It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Human infestation [WRAP]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
You accuse TPTB of fear mongering to spread an agenda? Riiiiight!

Your information is well assembled. That however is where I stop the compliments.

Oil is ALWAYS 24/7, 356 days a year. LEAKING from the sea floor or into the sea floor. These leaks are still going on. They make the BP spill look like a spilled cap full of detergent in a swimming pool!

Man made smog and pollution in our atmosphere. All fine and dandy and I know it exists. I just don't think it is doing to the weather as you claim. (GloBULL Warming) Put into perspective here for a second. ONE volcano erupts and look at all the emissions it lets go of. One massive forest fire lets go of how much stuff into our atmosphere!?!?

You are fear mongering. Stop it. The Earth is large enough to adjust and change. It always has and always will. I challenge you to look at how much stuff gets thrown into the sky by the volcano. It may shock you...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
I wouldn't call it an infestation.

Life is Life. Whether its fungus or humans, life will find a way to survive, thrive, and evolve.

Thats how life works. Its a destructive process, but everything in this universe involves some kind of destructive transformation.
...snip...
Once again, humanity adapted and overcame.

On the bank of the Euphrates River, in what is today northern Syria, a band of humans facing severe drought in the aftermath of the Younger Dryas, irrigated and cultivated rye changing our world and our species forever. Shortly afterwards other cultures would begin to farm and the first human city, Jericho would rise.

It wouldn't be the last cataclysm for humanity to face, but it was the last rapid mass extinction.

It's a very nice and thoughtful post, but I beg to differ. You see, what happened to humanity since the Younger Dryas is nothing short of phenomenal leap. Humanity has always been and is now a computer, albeit in present time (and going forward) because of interconnectivity its complexity grows exponentially. Look up Kurzweil's ideas on that ("Age of Spiritual Machines").

And so in some point we have a quantitative leap where the "software" running on that computer has a truly immense power to transform Earth and even space in some instances. This software does include moral and other precepts but on a large scale is simply not guided by this. On a certain level, it exists outside of normal human experience. A corporation is an abstraction, it's not just a sum of humans, employees and shareholders, it's a robot which is carefully programmed to "increase the shareholder value". Nation-states are carefully programmed to protect resources and strategic advantage, after a few millenia of evolution of such algorithms. Such entities use "drivers" to integrate the network nodes participating in them, these drivers can be branded "patriotism" or "work ethics" or "consumerism" or any combination of these factors.

I posit that we live in times that have little to do with what happened on the bank of the Euphrates River a long time ago. Different scale. And the processes already taking place are exponentially more destructive.
edit on 12-1-2011 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think that the giorgia guide stones are the new roseta stones that people will be using after (A) the great depopulation of Earth.

The Georgia Guidestones function nothing like the Rosetta Stone my friend. They are in essence, an evil company's mission statement. They've been set in stone for all the proles to bear witness to & live by.
edit on 12-1-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
To be honest, the only time I've seen the 'Crying Indian' commercial was in The Simpsons(I'm 16 yo) but I digress.

Humanity is and always has been instinctive. We eat, sleep, mate, survive then we die. Anything new is considered laughable and stupid. With some pertaining to the old ways by simply living off the land or making the land work for them. In a good way of course.

But now the rest of the sheeple or cattle has let this gone off for far too long. I only realised today that the [Australian] media has stopped the reporting of Julian Assange and the BP oil spill. Now its all bird, fish and whatever animal mass die-off.

In my area there used to be a lot of crows, they would pick at our bins and, remarkably get them to open and rummage at what's inside. Well no more, since the massive bird die-off I haven't really noticed a thing. Or maybe it's something to do with the Gulf-stream or the torrential rain that's been happening here I dunno.

As far as I know, and everyone here at ATS - we're screwed.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Wow...

I'm still reading through some of the comments here, but this is an important thread...

Some of those pictures are haunting.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Nice op.

Don't agree with you regarding not being overpopulated though. In most of the habitable world wilderness, peace and quiet just don't exist anymore. There aren't many species alive that are unaffected by humans waste and constant encroachment. To misquote a poster above, we have an infestation problem, not a population problem. Yet our governments call for more growth!!

And forget about people changing their ways willingly. It just ain't gonna happen until mother nature kicks us up the jacksy. Even then you'll have couples that keep on pushing out 4 or 5 little excrement machines, just because they believe it's their most basic human right and they're too lazy, selfish and stupid to tie a knot in it. What about human responsibility? Forward thinking? Those qualities exist in only a very small percentage of humanity. Although many are not to blame due to being kept impoverished and uneducated by our wonderful systems of governance.

I'm with most of what this fella says:

www.jameslovelock.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

"Interviewers often remark upon the discrepancy between Lovelock's predictions of doom, and his good humour. "Well I'm cheerful!" he says, smiling. "I'm an optimist. It's going to happen."

Humanity is in a period exactly like 1938-9, he explains, when "we all knew something terrible was going to happen, but didn't know what to do about it". But once the second world war was under way, "everyone got excited, they loved the things they could do, it was one long holiday ... so when I think of the impending crisis now, I think in those terms. A sense of purpose - that's what people want."

I hope he is right, but do not share his optimism. The vast majority of westerners (and many easterners
want a sense of who's gonna win the next non talent show on the idiot box. They want a sense of being able to afford to buy that investment property in the rapidly disappearing countryside. They want an increase in buying power.

"What would Lovelock do now, I ask, if he were me? He smiles and says: "Enjoy life while you can. Because if you're lucky it's going to be 20 years before it hits the fan".

This I'm sure many of you will agree with, and I think that many in tptb know it too. There's a storm a comin soon. And to be totally honest, I feel fine.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Except that he was not a real indian, but rather an actor. Typical.

Good thread though.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Overpopulation isn't the problem. The planet could support 20-30 billion people if we just lived responsibly and modestly and conservatively. If we used all the most cutting edge technology for mankind instead of hoarding it and keeping it secret then we would all prosper. It's greed and domination that put us in this position.

I think collectively we know the right things to do to make the world a better place however individually there are motivations to do the wrong thing for personal gain. It's the worst selfishness I can imagine to intentionally destroy mankind for the benefit of a few of the so called elite.

I keep coming back to this idea of utopia. it's possible. We just need to build the infrastructure. The solar power plants, the wind farms. The desalinization plants to make the oceans drinkable. Electric vehicles. We need to start growing hemp like crazy. Make everything locally out of hemp. We need to bring back the lost industries of small scale farming and manufacturing. We definitely need to get control of our government and our sovereignty back and reclaim all our rights and abolish all the petty pointless laws and fines and taxes and do away with all the bloated bureaucracy and middlemen and litigators. do away with all the garbage that does nothing productive. Do away with the wall street con men and the banksters. With low cost energy and local production booming we can give our prosperous people more time for whats really important like education and family.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
We create our own chaos, not TPTB because if we really wanted change we would all chose to live a very simple life and want for almost nothing, but our Ego's will not let us live this way.

Ask yourself this, would you give up every current comfort to stop the pollution?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yeye, ppl blaming other ppl
Ppl blaming globalwarming bla bla!?
I think we will loose this planet cause we didn't care from day one

Too late that's it!? Blame it on everyone else is wrong when it's us to blame >.>
corperations knew it from day one, ppl still get screwed over, stereotyping all this nonsense to make more money is just what they are doing as we speak yey for the elite they did again.

So what to do? Since we cant seem to do any thing ? We think we can do something about it but NO!
The elite doesn't want the same thing as you, blame it on them? NO it's still us to blame for all this, we didnt see it cause of GREED!

Go green ppl ! Lol

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Is it just me,
or is this a thread supporting the depopulation agenda?

Referring to humans as an "infestation", as if it's something to be eradicated...

The presence of animal parasites such as fleas, mites, and tapeworms on the skin or in the body, or in the clothing or the home. Compare infection.

www.answers.com...

When did we lose sight that most all the disasters mentioned in the opening-post were created in a large part due to government-backed consumerism and government-defended multi-national-corporations.

can we really blame "humans" for doing as they are told by the elite?
edit on 12/1/11 by lowki because: humans do as they are told.

if mom and pop stores were still allowed, we'd have more local accountability.
If multi-national-corporations had to defend themselves,
they would have been ransacked to oblivion,
to make up for their heinous crimes.
edit on 12/1/11 by lowki because: if we were allowed

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have come to a recent realization. None of this is really news to anybody I think...people would have to be willingly blind and ignorant not to notice what we're doing to the planet. Even people I know and am related to have started to broach the topic...and in some cases that has been a surprise to me.

But here's the thing....

...global meltdown is not only inevitable, but nessecary. Like you said, there are (or will be) seven billion people on this planet soon. And it is human nature to respond to threats that are immediate and visible. Foresight is not common-place amongst our species. The human race NEEDS a kick in the teeth. We need to be humbled before the forces of nature and the universe. It is the only way that our arrogance will be put into check. Some people would call me a fear-mongerer. I am a realist, and have no problem admitting what needs to happen. Nor do I labour under any illusions that I will not be directly affected by such an event.

I find your insight refreshing, because not many in this world would openly accept the fact that we are a devestating force to the environment, words are no longer enough. People have been conditioned to push unhappy thoughts from their minds, and not to worry about "things they can't change". Only when faced with human suffering and death on a global scale will the human species truly awaken and change our ways. Until then, we will continue about our daily lives as normal. We will continue to rape the planet, hoard the natural resources it offers, and push "lesser species" to the brink of extinction.

GtkP

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
All you guys talkin about higher purposes and deep philosophies, who to blame, who should fix it and stuff but I don't need that - I look around my neighbourhood and see crystal clear where the problem is
just read bellow.

I see people dumping trash from their terrace with animal bones and one-time-use diapers with crap in it, half eaten/drank tin cans, plastic bottles wherever they walk, spitting jut about everywhere, throwing cigarette butts and ashes on everything and everyone. Abandoned three legged maggot-ridden diseased dogs covered with car oil munching animal intestines from some dumpster is not an unusual sight where I live. Mud covered concrete sidewalks featured with fresh dog crap from so called animal-lovers and stale chewing gums defining its spotty texture. People in the bus smelling like mutant sewer-dwelling skunks, or worse, absorbing the smell of those public toilets looking like medieval torture chambers with its roof covered in feces. When you go out ya gotta watch out for those enraged adolescents cut lose patrolling the streets looking to ease the symptoms of overeating their daily doses of hormone-stuffed meats, drugs, alcohol and whatnot - they express their life dissatisfaction by torturing local animals and homeless people in most vile fashion or just smashing stuff. Older people already tired after daily slavery look to somehow ease the symptoms of psychosis, chemical dis-balance and major emotional/childhold issues usually taking it on unsuspecting family members. Then on the TV you see left wingers, right wingers, patriots, radicals, ultra radicals.... etc etc

That's just what I see in few days, so how can I be surprised that we live like pigs. Some places may look better, all nice n shiney but then other issues arise.... The vast spiritual void, irresponsibly, failure to discern good from bad are few things to mention when wondering "what's wrong with us".

Rant over
but that's how it is people.

But yeah nice thread, I loved that video, snf

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Overpopulation isn't the problem. The planet could support 20-30 billion people

Why would we want that many people?
I fail to see the point.
If nothing else the more people there are competing for resources the more likely bloodshed and conflict.
Also I cannot understand why we would want to exhaust the planets resources in such a way.
I do believe very strongly that we should work harder to keep down the birthrate in thoroughly humane ways.
What appalls me in particular is that certain religions and factions see the breeding of humans as a mode of invasion and occupation of other's countries. It is being promoted and practiced today not least in my own country. The Serbs can tell you all about it from bloody experience.
Because of demographics - that is population growth - my western country will have an islamic majority in little more than a generation. Within ten years we could have our democracy used against us.
We already see it as our politicians pander to certain religious and ethnic voters.
Years ago overpopulation was widely used to persuade western people that abortion was somehow a responsible even moral choice.
However it is increasingly blatantly obvious that those who were in the frontline of legalising abortion in western countries where it can be argued there is a deficit of indigenous people, therefore promoting widespread immigration on the grounds of insufficient population, are the very same that defend to the end the refusal to limit the population in the third world.
Is there an agenda?
I think there is.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
All you guys talkin about higher purposes and deep philosophies, who to blame, who should fix it and stuff but I don't need that - I look around my neighbourhood and see crystal clear where the problem is
just read bellow.

I see people dumping trash from their terrace with animal bones and one-time-use diapers with crap in it, half eaten/drank tin cans, plastic bottles wherever they walk, spitting jut about everywhere, throwing cigarette butts and ashes on everything and everyone. Abandoned three legged maggot-ridden diseased dogs covered with car oil munching animal intestines from some dumpster is not an unusual sight where I live. Mud covered concrete sidewalks featured with fresh dog crap from so called animal-lovers and stale chewing gums defining its spotty texture. People in the bus smelling like mutant sewer-dwelling skunks, or worse, absorbing the smell of those public toilets looking like medieval torture chambers with its roof covered in feces. When you go out ya gotta watch out for those enraged adolescents cut lose patrolling the streets looking to ease the symptoms of overeating their daily doses of hormone-stuffed meats, drugs, alcohol and whatnot - they express their life dissatisfaction by torturing local animals and homeless people in most vile fashion or just smashing stuff. Older people already tired after daily slavery look to somehow ease the symptoms of psychosis, chemical dis-balance and major emotional/childhold issues usually taking it on unsuspecting family members. Then on the TV you see left wingers, right wingers, patriots, radicals, ultra radicals.... etc etc

That's just what I see in few days, so how can I be surprised that we live like pigs. Some places may look better, all nice n shiney but then other issues arise.... The vast spiritual void, irresponsibly, failure to discern good from bad are few things to mention when wondering "what's wrong with us".

you're herded like cattle in an industrial wasteland, and culturally programmed into a consumerist, throw-away society by mass media.

Look at chickens or pigs in industrial factory farms, it's the same story,
they defecate wherever they stand, since there simply is nowhere else.

those cages have an uncanny resemblance to modern day apartment building complexes.

people used to have their own land,
for which they have much more respect.
their trash was compost and fertilizer, helped plants grow.

when it's factory farmed, compost becomes industrial waste.
edit on 12/1/11 by lowki because: uncanny resemblance

In Russia 54% of produce is made on 3% of the agricultural land, by ordinary citizens at their cottage gardens.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/1/11 by lowki because: garden cottages

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Great thread!!

Just goes to show where our priorities lay (or their priorities lay)... everywhere around the World there are catastrophies.... right now in Brisbane is the latest one with the flooding.... but i've been saying (aswell as others i'm sure) that all these Cities with large corps and buildings has been a massive problem which has affected the weather systems and our water ways.... add to this the huge amount of populated areas and you just have too much waste and pollution.... things do need to change and the sooner the Worlds Governments realise this (when they get their heads out of their buttholes) the better we will all be.... it may not be too late to save the World but it is dying as we can see.... what can be done?

I'm not sure on the answer.... but maybe to stop ........ hmmmmmmmmmmmm........ i cant think of anything to say so maybe the answer is just to STOP!

And do you know what i was thinking last night.... all these troubles, problems and catastrophies going on and what do the powers do? Put everything up in costs!!! This really does pee me off.... oh, what shall we do this year now that the Worlds problems are getting worse?

I know, lets put the cost of living up..... yet again..... yes..... this is the way to go.....

BTW your thread bought a lot of sadness to me....
edit on 12-1-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

edit on 12-1-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Great post and writing.

I don't know what people are complaining about - get over it, we have killed the planet off and it's now dying in front of our eyes.

Yes it will recover and become abundant again but that may well be after we, humans, are truly extinct or at a level that lives in balance with our surroundings.

Do people honestly think a greed culture will suffice and will be successful?

It's obvious that the real infestation in this world is greed and it transcends all levels because it makes its appearance in the form of materialism - people are more concerned with X-Factor than the world around them.

But you can't put all the blame on the everyday "Joey's" as this all starts from somewhere and that is the real power at the top. The only conspiracy is one of commercialism (read: profit = power), TPTB are those elites, people with vast amounts of wealth, connections and resources to do whatever they desire which happens to be survival (because they are like ravenous paranoid animals).

Because of this imbalance we have over population, simple fact and deep down we all know this (at a sub concious level) which is probably why we are so hell bent on destroying each other through wars, poverty and famine.

I remember reading prophetic sentences something along the lines of "..and fire will rain down from the sky.." - well looking at the images of the space junk we currently have surrounding the earth I wouldn't be all to surprised if some solar flair or other event in the near future causes those satellites to come crashing down (engulfed in flames).

How exactly are we supposed to send manned & unmanned flights into space with all that debris flying around (capable of taking out a craft).

Because there is an imbalance in the world right we have things like over population, things like wars with fictitious enemies which ends up creating real enemies who want to hurt someone..resulting in a climate of fear that spreads around the world leaving everyone impotent (sitting behind a computer screen tapping away on a bit of plastic with their fingers...).

The equation (so to speak) will balance itself out eventually, how it does this is any ones guess but it doesn't take a genius to see which direction we are heading in.

Revolutions are exciting...but they leave many Dead Bodies

edit on 12-1-2011 by old_god because: typo

edit on 12-1-2011 by old_god because: edit

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is a dumber than dirt post of textbook human reasoning. High on emotions and low on solutions or even identifying problems.

The Georgia Guidestones...good grief. Just look at line one of the Stones. Maintain the earth in balance with nature at 500,000,000 population. That is a drop from some 7 to 9 Billion population. Are some of you thinking this through. How is this going to be accomplished...someone or some corporation is going to have to play God.
This is a reduction of more that three fourths of the human population of the earth.

You guys do know that when volcanoes go off they spew more bad air products into the atmosphere than all the humans combined...yes?? They are even known to change the colour of the sky as the light is filtered through the contamination spread by volcanic pollution. We need more laws against active volcanoes.

I am not saying to not be good stewards of what it is with which we are blessed..the abundance. Good stewardship is a good thing.

While we have pollution problems of our own here in the west...those scenes of foreign nations and the waste floating in their rivers would not be tolerated here in the west. Those nations need to get a handle on their problems in this arena. Apparently their leadership does not seem to think this is a problem or of sufficient priority. I have seen pictures like this coming out of Haiti as well as South America and Asia.

The Human Infestation type reasoning is exactly the reason of the United Nations One worlders. It is and will in the end call for the eradication of Billions of people to the gods of nature.

Historically when man succumbs to and worships nature..nature conquers and rules men...unto death.

When men conquer nature mens standard of living rises above a basic substance level or lower.
This does not mean to be a poor steward..but not to let nature rule men..to rule wisely.

The new ..or rather Olde/Ancient Gnostic template for the world is coming back and it will be the deaths of billions. This is clear by the writings going on today under the guise of human intelligent thinking.
For I know that certain arenas or aspects of the "Humanities" and Humanism..is a watch word for returning back to nature. And Nature is a very very cruel taskmaster and Nature is not Human.

Thanks,
Orangetom

edit on 12-1-2011 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Being 35, i know from life experience and i found out early, 90% of humans have never known what is right or wrong. All they know is about how to destroy and kill for there needs and pleasures.

Scum, and i am just glad i will never bring someone into this world.

Oh no there will not be a person to be killed by police and gov, while organising lies about anyone they want down pubs at weekend, while police and friends commit any violence they want and any crime they want.

^^
This last paragraph describes society today, and what neighbours are like, real life murderers, and you think what they are doing to anything they want.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think the real problem (at least in western societies) is society itself, why people want and are competing about resources is because they see it as a means to achieve happiness. If humanity had evolved mentally to see happiness can be achieved without resources, less people would need material things to make themselves happy. People would be happy just to take a walk in the park instead of having to take a plane to some other country to experience the same level of happiness. We wouldn't need fancy suits or expensive watches, maintain a lifestyle which others view as successful in order to feel succesful. People would make their own clothing and be happy wearing them, no one would give a s*&# what kind of car anyone would be driving because no one would identify themselves with all these material things. Then maybe we wouldn't put eachother down so much everyday, everybody would be happier. Except perhaps those at the top of society whose happiness depends on all these views.

Sadly humanity has failed in this. But that's ok, maybe we are eternal beings and have to go through centuries of suffering, be reborn on some other planet and have some faint memory of this mess to prevent us from doing it again.
edit on 12/1/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join