It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

heh heh

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
Why build that large clock, why build that seed vault. It's because they know that a cataclysm of some type man made or nature or both will effect the whole world.

Yeah that kind of made me start thinking along the same lines a few years back when i first read of those.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/971f640ba687.jpg[/atsimg]

Nothing around for 400 miles any direction save the odd Desert Tortoise...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well you DO know that the PTB agrees with you on the Hu-man infestation of this pretty blue planet and their goal is to EXTERMINATE 80%ish

That would give nature a chance to clean up

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Excellent post, Slayer69. Moving, informative, and inspirational. S&F. I completely agree with you, especially on the subject of Nikola Tesla. Many of the problems we face could be solved by adopting some of his ideas.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Jester0 because: add

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
S&F nice post, you obviously put a lot of thought and effort into it.
Earth has a way of cleansing herself and ridding itself of plagues. You can be sure of that.
And humans have a way of survival, we've made it this far already.

Whitley Strieber has an book out called "The Truth About Global Warming"
[(I can email to anyone that wants it)
I can't find it on youtube, but you can try searching for it. I actually downloaded it some time ago from someones computer.]
It's really a great to listen. And coincides with everything the OP stated on his thread.

www.examiner.com...

Hurricane Katrina is nothing compared to what's brewing out there. There will be larger disasters in the near future, it's already too late to stop that, but we can prevent further disasters for the following generations, by cleaning up our act now.
You have to consider..there are also a lot of activities going on with the Sun that we can't do anything about.Increased solar activity and such, with a depleting atmosphere, can't be good for anyone.
I think we're bottle necked at this point. and need to prepare for the inevitable

"Humans effect the planet, like a medium sized volcano that never stops erupting". whitley strieber
That's how much pollution we put in the air.

I've also seen other conspiracy threads about that statement "500,000,000" engravement.
Whatever it means..it sounds interesting for further study, but doesn't sound good.

I've spoke to several educated people, such as doctors, and professors, and read books from abductees who have claimed to speak with "aliens" during abductions. A consensus is Human beings will not be accepted into the extraterrestrial community at this point in time, because we destroy each other, we pollute, were violent, self seeking, and destructive. I have a feeling they're observing us, and leaving it up to us, what we do.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wonderfully written; honest and passionate. Albeit I agree with you on the majority of what you said, the seed vault and that clock are good ideas regardless of whom is making them happen.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm reading Desert Solitaire at the moment, one of my favorite books and has always had a profound impact on me. The first time I read it, I was on a solo backpacking trip in the UT desert. Moving story... much like your thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by randyvs

The Indians name I believe was Iron Eyes Cody.

Yes, I met him when I was like 7 or 8 at a Native American arts and craft show many MANY moons ago.

He wasn't Indian/Native American at all he was Italian, 100% his parents were from Sicily.

But the Native Americans did honor him for his portrayal in that commercial.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
That is reminds me of an interesting question: are we or are we not part of Mother Nature and her great plan?

We were... but we 'opted out' Seems the PTB and scientists thought they could do it better

And we should shut down NASA, because they are determined to pollute anything they can hit in the solar system and they call it 'science'

Looka at all the stuff they have splattered all over the moon... deliberately dropping the lunar orbiters and smashing them into the Moon. Remember the recent 'Bomb the Moon mission? They find water.. rare enough on the Moon, only to drop and splatter a space craft into it to stir it up... nice contaminate the only water on the moon... great thinkers

There is so much debris scattered on the Moon and Mars now it would pay to start a space salvage company. Think of all the gold and platinum and even plutonium just scattered around the solar system

They plowed Galeleo laden with Plutonium into Jupiter, Cassini carries 72 pounds of Plutonium and who know where they will slam that one into?

Temple One comet... they hit that with an impactor and got a huge unexpected secondary explosion...

The list goes on NASA Cosmic Litterbugs

:shk:

I mean just look at Mars... Junque everywhere

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yes I remember that commercial. when i first saw the crying indian it made me sad don't know why. There was also one where Benjamin Franklin and others were struck by lightning and it showed their skeletons that one actually scared me. As for causing our own extinction nah but it would be great if we could stop polluting our environment atleast a little bit.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Apparently "the change" to humans is happening !

Decades of pollution has caused certain strands of DNA to mutate producing a terrifying form of life which is revered by many.......

Evidence [url=http://youtubeloader.com/youtube/THfGUerw1Gg/Related_Video.html]> here

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Apparently "the change" to humans is happening !

Decades of pollution has caused certain strands of DNA to mutate producing a terrifying form of life which is revered by many.......

Evidence [url=http://youtubeloader.com/youtube/THfGUerw1Gg/Related_Video.html]> here

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Slay... you are becoming so eloquent. This is a powerful thread and so well presented.

I do indeed remember that commercial vividly... I was a young lad then at that impressionable age and that whole series had great influence on me and many others... as it had been encoded into so many of us that the native people "we" screwed so badly had real insight and real understanding... and we oafs were hell bent on tearing down everything beautiful and good.

And damned if that didn't come to pass eh? Your powerful visuals of the filth that we live in, swim in, breath in... incredible... the deforestation especially dangerous... so incredibly stupid, cutting off Earth's oxygen like that. And for what? Stupid.

It seems there can be nothing to stop it except devastation, which, sadly will come. I so fear leaving our children a world no better than a Mad Max movie... it seems so few of us care... just the same as it was when that commercial aired... so damn few of us.

And indeed what of these projects of the elite... the seed vaults... is that for us, really? Or just for them? It is indeed rather confusing, especially as they've not done a single solitary thing to convince us of any good intent. Nay, they just pat each other's backs and exempt themselves of the consequences of their actions... their devastating actions.

We're of the same mind here, John, let us attempt in our own ways... recycling, walking, prudence... to assure that something of man survives... and that there will be someone around to read our thoughts 200 years down the road and indeed see that clock's proverbial bell go off.

Peace,

Pixel

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Z, I know who is in the first picture : ) , but who are those guys in the second one?

Slay, thanks for clearing up about the "dramatization". I feel kind of

Also, I hang out in short stories a good bit, and I don't think I've ever seen one get so many flags.

I guess this is a short story?

Masqua!!!! lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I hate to be a killjoy here but what did we actually learn from that commercial?

Most of the people that remember it see the trash that is thrown on the road, and the Indian cries, ok so.....now we just take the garbage to a dump and hide it.

The current process that we use to build homes is a travesty from the start, we basically rape the land of wood, then pollute in the processing of the wood/lumber mills. Lime pits for the concrete pollute, The polymers that we use in many areas for sealing the house are toxic to the highest degree. The carpeting contains VOC's. The paint for our house is toxic to produce, the tar for the shingles on our roofs, the countless caustic products we use to clean our homes and wash our clothes, the make-up, nail polish, hair care products, containers, etc......shall I go on.

We have learned nothing and have actually gotten worse and on a more global scale, we can not do without the comforts our our plastic idealistic world.

Yes we will poison ourselves slowly, but fear not once we have made ourselves extinct Mother Earth will be her normal self again in a few thousand years, like we were never here.

We create our own chaos, not TPTB because if we really wanted change we would all chose to live a very simple life and want for almost nothing, but our Ego's will not let us live this way.

Ask yourself this, would you give up every current comfort to stop the pollution?
edit on 11-1-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yea bro,

I TOTALLY remember this commercial~!! but, at the time, if i remember right, there didn't 'seem' to be as much pollution..but, I do know this....if we are not at a place in our earth where it will shut down, we are FAST approaching it........when I was in the 4th grade, (40+ years ago) my teacher told us to take 20 mins and ask a question about the our earth's environment on paper..

As I sat there, I didn't write anything until 5 mins before we had to turn in our paper and then she would read them all out loud....my question kinda just 'popped' in my head........

"what will happen if all our natural resources are gone or used up?

We seriously need to start thinking like we belong here ..........not just renting the space~!!! Begin with the end-in-mind FIRST and work backwards.. living in the foothills of the cascades when I was growing up, I started to see the logging start to strip entire hills of forest and the logs became littler and littler, not the old growth stuff.

Something i was thinking about today was, why isn't there any law & regulations to balance the amount of wood being produced vs. the amount of housing that needs to be built based upon the population growth??!! It wouldn't be that hard and STOP logging till each balance BOTH OUT. Dunno if that makes any sense, but to me it does.

I hope that the gov. of the world will start acting like care and do something about this problem.. but, my thinking is... it's to far out of control already ..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not sure where to make my first introduction but this thread seems as good a place as any as this subject is very dear to me. First I must state that my utmost respect goes out to the veterans of ATS as there are a few of you whose commentary has made me take a step back in my days of trolling here and made me think long and hard about where I stand on issues of great importance to me, my children, and my fellow earthlings. I don't want to ramble on too much but thank you for giving me the opportunity to voice my opinion for what it's worth and with your help find that path that leads to meaningful change that we all, at least in this community, so desperately want and need not just for us, but for our children. I certainly remember this PSA when I was in high school in the 80's, and I must say at the time it really didn't mean that much to me growing up in the great north woods of northern N.H., where pollution and littering of the community was not something that was commonplace. Ignorance... definitely, complacency... not so much. As the OP has stated we can't blame anyone but ourselves and doesn't it seem that one of the first lessons that our parents taught us as kids is to pick up after ourselves, what happened there? We as a species need to really take a look at what we are leaving for a legacy for generations to come and decide what it is that we need to be doing to further our species because isn't that what it's really all about, getting to the next chapter in our evolution and being able to take fi out of Drake's Equation when factoring in our own sustainability. I have no steadfast answers, but it seems to me whatever it takes is a start.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I remember the "crying indian". It always pissed me off even as a small child.

The pix of the "asian cess pools" are something that I tell people about.

We want cheap goods, nevermind the jobs lost over here. People dont think of the conditions where they're being made. No environmental concerns with factories pumping crap out.

Hell, we have coal tech that can make the stuff nearly as clean as gas!

The idiots in DC are doing this E85 garbage claiming to be "green". yeah. Why not use that corn to feed folks?

Green is stupid...scratch that. HYPOCRYTICAL. The sleeping public loves the cute new light bulbs but doesnt think "Hmm. Wonder how theyre made? What impact the factories have?"

"Oh well. It's green so its good". Not so much.

Tesla was going to give us clean, free power. The power brokers (no pun intended) decided "free" didnt make them money so they ruined him.

There are a few bright spots though. Bloom Boxes for example.

www.deccanchronicle.com...

An India-born rocket scientist has lifted the veil off Bloom Box fuel-cell, a revolutionary new technology that holds the promise to supply the world with abundant clean, cheap energy.

"The core of our technology is simply sand," said K.R. Sridhar, 49, founder of the Silicon Valley clean tech start-up Bloom Energy at Wednesday's unveiling of his invention in San Jose, California on the campus of eBay, one of Bloom's first customers.

The sand is the raw material used to make wafers that can make electricity. Sridhar has persuaded some big names that by making them out of sand he can make fuel cells that are efficient and inexpensive.

Whereas other fuel cells contain polymers and platinum that make them prohibitively expensive, Sridhar said Bloom's consist of specially coated ceramic squares made from a common sand-like substance.

Bloom's fuel cell works like this: Oxygen is pumped in on one side and natural gas on the other. The two combine inside the cell to create a chemical reaction that produces electricity. No burning, no combustion, no power lines from outside, as CBS puts it.

"The proof of the pudding is the reaction from the business people," said former US Secretary of State Colin Powell, who joined Bloom's board last year, said at Wednesday's event that also included an appearance by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"Will it work for 10 or 20 years without something going wrong? We'll find out," he added.

Bloom Energy says the best proof that its fuel cells work is in the ones already working like those at eBay's headquarters.

A half-dozen big companies have already bought Bloom Boxes at a cost of $700,000 to $800,000. But Sridhar's goal is a $3,000 box that anybody can use to power their home though he says home use is 10 years away.

"Don't start signing up for orders yet," said Sridhar. "This is a product of the future."

"We believe that we can have the same kind of impact on energy that the mobile phone had on communications. Just as cell phones circumvented landlines to proliferate telephony, Bloom Energy will enable the adoption of distributed power as a smarter, localised energy source," Sridhar said.

It will allow customers, he said, to "lower their energy costs, reduce their carbon footprint, improve their energy security".

"What people need to understand is we are not building a company, we are building an industry," said Sridhar.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

This makes me feel so sad after reading , but it is very true, we are pretty much wiping ourselves off this world. Really wish there is a button we can press to blast of the content to every email in this world to let everyone know that changes can still be made.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join