It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

great post! its true that TPTB are to greedy to help our fellow men and because of that the world is suffering!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by lowki
Is it just me,
or is this a thread supporting the depopulation agenda?

NO!

Get off your computer and recycle something or volunteer your time at the nearest food-bank.

edit on 12-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Is it me or the people who are screaming bloody murder at the OP for fear mongering are in fact the ones doing the fear mongering?

I am more interested in the reactions to this thread now, amazed at HOW OUT OF CONTEXT people can get things.

Please re-read something at least twice so you don't scim over it - an unfortunate side effect of being "Children of Technology" is that we simply don't slow down for a minute and actually understand something (far easier to just consume data as fast as possible taking things in literally).

Again top marks to the OP for saying it as it is.
edit on 12-1-2011 by old_god because: typo

edit on 12-1-2011 by old_god because: Sorry officer, my dog ate my spell checker!

lowki,
What did you see as fear mongering? Which part? Please answer.

Hi Oldgod,
I see this too, a lot. Someone gives very good information and those who don't wish to hear it call it fear mongering. But I have a different spin on it. See, they are so afraid because of previous fear mongering that they see anyone who says something they don't want to hear, fear mongering. IMO it has turned into its own problem, causing phobias and the like.
Slay,
You and Oldgod stop beating people up. Play nice. LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by VI0811
Do you see my point ???

No actually...

'bitching' about it? How about making people aware of the problem and shaming them into action... Simply put, if your not part of the solution, you ARE the problem

Obviously missed the point ..... Never-mind/Narrow-mind

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A beautifully eloquent post structured with passionate content - good choice of images and certainly made me stop and think. S+F

we take many things for granted, the day I realised the need to watch and care for our planet was the day I no longer took time for granted. Time is fast running out...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

And yet, we as humans, want to go and explore the galaxy, eventually colonizing other planets. That should be a big no no, We should sort out or own problems on this planet first, before we think about polluting and destroying other planets!
Spelling

edit on 12-1-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wow is the first thing that comes to mind. 176 stars and 206 flags last I checked and I think it deserves more. The first comment was spot on, this is probably the best thread I have ever seen on ATS. The world needs to see this mainly the western world. These days it takes alot to pluck my heart strings.(Guess I have become jaded a bit over the past few years)That picture with the little tiny hand being held by a healthy adult hand got me. I haven't shead a single tear in like 5 years, but something inside me snapped when I saw that.

How did we as human beings end up like this? Sure our ancient BC ancestors had wars, genocide, murder, etc, etc. Yet they managed to live in harmony with the world around them for thousands of years. In roughly 2000 years of recorded history we have all but destroyed everything our ancestors held dear. Not sure who said it but the quote"We love what we should hate, and we hate what we should love" sure rings true these days. We care more about a peice of paper(Fiat money)than we do about other living beings. I see dogs that display more humanity than us...

I guess after all that being said my question is the same as the OP. What do we do from here? Is there a solution? and if there is... Is it to late? One starts to think like an elitist after a while. Maybe the best course of action is to let it all end and just start anew. I feel the only way we can turn this around, would be an alien species making contact with us. I know you all are thinking "oooh here we go". But if humanity learned we are not so unique to this universe and that these invisible borders mean nothing. The true border is that line between space and earth. We are all on this planet together and we will never fix it unless we band together as a species. We need a slap in the face, that says"Hey!! your stuck on this ball together and the only way to protect that ball is to work together"... Before we are all just a statistic.

98% of all the species that have graced this planet are gone now and humans will one day be part of that 98%. Maybe not now or in a thousand years but it WILL happen if we end up stuck on this planet for eternity because we just can't seem to work together as a species.

"Earth?!? Thats what you call your planet? Might as well just name it Dirt..."

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

you're right but as the post topic suggests, the human race is an infestation - we spread and the hunger to explore is part of our conscious, unfortunately exploration will never halt no matter what the consequences are.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf
A beautifully eloquent post structured with passionate content - good choice of images and certainly made me stop and think. S+F

we take many things for granted, the day I realised the need to watch and care for our planet was the day I no longer took time for granted. Time is fast running out...

I agree, but I also believe its not to late. We have the technology to save ourselves, we have the ability to work with an ever changing planet instead of against it. I for one, do not understand why or how we went wrong, or why we continue down the path of self destruction.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

Very True, but it should be banned until the human race,learns by its own mistakes. And is that going to happen. Never. So we wil continue to pollute and destroy other planets. And it goes on and on, History repeats itself.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't think I was alive when that commercial ran or was old enough to remember (I was born in 1993). When did it run?

I've always had an issue with people treating the Earth like a giant trash can. There have been a few times my mom would throw trash out of the car while we are on the freeway and every time I tell her "You shouldn't do that" and she just says that the Earth can heal itself if it harms it. Makes no sense to me... :/

I had no idea people through garbage out to space!! That won't solve anything either. Space isn't our place to through junk. That's like me taking garbage from my house and throwing it into my neighbor's yard.

Can anyone explain this Doomsday Clock to me? I've never heard of it before. Or does anyone know where I can get information on it?

We aren't doing a very good job with following those Georgia Guidestones. But who made that?

This thread has really made me think more about the Earth. Hopefully, people will start caring about our beautiful planet more instead of treating it like garbage.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This type of subject always strikes a chord deep within us all, however tomorrow it will be all forgotten about and we will be engrossed within our own material worlds. How can we change the world if we cant even change ourselves?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Do you see my point ???

No actually...

'bitching' about it? How about making people aware of the problem and shaming them into action... Simply put, if your not part of the solution, you ARE the problem

And what solution do you speak of...total overthrowing of all current systems ??

Nothing else will do a damned thing.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Great thread Slayer

S&F

Hopefully more people visit and take notice.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

Do you see my point ???

No actually...

And what solution do you speak of...total overthrowing of all current systems ??

Nothing else will do a damned thing.

I guess that's your solution huh ? Or do you have a better one.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980
Maybe the best course of action is to let it all end and just start anew. I feel the only way we can turn this around, would be an alien species making contact with us. I know you all are thinking "oooh here we go". But if humanity learned we are not so unique to this universe and that these invisible borders mean nothing. The true border is that line between space and earth. We are all on this planet together and we will never fix it unless we band together as a species.

Whilst an interesting thought, I doubt very much it would change anything, the tptb would negotiate with the visitors for their own benefit, the visitors would then judge humans based on elitist groups based on selfish needs such as technology advancement, power and politics.
Until images and collective thought on the subject like the OPs hit the mainstream, most people are happy to live in ignorance - making a difference is always going to be an uphill battle when it conflicts with tptb's agenda's (hidden or not). A topic that seems to be striking a chord with lots of members so has plenty of room to evolve.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As far as the environment goes things are much better now in America than in the 40's, 50's & 60's. Industry used to dump tonnage of toxic sludge and what not right into open rivers and lakes! Much of what we throw away is sorted and recycled before it even hits the dump! One of the U.S.A.'s major exports is waste paper mesh! People don't realize that there was a time when you could pretty much do what ever the hell you wanted in the days before the EPA. [The official birthday of EPA is December 2, 1970]

Where I work we grind paper for use in food products,(gross in know!) and we have EPA rules we have to abide by to prevent the escape of paper dust through vents to the outside!

You should just relax buddy! The more advanced mankind gets the better off the planet will be!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I agree, but I also believe its not to late. We have the technology to save ourselves, we have the ability to work with an ever changing planet instead of against it. I for one, do not understand why or how we went wrong, or why we continue down the path of self destruction.

I'd suggest one word - greed.

If ever I catch myself being greedy, and today's society does encourage it, I take a step back and think, I do my bit to recycle, I do voluntary work and I’m conscious of my carbon footprint – I work on saving energy and improving efficiencies in my day job and my home life. I’m not perfect and there is no training manual. Until everyone on the planet changes the way they think about the planet we’re going to continue down the slippery slope. On the one hand we may think technology is saving us, but in reality it makes us more complacent than ever.

link to e-waste : ngm.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by digitalf because: added link

link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

I appreciate the reply. I have also noticed that the US has cleaned up it's act compared to the way it was when we were dominate in industry but as many here will point out the US isn't the world. This is a global issue now. The US is no longer the sole major polluter.

link   
reply to post by blupblup

yeah we took on my mom who had advanced alzheimers, and she stayed with us right up till she died at 89 some ten years later. it was a learning experience for all of us. it teaches you important lessons about life and caring for others who are so severly handicapped, that they must rely on you for everything. now they want to accelerate the deaths of people in that bad of shape because they can no longer contribute to society. that's wrong. she contributed alot to society by teaching my children reality.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wildbunny19

it ran in the 1970's if I recall right.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join