It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
..now they want to accelerate the deaths of people in that bad of shape because they can no longer contribute to society. that's wrong. she contributed alot to society by teaching my children reality.

How true.
There is no price on wisdom.
edit on 12-1-2011 by digitalf because: revision for context.

link   
reply to post by 11I11

who said we aren't? that's what bugs me about these kinds of topics. lots of people have changed in varying degrees and according to their ability. for example, if i could buy a solar powered generator and a nice set of solar panels, i'd so right NOW. part of how this type of thing gets bad is due to accessibility (typically as a result of lack of money to purchase the needed items).

i mean, i just got another call asking for charitble contributions for a company that hires handicapped people. i can either help mr. smith and his family by buying garbage bags from him, or put a downpayment on solar power generator. i can either pay my electric bill or put a downpayment on a solar power generator. i can either buy food or put a downpayment on a solar power generator. this is why i said earlier, that we need an easy to use, cheap or free, non mechanical, clean form of energy, for people who are not well off financially or struggling finanacially.
edit on 12-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think this sums up what a lot of us have felt for awhile now. I won't claim to know what the answer is in regards to spirituality and religion but I can say that it is extremely sad that a majority of humans have decided to worship money over everything else. I believe that when one looks past the divisions that have been created by those who seek power (religion,nationalism/patriotism,race and culture) it is clear that we are all one in the same and I personally try to live my life in a way that I consider every living thing on this planet my brother,sister,mother or father. Again, I'm not sure that any of us can claim to have a solution but it is obvious that what is happening in the world today on a large scale is NOT the solution. Thanks OP for taking the time to put this together and say what many of us are thinking. I wish nothing but good on you and all other life on this planet and beyond.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Awesome post! Too true for words.

S+F!

Wish everybody would just stop and think for a minute, its not like life on Earth will be nullified forever, its that our lives will, it's not save the planet it's save ourselves!
...nothing to see here, NORMALCY BIAS still in effect and working perfectly like it has been for the last 50 years, people have been trying to point out this fact for decades. I can just see right towards the end...is it a bird?a plane? no, its Captain Hindsight! He's come to tell you how badly FUBAR this all is but too bad it's too late, no one is doing enough.

I know people who are tryna educate and make a difference, even went too Copenhagen and took part in the whole conference a while back, involved in tryna change this and that, same stuff that people were tryna change years ago. Still doesn't make a difference, the whole thing is in a dark bureaucratic hole with no sign of changing any time soon.

You can protest and rant and even try drastic measures, but in the end this fact remains: We did this, I mean, maybe not each person is as responsible as the next and obviously our predecessors who started us on this doomed path are to blame, but the thought patterns remain. And it's the thought patterns that lead to the actions that build our world around us.

is there still hope?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf

Originally posted by VI0811
I agree, but I also believe its not to late. We have the technology to save ourselves, we have the ability to work with an ever changing planet instead of against it. I for one, do not understand why or how we went wrong, or why we continue down the path of self destruction.

I'd suggest one word - greed.

If ever I catch myself being greedy, and today's society does encourage it, I take a step back and think, I do my bit to recycle, I do voluntary work and I’m conscious of my carbon footprint – I work on saving energy and improving efficiencies in my day job and my home life. I’m not perfect and there is no training manual. Until everyone on the planet changes the way they think about the planet we’re going to continue down the slippery slope. On the one hand we may think technology is saving us, but in reality it makes us more complacent than ever.

link to e-waste : ngm.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by digitalf because: added link

I totally agree, I try and come up with ideas and put them out their. I think most ideas have been thought of, just not implemented. recycling water for example. If you took an estimate of a million people, Took X amount of water to hydrate, shower, or whatever for those x amount of people. That water was kept, where ever ( recycling plant for ex: ) You could in essence, after recycling, use the same water over and over again, only loosing up to about 8%. That would be a huge difference rather then emptying our lakes and streams, using them up and quazi cleaning and dumping back into river or loosing it to waste.
edit on 12-1-2011 by VI0811 because: grammer

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We still have a ways to go IMO

edit on 12-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoyoshi

Yeah, before my time haha
Thank you

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

eco blue
www.ecoloblue.com...

i've seen large examples of this being implemented in some african cities. and provided they aren't raided and torn down to keep the people in misery and poverty, it looks like a really good way to bring people clean, potable, free water (free other than upkeep of the device).

i want a couple of these
and solar panels to run them so i have literally free water.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
reply to post by SLAYER69

As far as the environment goes things are much better now in America than in the 40's, 50's & 60's. Industry used to dump tonnage of toxic sludge and what not right into open rivers and lakes!

Yeah, but many of those industries unfortunately became multinationals and set up operation in China and other places in Asia instead, where their rivers and lakes NOW are being polluted with more tonnage of chemical toxic sludge from similar, and somtimes even the same industries who used to dump their toxic sludge in America's open river and lakes earlier.

And that is quite sad!

Some photos of the pollution in China

Great photography from Lu Guang, freelancer photographer - Lu Guang from People’s Republic of China won the $30,000 W. Eugene Smith Grant in Humanistic Photography for his documentary project “Pollution in China.”

www.chinahush.com...

edit on 12-1-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Consider some history shared by the elite that has escaped us perhaps
only to be brought to light by one of the rare wise men of our present age
for the elucidation of the masses.

The Earth was wrecked several times by Cosmic events or as they say acts of God
reminded by Velikovsky.

Don't think Man could destroy what God created or is that what the elite think
by running the oil trade to extinction and only killing off the inhabitants in wild
and crazy schemes.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

and that's because our big corps are trying to compete with other nations who literally have slaves instead of citizens, doing all their work. they can build faster, for cheaper, and union type protection for their employees, is simply unheard of. . people living in such abject poverty, they frequently kill their female children the minute they find out their female. as a result, they have an entire generation of men who will have no contact with women of any kind, and most of them are the only child. an all male population of lonely, only children. i can just imagine how fun china's gonna be in 20 years

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
so when's some rocket scientist going to figure out you solve the INFESTATION of the planet, by just stopping the births of females. no cows, no calves.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hate this piece. HATE IT!!! And do you wanna know why???? Huh, do ya'?? Well I'll tell you! Because when I saw this thread I wanted to take a moment and write something that I thought might actually have a chance at winning, but then YOU came along and knocked it outa the park, so what's the point!? I mean, c'mon man, give us ATS newbies at least a fighting chance here. What else do you do, go to Little League games and play first base? Register yourself in amateur boxing tournaments at 110 pounds??? Unfair!

Great peace...
Lee

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by robinmorningstar

I arm wrestle seniors citizens for their denture cream and jello.

edit on 12-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

i'll ask you the same question: think global. just don't let any more female children to be born and no need to kill off most of the populace. it takes females to create new children without artificial means. that's what most of the far east does. people try to ignore it cause it isn't popular to complain about it, that there's a huge genocide or rather, gendercide going on in the name of population control.

ask me what i think about this topic. go ahead. just.ask.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by 11I11

who said we aren't? that's what bugs me about these kinds of topics. lots of people have changed in varying degrees and according to their ability. for example, if i could buy a solar powered generator and a nice set of solar panels, i'd so right NOW. part of how this type of thing gets bad is due to accessibility (typically as a result of lack of money to purchase the needed items).

i mean, i just got another call asking for charitble contributions for a company that hires handicapped people. i can either help mr. smith and his family by buying garbage bags from him, or put a downpayment on solar power generator. i can either pay my electric bill or put a downpayment on a solar power generator. i can either buy food or put a downpayment on a solar power generator. this is why i said earlier, that we need an easy to use, cheap or free, non mechanical, clean form of energy, for people who are not well off financially or struggling finanacially.

We need clean efficient energy for everyone. I one bet that the government has already figured it out. Auther C. Clark said he knew of 7 working cold fusion generator on the planet already in use. This he said this, 30 years ago. imagine what they have behind the scenes today.

i do understand the economics of an energy switch, be it gas, heating your house, whatever. You can't just put a billion people out of work tomorrow because we want to be environmentally friendly. We can however, put in a 30 year ( more less depending ) plan in affect to phase out the bad and bring in the good.

The problem is, they ( the rich, the gov, whoever ) want to keep this to themselves for whatever reasons, and not put these things into effect. We need a leader who will stand up and go against the norm, Total chaos is not the answer ...

Sometime we have to live on our knees before we can stand on our feet ...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

yeah we took on my mom who had advanced alzheimers, and she stayed with us right up till she died at 89 some ten years later. it was a learning experience for all of us. it teaches you important lessons about life and caring for others who are so severly handicapped, that they must rely on you for everything. now they want to accelerate the deaths of people in that bad of shape because they can no longer contribute to society. that's wrong. she contributed alot to society by teaching my children reality.

That's exactly the way it should be, instead of the exception.

Good on you.

How did we ever lose our way, how did we get so selfish and lose all of our humanity? To the point of neglecting our elderly?

Exactly... society deems contributions to be actual physical tasks and things that you can do... whereas knowledge and experience are far more important and the young could learn so much from spending time with the elderly.

Instead of national service or military service, young people should have to go and work/spend time at an old folks home, talking to and interacting with the elderly.

I think society would benefit immensely from that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

going backwards is not the answer, however. saving the globe shouldn't require we go back to living in teepees, straw huts and cardboard boxes with rationed power and rationed food. why make a law saying you can't grow your own food and then tell people there's not enough food to feed everyone anyway, unless the plan is to starve everyone to death? why have laws saying people can't fish in the ocean from the beach? what, they own the fish and the ocean too?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

To paraphrase: Oh! Let me lick your boots for you!

What is it with the personality cults around here?
This OP has a picture of the Georgia Stones which advocate keeping the population down to 500 000 000 (Well, before keeping it down you have to bring it down.) and it refers to humankind as an infestation.
And the guy in the ad is not even a real Native American.
I'm sure these points have already been made throughout the thread but the fawning over the Opening Poster - through no fault of his own - is getting creepy.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I hate when people use verbiage that compares humans to ants, roaches, rats and rodents etc etc.

"Infestation" is one of them.

This OP thread sucks. Why did they put it up so long, can they just shut it up?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join