It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

abovetopsecret.com on The Washington Post | Article regarding Jared Loughner

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Sounds like Bill handled it perfectly and I have no doubt that his tact is the reason they painted ATS in such a good light. Kudos.

That, and I would suspect that Bill took the iniative to contact them about this instead of waiting for someone to contact him.

I would say that goes a long way in their perception of ATS.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"odd ideas" wahahahaha

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Read the article and I feel like it is a fair and accurate assessment of the site and the views held on in. I'vce had no opinion of the washington post until today and I feel like I'll be reading them a bit more in future if they can treat an admittedly strange website with respect like that. S&F for the op, thanks for posting this for us to read.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
actually I am pleasantly surprised
in the tone of the article.
Kudos for Bill and the Staff

This was very well done
IMO.

edit on 1/11/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

If you feel this is trivial , and you are tired of threads concerning this topic , why are you posting in one ?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Indeed, ATS was treated with a certain amount of levity in the provided articles. Then again, levity is always better than contempt.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticalBeliever Zombie aliens? Hardly a fair portrayal- there's always plenty of intelligent discussion going on here.

Lol, This was my initial thought as well, so I did a search.

Lo an behold How Do You Kill an Alien Zombie?

Doh!!

Edit: Not to say that the thread didn't have intelligent convo, but I *really* hoped a thread with that title didnt exsist.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It has to be said, well before the owners made their weigh in, Internet Media, especially bogs, including HuffPo, were linking erad3 and his bizzare posts, to Jared Loughner.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan

Hmm... why did mordant1 get banned?

Who knows, but it was way back in early August. The banning was definitely not connected to this event.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

What I see in all this is that the ATS is being used as a "useful innocent". How to know what plans a person? If ats is guilty, then the internet is too. Or rather, it's even more guilty, you know? Media will use this to accomplish one more step to their agenda. We will soon say goodbye to the Internet.

Just watch the documentary below.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

I think that the recent discussion about civility has been one of the reasons that the media has been nicer to us. Either way, I also think Bill did a really good job with the media. They don't have to agree with all our opinions, but, I don't think they should be all calling us crazy like that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join