It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs panicking, scent of some odor...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's been a normal day all day, as some of you may remember my house has been feeling a bit 'off' lately, all household members have been experiencing different things.
My younger brother sees shadows from time to time, black and white ones.
My dad saw a red mist in his doorway in the middle of the night.
I've heard voices from the laundry/furnace room in the basement (as I live down there), hear footsteps above the basement ceiling at night, etc.

Well, today was fine like I said... Until about thirty minutes ago.
My dogs have been acting up all day, wanting to go outside, wanting in, wanting out, wanting in. Constant whining from them both.
So at first I was just annoyed with this, and then I about thirty minutes ago they both began howling and barking like crazy, for about two minutes and I was in the middle of a conversation over MSN with a friend, I didn't get up to go see what was going on until about those two minutes.
I went up the stairs and saw both of my dogs barking and howling at the same spot, but I could see nothing.
Now, I am 100 percent convinced that my house is haunted after these things have been going on, once I yelled at my dogs to stop making noise, they both started jumping up at me, it took me a bit to calm them down and then I realized I had no reason to be mad at the dogs, they were scared. Explaining the whining, wanting to go outside, and the main event of loud noise and barking.
I began yelling at what I think is to be a ghost or some other sort of paranormal entity, nothing extreme, but simply "Leave my #ing dogs alone". I don't really care if a ghost bothers me, but my dogs is different because they have no idea what the hell it is as far as I know. I'm sick of it.

I went to the back door with them to let them outside, and I bent down to put on my shoes as I intended on going with them, and as I did that I got extremely light headed, but also felt as if my head gained 500 pounds itself, I nearly fell down the stairs because of that, instead I just closed my eyes and stood up.

I am downstairs now, let the dogs out on their own... And all I can smell is this 'sweet' smell, something like some sort of fruit, maybe a cherry or something? I don't know what it may be, but I am tying it together with what happened not long ago at all...

Any advice? Should I continue getting angry with whatever this is? I want it to know that I am in full control, it is dead, I am not. It is mine and my family's house, and I am willing to share it with them, so long as they leave us alone in the sense of #ing with my pets, scaring my sibling, and making noises when I'm trying to sleep.
What should I do?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GraveDigger

Sorry to hear about your problems buddy, it does indeed sound like a haunting ...I have spoke to my friends who run a ghost hunting club, one of my friends (Rob) is a medium , who has been doing this a long time now, advised me to let you know to be forceful but not angry as spirits/entities feed on anger and negative emotions especially if they are negative entities and would get stronger from your negative emotions.
Make it quite clear that it is YOUR house and you will not be scared off in any way shape or form then ignore any little tantrums it may throw towards you or your family and friends, as long as you ignore these it should weaken (with not having any energy to feed off) and leave you alone to get on with your lives.
It also probably wouldnt hurt to get your house blessed as an extra precaution buddy.
hope this helps a little buddy.
regads kayak.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just say "Look, you're dead. I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do for you. You died and nobody around here will see you most of the time. You can stick around if you're feeling lonely, but we're trying to live our lives in peace. I'm sure the position you're in is not permanent, so just be patient until something else happens."

Maybe that will help.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Start taking pictures around the house!
See if you can catch anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If at all possible, please take your dogs & get out of the house for a while. Maybe as far away as possible but within reason? And let someone within range to help know (at least kinda) what's going on & where you'll be, just in case. The smell you describe rings a bell with me as something potentially dangerous, but I can't place it. (AFAIK hauntings are usually associated with perfume.) Coupled with your lightheadedness, it freaks me out.
Sending you good thoughts!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sweet smell? light headed? sounds like nitrous oxide.........not saying thats what it is, in fact i'm not even sure how that would be in your home unless you had a cannister of it.

Not dismissing your haunting theory, just putting forward a suggestion.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Youre assuming this is a dead 'person',

It could be anything in my opinion, perhaps just the faint expression of an entity several dimensions away.

Dogs are like people - they dont like anything they cannot understand, Its when they start peeing on the spot that you would have to worry, thats when a dog feels it is in danger - barking isnt a big deal.

Also, do you live near an ambulance station? Quite often, even though we cannot hear it, dogs go insane at the sound of a siren that is miles away causing them stress.

You don't need to do anything to this being until it shows up and has business with you, chances are most of the phenomena are being self created by you now that you're aware something is in your home.

For instance, yes...the foot steps could be a sign of its impact. But that doesnt mean everything else is also attributed to an entity.

Stay calm, focused and know that beings without a physical body have very limited means of interaction with you unless you bridge the gaps with fear, anger and panic. I use circle magic when I feel encroached, even spinning around slowly with a palm extended with the single thought "Stay away" has a powerful effect on the energy body, especially if you're confident in the visualization. The gesture is merely to fuel your subconscious that something has happened, strengthening the "Magic" even more.

You're the powerhouse in the situation, not the boogieman.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am sorry you are going through this. Let me offer some (probably stupid) advice since this is probably not the cause.

Please get a carbon monoxide detector. If you already have one, test it and make sure thae batteries are new. The dizziness and faintness are symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning!

I have heard of hauntings/visits that do involve scents such as perfumes, food, etc. This could be masking the carbon monoxide. You could possibly have 2 different things going on.

Please check then work on the rest. I felt like I needed to say this to be on the safe side.

I hope things improve shortly for you.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GraveDigger[/
i was reading some were here about phosgen gas and it being a reason of dead animals.also the sweet smell.if any breathing problems run to the hospital, just a word of precaution.be safe.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
As was already mentioned, the best advice is to document the events you are able to. A log of events, and having witnesses to refer to, will help in the unlikely event that anything serious occurs. Other than that there is not much else to really do. If you're religious at all I'd maybe tell your religious leader and see what he/she has to say. I'm pretty sure nothing "evil" is lurking in the shadows. You'll be fine.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I can definitely relate, as Ive had some interesting things happen recently involving my puppy and some sort of "thing, " I started a thread, asking if people's pets could sense the paranormal, Im beginning to see that its not too uncommon....

As far as the smell goes, like Ive said in my threads, Ive dealt with weird things waking me up around 3am for most my life.

A few years ago, I was woken up in the middle of the night to the smell of somethig burning. It smelled really strong, like plastic melting. I jumped out of bed, thinking I must have left something on, and being as I lived alone, I had to find the source before I burned the place down! I scoured the whole apartment, and found nothing. Whats more bizarre, the smell wasnt coming from outside, it wasnt even noticable anywhere except for my bedroom where the smell was the strongest. It lingered for a while, and once I finally assured myself nothing was going to start a fire, I went back to sleep, this time on the couch in the living room.

Sometimes weird stuff happens and there are simple reasons, sometimes you will never know and will scratch your head for the rest of your life I guess...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think I MAY be on to something here, but you never know for sure.. Just a theory.

Since all of this happened, and I shouted at whatever it is in my house, not a lot has happened. However, yesterday at around 4:30 PM here I was sitting in front of my computer when I saw a small shadow go across the wall, it was near the floor area as if something were walking, and it only lasted about two seconds or so, I couldn't really tell if it was a person, it didn't seem as if it was walking, if anything it was crawling.
The only thing I can think of, is it being an animal.

I've had five dogs since I've lived here, three of which are now deceased.
Since the shadow was so small, I can only think that it may be one of my dogs, one was a great dane (sp?), the shadow would have been much larger.
The other, a chihuahua, shadow would have been smaller.
I'm not sure what type of dog the other was, but it was about a middle size between the two. My theory is that it is that dog, Casper.

I mentioned the shadow to my dad right after it happened, by simply asking him if one of the dogs had been downstairs and just went upstairs (the 2 alive that is), he said no and that they have been upstairs the whole time.
Of course, he asked why I was asking and I told him I saw this shadow, and he too said maybe it was Casper.
I felt very bad after because we both assumed the same thing, and if I did get angry at the spirit of my old dog then if he does have any feelings as a spirit, I am sure I hurt them.

I went back downstairs and apologized, as if he could hear me. I basically just told him that he is my dog more than the ones I have now are, as I had that dog from the day I come home after birth, until I was about 10 or 11 years old in fifth grade. I can easily say that he was one of my best friends, and I told him that as well.
I also made sure he knew that he was always welcome here, and if he really wanted he could even sleep on my bed with me at night, like he would do on the couch sometimes when I slept in the living room on the hide-a-bed.

I'm really hoping that if there is anything in this house, it would be him.
The only thing that makes me not one hundred percent positive of this spirit being my old dog, is the red mist my dad saw in his doorway, which was in the air near the top of the doorway, that part doesn't make sense to me, but who knows what spirits of anything can do, perhaps it is him.
If it is, it would also maybe explain why I have never had any luck with EVP or capturing video footage of this spirit, a dog can't talk to me through EVP, and I'm sure capturing a video of a 'ghost dog' would be near impossible. Maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong... I'll never know for sure.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Everything you've described sounds as if there's a presence of a gas in the house. Except the hearing of "voices" and "footsteps" which may be due to temperature changes.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A slight update, not a lot of it is entirely related, but I am tired of making new threads, haha.

Okay, first thing that happened with this little update is an experience that I didn't encounter first hand, however my brother did.
He was watching a show on the television, and to the right of the couch on the wall is a closet, he said that in his peripheral vision he could see that the one closet door was almost entirely black, before he looked at the closet though, he noticed his dog looking at the closet, then at him, and she repeated doing that a few times.
He turned to the closet and when he looked, apparently the shadow disappeared within three seconds, as if it disintegrated. Not sure if that is 100% accurate on what he said, I will try and remember to get him to reply to this and clarify it when he is back from school.

Now for my experiences within the past 24 hours...

Last night, it was around 12:00 AM roughly, I came down to the basement which is my room (entire basement), and when I went to the edge of my bed where my computer is, on the ground I saw a shadow, very very small one. The only place the 'thing' producing that shadow could have been was under my bed (hide-a-bed).
I didn't bother looking, as most of this has become an every day thing now.

The next thing, was when I was laying in bed, I've had a few odd things happen when I am trying to sleep, such as hearing a voice as if it is right beside me, or in my head thinking my thoughts, but it's own voice, and it's own thoughts. I won't bother mentioning those in details unless requested as I am timed here.
So last night, I had my eyes closed and was just trying to fall asleep, it must have been around 2:15 AM by now.
I heard a noise of the door near my room opening, it's a loud door for some reason.
That's not all though, while it happened and I was nearly fallen asleep completely, with my eyes closed, I saw an arm inside the room, opening the door.
The only thing in that room is my drums, and a few boxes of music stuff.
I will note, that when I was in eighth grade and had my bedroom in that room, I went through very bad stages of depression throughout those months, it had been an issue when I was around ten years old, but went away.
When I moved into that room though, it got worse.
I had problems sleeping, and I cried just about every night. The thing is that there were no reasons for this to be happening as I had and still do accept all the 'negative' things in my life. I'm not sure if there is something about that room, but when I was younger (5-9) I was already very uncomfortable in it as well.
Who knows...

Now for my experiences today, which are not very much, one thing comes to mind.

I was in the kitchen upstairs preparing some waffles, I had just put them in the toaster when I turned to see the living room where my dogs both were, they were sitting in their house but the door was wide open on it, they chose to be in there.
The thing is, while I was turning my attention to them I saw a sort of gray colored mist, it was right near the wall that leads to the hallway, so within a few seconds it was out of my eyesight. My dogs were staring right at it the whole time I noticed.
I shrugged it off as I shrug everything like this off now, as I said it's every day things now... Just thought that I would share. Dogs are definitely noticing something, as are we.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GraveDigger
Okay, first thing that happened with this little update is an experience that I didn't encounter first hand, however my brother did.
He was watching a show on the television, and to the right of the couch on the wall is a closet, he said that in his peripheral vision he could see that the one closet door was almost entirely black, before he looked at the closet though, he noticed his dog looking at the closet, then at him, and she repeated doing that a few times.
He turned to the closet and when he looked, apparently the shadow disappeared within three seconds, as if it disintegrated. Not sure if that is 100% accurate on what he said, I will try and remember to get him to reply to this and clarify it when he is back from school.

Let me just correct this a bit. I was sitting in the living room watching a show and to my right (towards the hallway and a closet) in my peripheral vision I saw a big black formation I think it was a shadow person. I quickly turned because it scared the crap out of me, and when I saw it it faded into a mist then disappeared in a matter of 1 or 2 seconds.

EDIT: Also, I have awoken and seen shadow figures in my doorway. Also GraveDigger, there is a humanoid ghost as well, as I'm sure we've both somewhat seen..
edit on 14-1-2011 by typwar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

In the area where the dogs were barking, is there an old antique piece of furniture with a mirror? Is there a bed also near the area where someone sleeps and is it under a window?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

In the area where the dogs were barking, is there an old antique piece of furniture with a mirror? Is there a bed also near the area where someone sleeps and is it under a window?

There is not a lot that comes to mind.
I know one sort of drawer thing in the living room that we have a lamp on belonged to a relative who passed, a great grandparent or something like that... I can't think of anything else though.
So there is that piece of furniture, on the wall not far in the middle of the living room is a large mirror, yes.

May I ask what an antique piece of furniture and a mirror have to do with this? I only ask because I have a few things downstairs in my room that are right near a mirror on the ground that I see things out of sometimes... I have two blocks from a now destroyed mental institution where doctors tested '___' before they knew what it was... A few clothing articles which belonged to friends who have passed, etc...

I can't think of any beds under a window besides my own where there is a window right in front of it, as well as in the living room, but that is a dog's bed.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Do you ever hear all the dogs in the neighborhood bark and then a tapping on the window by the bed?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Do you ever hear all the dogs in the neighborhood bark and then a tapping on the window by the bed?

Nothing like that comes to mind, no.
The only thing that comes to mind about that window near their bed is that one night I saw foot prints by it.
The problem is, if something were to walk right there they would have to be very short, or walking while crouched.
I say that because the window is pushed out of the house kind of thing... I could capture a picture tomorrow when it isn't dark out to describe what I mean, but if you were where those footprints are you wouldn't be able to stand straight. Nobody could.
The prints couldn't be from a little kid either, they were bigger prints.
This was a few weeks ago, maybe a month by now... Snow covered them up, no photo is possible.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Accidentally double posted that... Not sure how that happened... If a moderator could please delete this post, I would appreciate that very much!
My bad.
edit on 15-1-2011 by GraveDigger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join