It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wow...powerful ad, especially when the french fries land on the mans feet. I was like Buhhhh!! Awful!

I cant imagine anyone doing those things, but its happening, slowly but surely, even yesturday I was driving my truck and watched as a bag flew out of the cab onto the highway. Where does it end up? Slowly but surely, in the ocean, I cant pull over, its gone.

Smart practice isnt good enough with plastic, we need to reduce its use or only allow for plastics that completely break down.

But then even the fish will eat them and they get into birds.

Its a lose lose situation, so long as we even produce these products.

Metal and glass is the future, we HAVE to get rid of plastic for use by the general public.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Slayer you're spot on !! I believe that the elite do know something they are not speaking about. Everyone has a sixth sense and a foreboding about the coming days. We are just pawns in their masterful game !! GREAT post slayer !!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nice job! I'm wordless. ( But there are ALWAYS ways to circumvent the rules.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efb2e2ceddf8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A very well done thread Slayer
Although I must urge caution about some of our newer energy solutions. We must be careful that we don't make a change of a equal problem. It seems that the underlining problem is above all greed. Followed close by those who will embrace any change just for the sake of change. As much as people hate to admit it we do have a method of population control, its called war. Although now we affect the world as much as ourselves with it. Modern society reminds me of old myths about human hubris towards the gods. In our arrogance we seek to place ourselves at the pinnacle of creation. All it will take is our creator[s] to remind us of our true place in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well, it's great that religions, our gut feelings and science can all agree, we're on the verge of something big.

The only thing missing now are solutions. How do we get rid of our oil dependence, how do we feed everyone, how do we feed everyone in a sustainable manner that doesn't destroy more ecosystems, how do we deal with the current mass extinction, what do we do about overpopulation. I won't even mention the climate thing, although some of the smartest and best informed people I met agree it is our biggest problem, or rather it will be the biggest problem we'll have to face in the near future.

link   

I remember the commercial, and I feel it and I see it,

For more then several years now things have seemed strange,

link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Wow...powerful ad, especially when the french fries land on the mans feet. I was like Buhhhh!! Awful!

I cant imagine anyone doing those things, but its happening, slowly but surely, even yesturday I was driving my truck and watched as a bag flew out of the cab onto the highway. Where does it end up? Slowly but surely, in the ocean, I cant pull over, its gone.

Smart practice isnt good enough with plastic, we need to reduce its use or only allow for plastics that completely break down.

But then even the fish will eat them and they get into birds.

Its a lose lose situation, so long as we even produce these products.

Metal and glass is the future, we HAVE to get rid of plastic for use by the general public.

Couldn't agree more !! tptb forced plastics on us as a more economical way to package things. When sodas came in returnable bottles they were used many many times. But the cost of cleaning them became less cost effective when plastic bottles came to the fore front. We need to return to reusable glass products,they are better for the earth and kids can cash them in for the deposit.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08538df220bc.jpg[/atsimg]
The Clock of the Long Now
* It must not be made of anything anyone would want to take.
* It must be clear how it works without taking it apart – so that no one will want to (or have to) take it apart.
* It must be powered by natural forces.
* It must be built so that even if during a dark age people forget how to build clocks, they can understand this one and how to keep it going.
* It must keep time for 10,000 year without being off by more than a second.

I wonder if in 10,000 years, beings will find this clock, see the 10,000 year ending and think to themselves;

"Oh my god, It stops in the year 12,012 - Is the world going to end!? What did these people know that we dont!?"

Hopefully someone writes at the bottom "Dont worry, the world doesnt end in 12,012. Chill."

edit on 11-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Our planet will cleanse herself again one day...of all her vermin. Maybe with help...maybe not. Unfortunately, those who always cared and saw and did not treat her with disrespect will more than likely be swept up right along with those who didn't. This depresses me to no end. I always cried with the man in that commercial...still do. Ugh...it sucks feeling so helpless.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nice thread Slayer.

We've done some pretty shameful things to this pale blue dot and it'd be nice if the human race decided to be nice to the Earth for a change but I don't see it happening anytime soon. I've often wished for a Day the Earth Stood Still scenario, not necessarily with aliens but just a day when we all stop what we're doing and discuss the future of humanity, where we've been and where we're going on a species level.

I definitely think we can do better than we've done thus far both in how we treat the Earth and how we treat each other.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Brilliant thread, Slayer69. Always a pleasure to read your incite on the important issues of the day. However, your take on this particular subject could quite possibly be the major issue of our age. Every topic you have touched on seems to be assault on humanity, one that encompasses numerous fronts, and all happening simultaneously.

From environmental degradation through out the four corners of the world, massive die-offs in birds, bats, bees, frogs, ect, abnormal weather conditions in practically every locale, indefinite warfare, potential for cataclysmic worldwide economic insolvency, elites building lavish bunkers, and the list goes on and on. I am no doomsayer and I would love to see things in a better light, but it seems things are coming to a head now?

The dominoes are falling in quick succession. This is definitely a historically time before us, and who know where it is going to go? Are we experiencing in the warning shots of a potential extinction level event? Like others on here and elsewhere, I am reading the tea leaves and something wicked this way comes. We can recycle, make our homes energy efficient, cut down on excess, try to eat healthy, treat each other with kindness and compassion, and on and on. However, it will be of little use, but to only potentially bring comfort and well being in our personal lives. I don't see any positive change globally. There is a big crap sandwich in store for us, and everyone is going to have to take a bite. It seems things are coming to a head, and where we go from there will be upon us. All we can do is try to batten down the hatches and weather the storm. Star and Flag!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm going to post this video.

A little bird sent it to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
There is a big crap sandwich in store for us, and everyone is going to have to take a bite. It seems things are coming to a head, and where we go from there will be upon us. All we can do is try to batten down the hatches and weather the storm. Star and Flag!

Do what we can.
Teach as we go.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I LOVE THAT

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Jakes51
There is a big crap sandwich in store for us, and everyone is going to have to take a bite. It seems things are coming to a head, and where we go from there will be upon us. All we can do is try to batten down the hatches and weather the storm. Star and Flag!

Do what we can.
Teach as we go.

That is all we can do. Hopefully, some get the memo before it is too late. One way or another the wheels are going to fall off. It has happened in the past to our ancestors, and they survived. We can either band together as they did, or perish by slowly cannibalizing ourselves in the hysteria that is bound to come.

They faced the Ice Age, the Toba event, the Dark Ages, World Wars, and other serious affronts to global comfort. We have proven to be a resourceful species, and once again we will have to rely on that. Hopefully, we as a species have not forgot that core element? We just need to put our noggins together on this one and look out for each other. What you said in those two short sentences is exactly all that can be done at this point.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This is the weirdest short story contest ever lol..

Having said that what an amazing thread mate.. hope you win.

So much to say so little time..

Is there any point in entering this contest ? lol

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

An online friend and I had long conversation and posted many years ago about these earth changes, things we investigated and posted are happening,

We humans have been lucky for quite some time now, we have conquered the earth, and built great civilizations,
en.wikipedia.org...

It is hard to take, but things change and it cannot be stopped, we can only imagine the future, If life survives a million more years on this planet, we wouldn't recognize it, but I sure would love to see it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Well it was billed as [WRAP] Which stands for What Really Amps People?
I think our trashing the planet in search of profits is something that Amps People.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

That's it for you Slayer. From this point on, I'm going to think of you as that crazy man with cool ass avatar .

Crazy like a fox.

Oh and FnS
edit on 11-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hopefully the dead are not powerless. Dead, did I say? There is no death, only a change of worlds.
Chief Seattle

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join