It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

Read the first sentence in my post. Then ponder the rest.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Very cool a couple people actually answered my questions about doing their part. Keep up the good work.

We, each of us, can only do what we can do. Much better to pick up a piece of trash than scream at the messy masses.
Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

We wouldnt have to drill in deep water if the Libs would allow us to drill in shallow water where there are FEW risks. They wont let us drill there but guess what, China is drilling in our backyard taking OUR oil because the LIBS wont let us go get OUR OWN OIL!

And yes, I remember that commercial AND I am Native...

And, just for the record, if we (U.S.) wanted to, we could raise enough crops in the continental U.S. to feed the ENTIRE world by ourselves. Overpopulation is just another elitest conspiracy!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO
While I do not dispute that humans had better smarten up and fast, your approach to it is very "anti-human".

What's next? Eugenics? Forced population decrease? Abandonment of human rights?

No but we can live comfortably and cleanly. No need to trash the planet anymore than we already have. All 7 or potentially 8 billion of us...

I've seen how this general philosophy can get very dangerous if it is not tempered with reason, science and compassion.

People have been ignoring all the above mentioned this whole time.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
And, just for the record, if we (U.S.) wanted to, we could raise enough crops in the continental U.S. to feed the ENTIRE world by ourselves. Overpopulation is just another elitest conspiracy!

I never said we are over populated. I said.......

"'The world is reaching 7 Billion people. We are in no danger of over population anytime soon BUT we are not supporting the people we already have. How can we Support an even larger population? "

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Another well put together thread, if you are not a writer, you should be.

I for one, question from time to time, why I even had children and brought them into this world the way it is, but my answer to that is that there are hopes that my children might be able to make a difference, and make this into a planet that is not heading down the preverbal toilet.

Each generation becomes more aware about what is going on with the environment, there is more recycling going on than there was in years past, but there are tons more pollutants being pumped into the air.

I would hope that by passing on what we have learned to the next generation that perhaps they will be able to target the air pollutants, and maybe even figure a way to get rid of the space pollution around the planet before it looks like something from the movie WALL-E.

Perhaps in 3 – 5 generations with knowledge being passed on, the indiscretions of previous generations will be able to be wiped away as long as they heed our messages and learn from what came before.

Seeing what we have been able to accomplish with recycling in just 2 generations, gives me hope of what future generations can accomplish.
edit on 1/12/2011 by AlienCarnage because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
Man made smog and pollution in our atmosphere. All fine and dandy and I know it exists. I just don't think it is doing to the weather as you claim. (GloBULL Warming) Put into perspective here for a second. ONE volcano erupts and look at all the emissions it lets go of. One massive forest fire lets go of how much stuff into our atmosphere!?!?

You are fear mongering. Stop it. The Earth is large enough to adjust and change. It always has and always will. I challenge you to look at how much stuff gets thrown into the sky by the volcano. It may shock you...

I never claimed it was Global warming, I said.......

"I'm not going to debate the whole Global warming/Climate change argument here. The Earth is changing, whether it is a result of man-made pollution or a natural cycle of Earth is irrelevant, what does matter to me is clean air, water and enough food for everybody. "

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FunSized
Do any of you that are giving stars and flags to the OP realize that in order to reduce the human population to a half million, that the majority of us would have to die? That means you and your families! If that's the way you really feel then why are you still posting on the internet and continuing your existance as 'parasites'?

Nobody has yet advocated a mass reduction of the population by human hands. We are doing it to ourselves.

I'm not saying that the earth should not be cared for, far from it. But we can do it without calling humanity parasites and without a mass human die off.

AGAIN nobody is calling for a mass reduction of the population. We just need to be better at our handling of our trash and filth is all. Whats wrong with clean air, water and natural forests and jungles?

Did it never occur to anyone that TPTB allowed this environment mess to happen so that people would be ok with mass human extermination? Are you ok with your families and children being killed? Because that's what you're talking about. Don't think it doesn't mean YOU

Has it ever occurred to you that we are responsible for our own actions?

Stop the fear mongering about mass executions and go outside and pick up somebody's garbage and dump it or recycle it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
Overpopulation isn't the problem. The planet could support 20-30 billion people if we just lived responsibly and modestly and conservatively. If we used all the most cutting edge technology for mankind instead of hoarding it and keeping it secret then we would all prosper..

EXACTLY

edit on 12-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Slayer-

I really think when we all step back and see what is happening around the world we only take into account the information thats available to us at this moment. We can all speculate that the end of this planet is bound to happen if we keep things up this way. What if, information is available now that will change how we work as a human race. Information that can't be read or heard currently, not consciously. Information that is being learned by the thousands like a mega wave and soon this chain of effects will be written. Maybe this is what we are all feeling inside. If its new information we may need time to assimilate it. This is why a buildup is happening in our population and within us all here.

Peace & Light to you all Friends

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lowki
Is it just me,
or is this a thread supporting the depopulation agenda?

NO!

Get off your computer and recycle something or volunteer your time at the nearest food-bank.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is more than an eye-opener. It is a soul-opener and it's sad that we strive for reality and yet ignore it simultaneously. Our planet is filled with illusion and delusion, and it only seems to be with humans. I don't find us to be the superior life on this planet, though the most inhumane.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It is sad that we live in a disposable society, that rewards bad behavior. To be in with the hip crowd, you have to have the latest gadgets, which will soon be hazardous waste. Gotta have the ipad.

Plastic is forced upon us because otherwise oil companies would have to pay for disposing it as hazardous waste. I bring my own bags when I grocery shop. I sometimes wonder if the employees at grocery stores are trained to use as many plastic bags as possible when bagging groceries. They will half fill your bags, and then use several unneeded bags, as if they get paid to use them up. This is a big reason why I use the self check line, where I can bag my own groceries.

The good news is that the easy to get high grade crude oil is running out. I look forward to the day when SUVs are marvels in museums.
edit on 12-1-2011 by poet1b because: add line that I bring my own bags.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zouler
It's incredible how we've become a cancer for the earth, and how money has become our own cancer as a society, im not saying that money is wrong, im saying that money makes us people wrong.
S&F.

People, not their tools, are the root to all evil.
Also most don't even know any of this so they are not aware they are a cancer. They are behaving like they see on TV and their friends conversate about on social network sites all the while denying they even contribute to the problem. We built the greed into need monster in order to make a profit. It wasn't the money, it was the 'at all cost' need to be successful and rich so if it was selling poisons, trackers and stun guns so be it. "As long as I make a profit, I don't care what anyone does with it!" That mantra continues, and it will continue as long as it is chic to be rich, or to at least look like you are rich.
Brings to mind one of those inspirational emails I get from friends that don't understand chain letters are spam... I'll share.

TWO WOLVES

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chett

I know I am. I work in the environmental industry. My job s about restoring native bushland back to it's original state by removing introduced flora/fauna, repairing damage to waterways, planting to reduce erosion etc..

So yup I believe I do my part!!

Though I also believe it's a losing battle. There are so many people out there who don't really care. And the Environmental industry as a whole is in my opinion, just like any other industry...

Private sector Environmental companies work on the premise of "what can the environment do for me", rather than "what can I do for the environment". This really needs to change before we can start to see results.

I am hoping to get into state government in the near future, this way at least I know the work I do in state parks and forests, is geared at actually fixing the problem rather than prolonging it or propagating more work for the privatised sector..lol

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You speak right from my heart! Great Thread!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by lowki
Is it just me,
or is this a thread supporting the depopulation agenda?

NO!

Get off your computer and recycle something or volunteer your time at the nearest food-bank.

Is it me or the people who are screaming bloody murder at the OP for fear mongering are in fact the ones doing the fear mongering?

I am more interested in the reactions to this thread now, amazed at HOW OUT OF CONTEXT people can get things.

Please re-read something at least twice so you don't scim over it - an unfortunate side effect of being "Children of Technology" is that we simply don't slow down for a minute and actually understand something (far easier to just consume data as fast as possible taking things in literally).

Again top marks to the OP for saying it as it is.
edit on 12-1-2011 by old_god because: typo

edit on 12-1-2011 by old_god because: Sorry officer, my dog ate my spell checker!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I agree

We have more than the means to stop starvation, to give every man and woman clean water on the planet but why..why don't we do this? Oh yeah "money" that not so amazing thing people love so much, I wish I had the means to live without the the thing called money but I do not, I'd probably get arrested for tresspassing while trying to survive off, of nature

It's horrible and disgusting to see what we have become...I wish we would change but there's too many sheep out there, when it's too late then they will try to fix it, wait...it's already too late we are murdering the planet and ourselves but noone seems to give a damn.

I wish I had the means to help but unfortunatly I'm an unemployed student not earning enough to keep myself alive bymyself so...

what do you propose we do? We could make a protest but there will be some reason to throw us in jail or a police charge
I'm open to ideas because we need to do something fast, before the"Sh**" does hit the fan. I'm quite tired of all this suffering around the world... Once tried to hide away from it but it's impossible...its everywhere you look, so to all those that haven't woke up yet WAKE UP!!

Love, light and peace.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Another great thread Slayer.

This is a prime example of how to compose a message that is visible, easy to read and allows a glimpse into the soul of the author.

It may also even make a few people examine how they are living thier lives.

S & F

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
now that we're on this topic, i have a bone to pick with the western tradition of kicking our kids out of the house as soon as they hit 18. nowhere else on the globe do they do this! families work together, live together and save together. except in the western world, where we throw our kids out and expect them to build a life for themselves or sink in the attempt. this requires more housing, yet another vehicle, more insurance, and more everything. i'm not saying i'm a proponent of communal living but what's wrong with families sharing the same residence? now we have laws that say we can only have so many people in our homes per square foot. i can see it if there's mixed genders of minors, but adults and married couples, what the heck?
edit on 12-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

I have been preaching that for years,

When I was growing up there were four generations living in our household,

Now days kids get goaded and made fun of if they are still living at home, they move out and everyone suffers financially and emotionally and spiritually,

I believe in the power of the family unit/tribe, to help one another, I count it a blessing that I was raised in a home with my grandfather.
Now they send them to nursing homes.

I see some change coming however, the generations might soon have to start living together, how can a kid survive on a minimum wage today.

Here in the inner city however, you will find it more common for many family members to live in the same home out of necessity.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join