It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Atlantic Anomaly and South Georgia Magnetic Observatory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

South Atlantic Anomaly and South Georgia Magnetic Observatory

www.bgs.ac.uk

A magnetic reversal in progress?

The South Atlantic Anomaly (SAA) is known to be growing in extent and spreading westwards from South Africa, as the Earth’s internal magnetic field rapidly weakens in this region. This may be early evidence of a forthcoming reversal in the direction of the Earth’s internal magnetic field. We do not know in detail precisely what occurs during such reversals, including the changes observed in the magnetic field and the time a reversal takes to complete. However these factors are important in knowing where the radiation risk may be increased and how the atm
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If we continue to see a surge in movement of the magnetic poles, I would assume we'd see an ongoing behavioral change in animals/insects first....... due to navigational disruption (see: enormous animal die-offs lately)

It is also very likely to effect most navigation systems around the globe too....compasses, GPS.....I can see pilots/airports having to updates their coordinates constantly (see Tampa Airport)

www.bgs.ac.uk
edit on 11-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
And so it begins!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And I was hoping that 2012 would be an Alien invasion..

I am quite dissapointed now, my mate won the bet on the earth exploding...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
And so it begins!!!!

If you put all things together, I mean EVERYTHING including Mayan Prophecies and all the animal die-offs and Tampa airport making national headlines (for something so "common") things sure do indicate we're in for some interesting times on planet Earth. This is not even taking into consideration what the Sun is up to these days either so all we can do is peacefully, without panic, prepare for change!

I suspect and expect a huge spike in UFO activity as well. Be it governmental experimentation or otherwise

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is why i saw swallows flying south earlier? Oh and the radio was static.
edit on 11-1-2011 by exactmad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It would seem this article is just a page with general questions about possible situations in regards to the earths magnectic field down under. Also the quote above has been cut short somewhat. It does continue and says

Earth’s magnetic field has had many highs, lows and reversals in its past. The last reversal was around 800,000 years ago. So the Earth is known to be able to re-generate its field and has done so during human pre-history. Understanding the development of the SAA may therefore be significant in understanding the reversal process and its impact on life and the natural environment.

To me it seems this has been posted on the back of the animal deaths and the Tampa Bay incident but has no real implications on the subject at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by exactmad

Think it would only effect everything that depends on it birds, fish, bats. Past 2days the lights flick more than usual and stupid radio.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by exactmad

Weird I live in a major city not very far from the stations but many of them are too staticy to listen to. This is in my car where I have an atenna and used to not have this problem until a few months a go. I do not have cable and have an atenna and I notice as of the last 2 months channels going out for hours. I try everything and nothing will come in; in fact this happens on every single TV in my house. I had one channel that was gone for 3 weeks total. As I am typing my TV is doing it again the channel will just go totally black for a long time.
I was talking to someone who worked at time warner cable and they were speculating about sun spot activity but if the poles really are shifting it would effect everything on earth right?
I know I had constant dizzy spells; like I am on a boat or something for 2 weeks now. I have talked to a DR and I have no illness at this point. My family has a history of dizzy spells during extreme weather changes but I am thinking poles shifting could cause this as well not too mention my ears popping and ringing. I do not have an ear infection. I think this whole pole shifts might be right. Maybe the 2012 theory is more than just a theory?

edit on 11-1-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drustew

To me it seems this has been posted on the back of the animal deaths and the Tampa Bay incident but has no real implications on the subject at all.

Back it? If anything it's contrary to the official stories. Unless I am mis-reading your post.

But I didn't write it. I just inserted it.

You really think it's all coincidental? Really?
The extremes in our weather.... The increase in volcanic and earthquake activity ... Floods and tsunamis...... Bees vanishing .. ... Birds dying... Fish dying .....Bats dying.......Cows dying....... Whales dying........Seals dying.......Compasses going hey-wire......Airport modifying their runway.........and now HAARP is off line????? Just kidding with that one but it IS off line!

Curiouser and curiouser

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hello Sir. What i was implying was that the article above was more of a general Q&A on possible magnetic shifts. I wasnt trying to discredit yourself about posting the information because yes it is something we need to know.

The ongoing deaths around the world is strange. Magnetic Shift? Maybe. I believe at the moment that due to the popularity of these animal deaths the amount of information being shown could make people over react and think things are worse than they actually are. There was another post here on ATS that mentioned more deaths and ongoing pandemic getting worse but a local man in that area indicated that it happens EVERY year.

Thats all i was saying about the above article. Could this become much much worse? Possibly. Will it become a full blown pandemic? I dont think so.

Drustew

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

There was another post here on ATS that mentioned more deaths and ongoing pandemic getting worse but a local man in that area indicated that it happens EVERY year.

I been there, I saw them paying that guy a dollar to say that!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Interesting article - it raises questions for me regarding the radiation impact on the natural environment. We all know what radiation can do - I wonder if any of the birds/fish has been tested for radiation exposure. I need to go back and read the article again, not being a scientist I feel the need to absorb the meaning better. Thank you OP for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Neutron Radiation eh?

Here's the Thread you need. Open Minds only please, and it's been on 11 days so it's a long un, but, stick it out and you shall understand most if not all of this.

ATS Thread

Probably take you an hour, and there are snippets on almost EVERY page, so don't skip.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
According to my phone gps digital compass it changed but the compass keep jumping now unless its a big fat lair

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This interesting stuff considering what has been happening but sadly this thread already exists:

Earlier posting of same material:

British Geologic Survey - A Magnetic Reversal in Progress?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aoi3610

Thanks for the link - will read this evening.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Person in the link below has compiled a very good list of magnetic polar shift material. I thought it was interesting and from everything that has happened my quest for knowledge on the subject has grown ten fold.

LINK

However i still cant see it being linked to death of these animals. Granted we dont know what the effect would be, but for some reason i dont think this would be it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
For more than 100 years, scientists have noted the strength of Earth's magnetic field has been declining, but have disagreed about interpretations. Some said its drop was a precursor to reversal, others argued it merely indicated some temporary variation in field strength has been occurring.

But now Gauthier Hulot of the Paris Geophysical Institute has discovered Earth's magnetic field seems to be disappearing most alarmingly near the poles, a clear sign that a flip may soon take place.

How long a reversal might last is a matter of scientific controversy, however records of past events, embedded in iron minerals in ancient lava beds, show some can last for thousands of years - during which time the planet will have been exposed to batterings from solar radiation. On the other hand, other researchers say some flips may have lasted only a few weeks.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

If we continue to see a surge in movement of the magnetic poles, I would assume we'd see an ongoing behavioral change in animals/insects first....... due to navigational disruption (see: enormous animal die-offs lately)

It is also very likely to effect most navigation systems around the globe too....compasses, GPS.....I can see pilots/airports having to updates their coordinates constantly (see Tampa Airport)

Why would magnetic changes affect GPS. That system has nothing to do with magnetism. It has to do with position, Time and distance delay.

www.bgs.ac.uk
edit on 11-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

top topics

<<   2 >>

join