper fail.

whoever flagged this should get a finger lopped off. lol
edit on 11-2-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

top topics

join