It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs panicking, scent of some odor...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GraveDigger

Ok so feel different objects in the house when next you experience footsteps and such happening upstairs from you. What you want to discover is if there is an object which is the entry/exit point for the spirit or spirits. Start with the obvious as I have previously suggested.

Ah hell, I will get back to you all hell is breaking out with my kids right now.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Ok so feel different objects in the house when next you experience footsteps and such happening upstairs from you. What you want to discover is if there is an object which is the entry/exit point for the spirit or spirits. Start with the obvious as I have previously suggested.

Ah hell, I will get back to you all hell is breaking out with my kids right now.

Okay... So next time that happens you want me to feel objects, and what will I be looking for when I feel these objects? Any sort of significant thing to feel for?
I've also just realized that there is a mirror, a window, and a bed down here... I've drawn this picture as a bit of a blueprint, showing where the mirror, bed and window are. Let me know what you think...
I've also added where the laundry room is as that is where I often hear voices coming from.
Note that there is no door to the laundry room, just an open walking space to get in there. Nothing blocking it, not a sheet or anything although I have considered that just to help me sleep better at night as I find myself looking in there regularly to see if there is anything I can notice, no dice so far but I try my best not to look, as I am positive there is something in there and I do want to see or communicate with it, I do not want to see something I wish I could 'unsee'. I am very interested though, communication with something like this would be nice, especially considering the experiences I have had with the paranormal throughout my entire life.

Here's that blueprint.

If that doesn't work... Try clicking this...
i58.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Ok that answers my final question, I was going to ask you if there is a source of water nearby the room, such as bathroom or laundry.

I believe what you have is a Spirit Entity Entrant Portal. Now if I may ask, do you have a small child coming or is there one who visits, even stays the night and if so has that child become ill, febrile while staying? Is there a New born or do you plan to have a new born come to visit? Also how many entities have you and your family sensed since you first became aware of the possible paranormal occurrences?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What I meant by checking out or feeling objects in your room next time, is that you may find a marked difference in the temperature of objects such as the mirror. Just because you discover the temperature changes at the time when the entities are present does not mean that the object itself is the origin of entry and departure. We will get to that later, but again one more question, are you often laying in the bed when the paranormal happens?

When you are not home and your family hears audible disturbances and visual anomalies, do they hear things being moved in your room? Have they ever come down to check only to find nothing out of place or ordinary?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
What I meant by checking out or feeling objects in your room next time, is that you may find a marked difference in the temperature of objects such as the mirror. Just because you discover the temperature changes at the time when the entities are present does not mean that the object itself is the origin of entry and departure. We will get to that later, but again one more question, are you often laying in the bed when the paranormal happens?

When you are not home and your family hears audible disturbances and visual anomalies, do they hear things being moved in your room? Have they ever come down to check only to find nothing out of place or ordinary?

One time in my room a poster that was quite heavy as it was in a hard plastic casing flew off of my wall while I was not at home.
Nothing about young children regarding your previous post btw.
I must say tonight has been one of the most frightening in my history of living here for the past six or so years.

At about 9:45 - 9:55 PM, my Dad woke up because he heard the TV upstairs sound turn on, not the TV just the sound, because it is hooked up to a surround sound. He turned it off of course, and asked us who turned it on, neither myself or my brother did... Why would we?

Now, at about 10:25 - 10:30 PM, my brother and myself are both downstairs on my bed, he was playing a game on his iPod, and I was playing mafia.org, when we heard a noise upstairs, right above us where my Dad's room is. First it was like a very small bang noise or a footstep hitting the floor, and then my dad shouting. We hurried up the stairs and I didn't open his door, but I did talk to him, he said it was a bad dream and then we opened the door and he wouldn't tell us what it was about.
We will most likely find out tomorrow, I'm sure he is just uncomfortable talking about it.

My brother was also discussing that tonight he wants to astral project as he tries often and he thought tonight would be the night,I don't know anything about that stuff, so I can't continue on saying anything about it...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I would tell my brother not to mess with astral projection right now, not when he should be staying grounded in his body to protect it from astral entities which may be seeking a body. He can however strengthen his inner awareness by meditating and rather than going out, go as deeply inside as he can.

It is actually much more rewarding as the entire Universe and beyond can be found by looking inside. This is done on the breath, and for some visualization.

Really relaxation techniques touch on this but stop at the body.

Whatever he chooses, be sure and surround himself in a higher protective light. If he has a Master he trusts with his soul, some call on Jesus or Buddha, it matters little but it does help one to go deeply into a higher state in the beginning, when they can feel a protective higher light energy there to guide and protect them.

I am going to go to bed and listen to George Knapp on c2c right now and will look forward to talking more with you on this fascinating subject. I honestly had a feeling about your troubles tonight and I sense your Dad as a good person who is perplexed by this unknown phenomena.

Be well and talk tomorrow yes?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The one thing I will say here is that I would not recommend yelling, cursing or being mad at the 'entity'. In my experience, negative energy will only make them more present, and possibly will make them aggressive.

When you experience these things, try to be calm. Take a deep breath. Think positive thoughts, and if you want to say anything try to be empathetic.

Just a couple thoughts from someone who has had experiences similar to this...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by aletheia

I couldn't agree more, if you don't like writing try a hand held voice recorder you can get them on the cheap!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Update on why my dad woke up shouting last night... He told me this today, roughly twenty minutes ago when he was home on his lunch break.
He can't remember his dream, but he woke up and saw a person in front of him, but it wasn't just standing watching him, the person's face was right in his, like bent over looking into his face.
My Dad can't remember his dream like I said, but he claims that it was only there because he was just waking up from dreaming and it must have been in his dream... Again, trying to either convince us as his kids, or himself that the house is not haunted, which is 100 percent understandable.. Doing what he finds best for his family..
Any thoughts on this?
Apparently the face was almost pitch white, those are the only details I have at this point.

Update on events that happened today:

Roughly 11:30AM - 11:40AM - Hear footsteps upstairs, dogs bark. I go up and find my brother's bedroom door is open.

12:10PM - 12:15PM - Dogs are barking a lot, I go upstairs and find them in dad's room, they run out and begin acting as if they are frightened or in a panic, (biting, whining, etc) I calmed them down and plan on going up there to record EVP.

edit on 17-1-2011 by GraveDigger because: cleaned up spelling mistakes

edit on 17-1-2011 by GraveDigger because: Event updates

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Did you ever get around to doing the EVP? If so i am very interested to know what the results were...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staysay29

Did you ever get around to doing the EVP? If so i am very interested to know what the results were...

Got absolutely nothing out of it, will be trying again eventually. Perhaps tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Doesnt sound too fun bud, but from your details the entity doesnt sound malicious. Signs of a dangerous would be (and can alter): Unexplained random family illness, smell of sulfer/ brimstone (rotten eggs), also putrid smell of rotten flesh, unexplained growling, mysterious cuts and scratches on pets and or family members, objects bieng thrown around, invisible pushing, hair pulling, hitting, etc. pretty much anything harmful. What I would suggest is look into the history of your home, from what I can assume an elderly lady could've died in your home or lived there, possibly enjoyed baking pies, liked cherries etc. The scent of cherries is generally sweet and pleasant so it may be the entities way of saying it means no harm, your dogs may be scared because something unfamiliar is in their territory, or maybe they see something that makes them uneasy. Alas, if the spirit/ entity is bothersome there are ways to purge it from your home, best would prolly be contacting a local priest or exorcist. Do not resort to the use of dousing rods or ouija boards, i've heard of cases in which an unseen "portal" has been open and left families vunerable to attack from malicious entities, or even demonic possesion. Hope this helps, cheers

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just a thought, but maybe there are multiple entities and one of your past pets is there to help/protect you?

Have you tried cleansing your home? sorry if that's been a redundant question.

I'm by no means an expert/investigator/medium but I have had mild success cleansing my apartment with incense.
I have used sage and found that it actually increased activity in my home (YMMV).
What *may* have worked for me was burning lavender while walking around my apartment and asking all that is negative to kindly get the F out. I say "may" and "mild" because some are stubborn and good at "laying low".

Whatever it is, it doesn't really sound all too friendly from your updates.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Have never tried cleansing, no.... Maybe not a terrible idea.

A slight update although nothing spectacular...

Two nights ago, I was lying down in bed watching a TV show when I turned my head and adjusted my pillows to get comfortable, I looked and saw on my stairs a white figure standing there.
Didn't frighten me at all, I just ignored it and kept watching TV.

Last night, I was sitting where I am now and on the wall right in front of me I saw a shadow go from left to right, that somehow scared me more than seeing the figure with my own eyes, I think because it happened right behind me and I couldn't see it, but nothing else happened.

No harm has been done really to any of us, just annoyed.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Go to a realator's tomorrow and list house to sell. Move away. Shed all that negative energy. Tell no one why you are selling the house. That could hurt you fiancially. Moving is the best idea.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Go to a realator's tomorrow and list house to sell. Move away. Shed all that negative energy. Tell no one why you are selling the house. That could hurt you fiancially. Moving is the best idea.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In some cases, if it is a negative entity, it will follow whoever it was haunting.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Take charge and control of your home. You have the power to tell whatever is in your home to leave. There are tons of methods on the internet that are different tools that all work in the same way to enforce your intention to tell the spirit to leave. All in all, its a good idea to tell the spirit your boudaries. If you want to help it, tell them to go towards the light, pray a prayer and ask the Archangel Michael to help the spriit to transitition to the other side. I highly, HIGHLY. highly highly do not recommend doing an EVP. EVP will send out a beacon LIKE A LIGHT HOUSE to the spirit realm attracting MORE ghosts to your house causing more problems for you. But, in the end you will do what you will do. Best of luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join