It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, Please Do not give anyone any information regarding erad3.,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Especially the media!!
I though long and hard regarding this and my first reaction was yeah, sure, supply any information we have. Clear the air, so to speak. However, when I signed up for ATS I was totally unaware that ATS Would "sell out" my information to any third party regardless of the circumstance. Yeah, this Guy was a murdering mentally ill sociopath. but still and all, What right does ATS have to expose this rejects inter most thoughts, Or in this case lack of !! The comments and or posts that this individual displayed IMO does paint a pretty grim picture as to the workings of a madman, However, how many times a day do I encounter "madmen" or people I dont agree with, or cant understand? How many times do I get into it with someone only to walk away with the impression that this individual is a nut? Countless!.ATS is here for everyone, And I think ATS should supply a safe confidential place where individuals should be comfortable discussing things and not be ridiculed for doing so. Weather it be a gummy bear God, a political monster who is the Antichrist, or a person who thinks that we cannot possibly communicate with a mars rover.
Bottom line is that
I personally think that ATS should keep any information regarding its members confidential regardless of what the situation is.Maybe hold out until the US government starts snooping around. Then make a deal. Say ATS provides all information regarding this member for Top Secret information regarding UFOs. Thats a fair trade! Just my opinion, Thanks OO-

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Anything you ever write/say on ATS belongs to ATS.

You agreed to this when you signed up.

You lose any rights over your own work when you post it on ATS.

Read the T&C

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Well we cant earn better publicity! there will be tons of new members flowing in

At least were better off than facebook, at least half of them are psyco's on there

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Well we cant earn better publicity! there will be tons of new members flowing in

At least were better off than facebook, at least half of them are psyco's on there

Exactly what I thought yesterday. Bad publicity is better than no publicity.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The guy's statements were made knowing it was a public board. I applaud ATS for making his posts available for anyone who wants to view them. I also applaud ATS for just doing it without fanfare or grandstanding. This is not the time to "promote" ATS because of this tragedy, even though everyone else appears to be trying to take advantage of it for their own purposes.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is a community - If you wish to be part of a community you take the risk of others knowing who you are.

If someone doesn't like it, they can sit alone in a dark room, scheming about what could be true.

No...You take the risk of exposure if you desire community. To be open, is to be vulnerable.

To be vulnerable, is to be powerful.

link   

ATS, Please Do not give anyone any information regarding erad3

This is SkepticOverlords post from another thread, I feel it should be seen in this thread also especially after reading the title above.

At no point did we ever provide any personal information specific to his account (IP, email, etc.) to anyone.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

link   
I responded to the concerns here.

Unique circumstances, the likes of which we hope never to happen again.

top topics

join