It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
now that we're on this topic, i have a bone to pick with the western tradition of kicking our kids out of the house as soon as they hit 18. nowhere else on the globe do they do this! families work together, live together and save together. except in the western world, where we throw our kids out and expect them to build a life for themselves or sink in the attempt. this requires more housing, yet another vehicle, more insurance, and more everything.

I've always thought we were very odd in the west.

Also our old people, we just throw them in a home, it's awful.
I worked with a few Chinese people before and they couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that we do that... and a fair few Indian Nurses that my old company used to bring over, they couldn't believe it either.

It's not the done thing in Asia at all.

It's very sad actually.

Family and community spirit is sadly lacking in many places now.
edit on 12/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
there must be a conspiracy: orangic food which is supposed to be better for you is always 2 to 3x more expensive that the regular item of the same food. i've seen organic hamburger buns, 6 pack for $9.00.
organic cabbage $4.99 a head depending on season etc.

it doesn't make sense, if it's organic it should be cheaper because there is less overhead and cost to produce them. you don't need chemical fertilizers, herbicides and insectides, which traditionally for farmers have been the most cost consuming part of farming.

then they come with electric cars and from that picture, you'd have to be blind and have no self respect to seen in one. it doesn't help the fact that electric cars are associated with hippies and tree huggers.

if they made them look cool like tron, with state of the art electronics and an interior that looked like it was from the 24th century, then people might buy them. but most hybrids look like they are made to appeal to people who wear socks with their sandals.

they are completely marketing them wrong. they shouldn't even mention it's electric. they should focus on what people want in a car and not hows its powered.

The way I see it is, it's more expensive because non-organic and highly processed foods lead to disease and cancers. Think about processed foods as a car part that's meant to fail, only so you have to buy something else because of that failed car part. The fail mechanism in processed food is sickness. There are no fail mechanisms in organic food... that's why it's more expensive.

Just my two cents! Have a good day everyone!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

First let me say that after reading what the georgia stones say it sounds to orwellian or NWO for me. To limit the population to 500,000,000 is absurd,unless I am the one to says who lives, who dies,who can have children,so what are we to do make it like logans run,where once you reach the age of 30,your killed.Population control in any form is a slippery slope,look at china how many young girls have died because their parents wanted a boy to carry on the family name or whatever.Nobody wants polluted water and air,but with all the crazy regulations put on viable energy sources such as nuclear,which is a great substitute to fossil fuels,and with new technological advancements is imo a safe alternitive,should be taken advantage of.Then you get all these progressive wackos saying lets use wind farms,as long as its in someone elses back yard,I recall the liberal lion Ted Kennedy,crying and protesting a wind farm project of the coast of cape cod or something,because it would ruin his view,what a hypocrite.There so quick to want to stop the drilling in alaska because of the impact on the wildlife there.But what about the impact on the wildlife in the picture on this thread of the big solar power farm,or the thousands of birds killed by the wind farm turbines.Should we then do away with human progress in the name of saving the planet,and go back to living in caves,and a primitive lifestyle for the sake of mother nature?
So I think that those who think the world is over populated,and man is to blame for all the earth changes,let them be the first to come forth and sacrifice their lives for the sake of mother earth,who knows maybe we can recycle them for food like soylent green

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoyoshi

So you're against a cleaner environment WHILE sustaining our present population with some growth?

No one here is advocating a population reduction, just being more responsible for our own actions is all.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Possibly the best article on the internet, IMO.
This will always be one of my favorites.
I don't think this is our fault, though.. I blame it on MANBEARPIG!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I find it odd how so many people want to try and attack you for advocating de-population (which you cleary aren't) rather than address the real issues you raised.

Is this a symptom of the very society that you so nicely illustrated?????

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I agree life always finds a way and I am sure you agree that we should be good caretakers of the planet during our time here.

Out of the soup of chemically pollution, and waste, some exotic life form will evolve, we are just passing through.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I only trust what I grow to be organic,

The organic at the store is nasty,

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The TPTB know that the earth and sun are going through a cycle, where the sun draws up moisture from the earth to form an ice crystal shield around the earth. Has happened before. It will cause the earth to flourish and people will live Hundered of years long. No season changes and entire earth a perfect 72 temp. That is why after the flood Noah and others that survived lived for hundereds of years while their childern died around 35. TPTB want this paradise for themselves. We needed to act when the Indian Commerical came out, I loved it. Stop buying new cars, stop buying plastic products, only drive when necessary. They have free energy but it is not free for us. I had a lot of dreams of how the world could be when I was a 'hippie' back in the 60s, this world was not it. One of the most Important statements made on the Internet. Great Work, I hope other sites link to this.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Slayer Fan ? Are you Reigning In Blood ?

I partially agree with you, but bitching about it is getting know where, one man can change the world. Its like abortion. I am against it, but I don't tell woman what to do with their body, nor do I guilt trip em into something they don't clearly want to do. But the protesters, will resort to violence if they have to, instead of providing an alternative/solution to unwanted pregnancies and/or unwanted births.

Do you see my point ???

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Bless you Mr Slayer. Just wanted to stop by and give you a star and flag to add to your amazing collection from this thread.

Your thread was-

1) Well written and displayed perfectly.

2) Thought provoking and emotionally moving.

3) Great!

Thank you for all you post and for being a great addition to our community here. I am a fan of you.

MM

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

The OP mentioned recycling, I dont know what country this person is in but my country of birth is New Zealand and do you know where most of New Zealands recycling ends up? THE THIRD WORLD!! Yep it gets dumped not in our own garbage heaps but the third worlds so I really dont understand how recycling is "eco freindly"

really, I didn't know that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

The OP mentioned recycling, I dont know what country this person is in but my country of birth is New Zealand and do you know where most of New Zealands recycling ends up? THE THIRD WORLD!! Yep it gets dumped not in our own garbage heaps but the third worlds so I really dont understand how recycling is "eco freindly"

So I guess according to you New Zealand isn't really recycling then. Not in the true meaning of the word.
If that's truly the case maybe New Zealand should do some recycling.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by randyvs

The Indians name I believe was Iron Eyes Cody.

Yes, I met him when I was like 7 or 8 at a Native American arts and craft show many MANY moons ago.

Well I'll be saved. You met him ? That is just to cool. We are very much alike you and I, not in every way but in quite a few.. I wish I would have had such an honor. I he died I think ?

Congrats my friend on another overwhelming thread.
edit on 12-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Only 2 percent of Peru’s trash recycled, much burned or dumped into sea

www.peruviantimes.com...

When I was growing up, we had a burn barrel, we didn't generate as much trash, drinks were in glass bottles,

What I see is that some of these solutions to pollution are creating new problems.

and what was gained using plastic bags over paper, but creating another problem, at least paper was bio degradable, the only solution to that is cloth re-usable bags
edit on 013131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

No IM not against a cleaner world,just not at the expense of losing freedoms like reproduction rights,ect..What happened to ethynol it was going to save the world and help with stopping pollutants,but then you had people starving because corn prices skyrocketed and there was a corn shortage.All I'm saying is I dont think people realize how big this earth really is and I dont think man has as big a influnce on earth as poeple are lead to believe.I remember when I was a kid the scientist all said that pollution was going to lead to a ice age,that hasnt happened,then it was if we keep polluting the oceans by the year 2000 all the fish would be dead and man would be extinct,then Al Gore came along and man made global warming was the alarm for the day.So as far as I can see all the eviromental hoop-la has very little credibility...But of course I want clean air and water that goes with out saying,I'm just not a alarmist.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A united and motivated humanity would be able to live in harmony with our planet and leave no scars.

Do we know that the planet earth isn't going through its adolescence and we are it's tattoos and piercings to rebel against its cosmological community?

I think the truth is that we are growing as sentient beings and civilization. I find the world can be better understood by understanding that everything is a micro / macrocosm of its larger or smaller counterpart. The life of a cell mirrors the life of an organ which mirrors the life of a human, the life of a human mirrors the life of its civilization and a civilization mirrors the existence of humanity as a whole. A quick trip through history will show us this.

We are teenagers now, all of us. If we can survive our sports cars and reckless behavior we may just manage to grow up as a species and hopefully one day make to to old age when we can pass along our knowledge to our children species.

Thank you for this sobering and inspiring post, 5000 years ago nobody would have thought of this, see we are growing up!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Earth: unfit for human habitation.
Don't be too sure.
We have a Rabi.
From beginning to end They are working for us.

Now if we want to consider the Endgame and the elite and Alex Jones
we might want to consider how clean free energy might help.

I'm building my little circuit.

Every little bit of Tesla technology helps.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811
Do you see my point ???

No actually...

'bitching' about it? How about making people aware of the problem and shaming them into action... Simply put, if your not part of the solution, you ARE the problem

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Flagged and Starred!

Interesting, videos, and images.

Just goes to show, earths main enemy is not asteroids or comets, nor is it the SUN. Humans is Earths no 1 enemy. We all just have to look at the state of our planet, to realize, we are the problem.. I myself fear it is way to late to resolve this unfolding crisis, we as humans have on our hands.

We brought it on our ownselfs.And no recycling, or green energy is going to stop what is going on. We should have done something with regards to this years ago. But too many Governments and citizens were too invovled in profit over enviroment. Just shows most of humanity does not deserve this planet.

If there is a catastrophic event. Will we as humans or the survivors learn by the rest of humanity's mistakes? I for one do not think they shall. It is in our nature to think of ourselves first before anything or anyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join