It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling old today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I went to get a haircut today. I took some pics on what I wanted the cut to look like. I am getting tired of saying tapered and they always giving white walls. Anyway when I got there The haircut was fine but the lady did not recognize the pictures. When I told her that the first was Humphrey Bogart, she told me she had never heard of him. I said surly you recognize the second picture. No I have never seen him either. I told her it was John Wayne. She told me that “I heard of him but never seen him before. I am only 27.” Ok 27 years and never seen John Wayne, I must be ancient. Does anyone else here feel old and the new Generation is missing so much “common knowledge”?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by remembering

The only thing about common sense (or knowledge) is that it's not common.

Thats all there is to say really...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Different up-bringing equals different role models. Maybe we should all know who these people are but it's the mindset we are brought up in that leads us to different paths.

Coincidentally today is my birthday
I am 21 years young!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MSSVBSS
Different up-bringing equals different role models. Maybe we should all know who these people are but it's the mindset we are brought up in that leads us to different paths.

I am 21 years young!

Happy Birthday!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Much Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MSSVBSS

I am 21 years young!

Today is my birthday too!

20 years young

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Happy Birthday mate!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm 24, and I know who Humphrey Bogart and John Wayne are by sight and by name. You shouldn't feel old at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MSSVBSS

Happy Birthday, hope you have a good one.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by remembering

Know what you mean. l spoke to two people on seperate occasions today. The first one l mentioned how awful it is that all the birds are dying and the fish, she looked at me and said, "oh, dont worry yourself, if they had'nt have died the cats would have killed them anyway," the second was my neighbour. l tried to tell her about the terrible floods in australia.l told her that a quarter of Aus was having severe floods, l got, "well its not always sunny everyday, they do get rain sometimes you know. Got to the shop bought a pack of much needed smokes only to be told by the shopkeeper "you do realise these will end up killing you dont you." So, here l am back in my alternate reality comfort zone feeling very old and out of touch with the crazy world out there.
Peace starchild.

new topics

top topics

join