It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA FTP Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the information contained within the files listed on this site are of any value? Someone please check it out and let me know. Beware of the warning, though...

"This computer is funded by the United States Government and operated by the California Institute of Technology in support of on-going U.S. Government programs and activities. If you are not authorized to access this system, disconnect now. Users of this system have no expectation of privacy. By continuing, you consent to your keystrokes and data content being monitored."

FTP

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm assuming that no one is adept in reading these types of files.

Skeptic? I'm sure you have some input on this.

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Depends what you are looking for, i remember pictures of a moon base was located on the FTP site before. I always visit their FTP site
the aircraft section is always worth a look

ftp.hq.nasa.gov...

[edit on 9-7-2004 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I downloaded all the files on their FTP server, which were accesible (using the guest login)... I have not read all of them, some of them talk about dates and times for shuttle launches. Nothing really that interesting...

I deleted all the files though... Because as soon as I downloaded the files, my firewall kept reporting of DoS attacks, and the IP address the 'supposed' DoS attacks were coming from, were the same as the FTPs server. Probably nothing... But got a bit panicy, lol - even though I didn't do anything illegal.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by MetalHead]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
That's pretty interesting, MetalHead. I wonder why this folder is readily accessable to the public, but then when files are downloaded, action is taken.

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I regularly use some of the NASA ftp sites at work. Even though I have permission to be there, I think it's all public anyway. It's funded with public money, and all the data it generates is public. Nasa has shedloads of online data on the various websites.

They have loads of different FTP sites, and I've never been to this exact one before. I see lots of PDF files, and PS printfiles, lots of graphics, some powerpoint presentations. This looks like an area they use to exchange data.

There is one file in the mail directory that has the email addresses of hundreds of scientists round the world. Bizzare that this should all be public.

My firewall reports nothing.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wow, lots of stuff in here. It would take days, even weeks for me to check them all (or at least those I can open). But so far what I'm seeing doesn't seem all that secret or juicy. But then again - maybe there is more than I am seeing here. For example, here is a map of world wide GPS service stations:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
OK, I see it won't let me link the image here. But check it out in the resource file - name "globalmap" (it's a PDF).

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It is actually pretty interesting, I thought I saw a special once that showed this same sort of map with the same exact locations pin pointed and they were listings of all known IAEA reported nuclear weapons. Dont quote me though cause Im not to sure... but im sure they have a map online somwhere that you could match up against this one.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Go to Resources the find file for world_clean this is definately some neat stuff Nasa is watching but what and for who. I can definately say these are not cell sites because I used to do cell/analog tower aquasitions and this is basiclly clustering certain areas which I know have much more and less in some areas. Especially in the South West and East Texas areas which are not shown on here.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Please read the file README
it was last modified on Tue May 26 15:47:49 1998 - 2237 days ago

hi i`m new here but i gues this ftp has not been updated for a wile

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

This is the site that has been useful to my group at LARS on face book. We research Lunar Anomalies and have seen many unexplained things in NASA images as well as other connected space agencies as they are all working together somewhat. pds-geosciences.wustl.edu... this ftp site has many Tib of information. I use the site to collect img data from Lunar Orbiter missions because NASA touches up their images sometimes on purpose usually the LOIRP does the work for them as they have been contracted out and have a facility at an abandoned MacDonald's. You bet there are UFO's in some of those images. Please visit my group on face book to see some of the things we've uncovered. ~ Bret ~

new topics

top topics

join