It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin blamed by the US Secret Service over death threats against Barack Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I read it. i understood what you were responding to.
I stand by my statement ... dozens of fans? Don't flatter yourself.

You seem really proud of yourself for someone who has no clue what they read. If you actually read my posts, including the one explaining this to you already, you would see that "dozens of fans" was a joke in the face of someone else trying to tell me that I had followers after I claimed that I had NONE. Your reading skills could use some sharpening if you are going to wander about casting personal dispersions in such a manner. I am not sure how much simpler I can make it to you but my entire premise was that I do not even have one fan but it was argued that I was wrong and I was told I had power and followers in the hundreds of thousands. So.. again. I feel no one is a fan or a follower of Sinnthia. You did not get it. If you have a problem with the concept of me having any followers, take it up with the asshat trying to hold me responsible as the voice of a nation because of my lowly posts on ATS. The ignorance people sit upon in order to toss out their personal insults is astonishing. Anyone that can read English and comprehend got that I was arguing that I had 0 followers. I finally gave in and said fine, you say I have power and followers then I am sure there must be dozens ha ha ha ha ha. Jesus you are dense.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Hardly. Just have you "pegged".

Even though you are consistently wrong? You cannot even admit that you were wrong about me editing that post, the one with no edits. You still think I wrote a word I never wrote, lied about it, edited it out, got the mods to cover my edit and you are a good judge of character eh?

The reality is that you got caught - along with many others here - trying to using this tragedy to continue your attacks on Palin and other conservatives.

When did that happen exactly? Is this another post I "must have edited?" Can you show me something or are you just tossing crap and hoping something sticks?

Then when the spotlight was shined on you exposing your terrible cynicism, you tried the old liberal tactic of trying to squirm out of it by saying things like "that's not exactly what I said", and "that's not exactly what I meant", etc., when your meaning was quite clear. Others even responded to you and gave your posts a few stars. In other words, they got your meaning, as well.

Quote me. Back any of this up with my own words. Otherwise, stop lying.

If you really believe all the BS you've been spouting, at least have the courage to stand behind your words.
edit on 1/12/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

I do stand behind my words as they have not shifted one bit. You have lied twice now in this thread. How do you suppose that helps your credibility when you make claims about me with no quotes? You are just saying things. You are a liar and little else. If that is the best you can do to make your argument then I am more than happy to have it sit here for all to see.

Making up things about me all through this thread just to make what point?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

This thread should put an end to the assertions you and others here have made regarding Palin's role in somehow "influencing" the shooter to commit these horrific crimes.

Next ...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

This thread should put an end to the assertions you and others here have made regarding Palin's role in somehow "influencing" the shooter to commit these horrific crimes.

Next ...

You have shot your credibility through the basement today with nothing but lies about me. You accuse me of saying things I never said and when I ask for quotes you run off. Please show me where I ever blamed Palin for influencing this shooter. A real man would admit when he is wrong instead of just repeating the error over and over and over.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Next ...

You have shot your credibility through the basement today with nothing but lies about me. You accuse me of saying things I never said and when I ask for quotes you run off. Please show me where I ever blamed Palin for influencing this shooter. A real man would admit when he is wrong instead of just repeating the error over and over and over.

Really? It took only a few seconds to find this quote by you:

reply to post by deanyo

On the contrary, I feel this only serves to highlight that for years now people have been saying that Palin's words are dangerous. All the people rushing out to defend her in light of recent events are doing an amazing job of missing the fact that this is not a new complaint against Palin. I guess we all just want to wait until someone does shoot someone in her name before she learns to talk like a grownup.

Asked and answered. Your meaning was quite clear. "Palin's words are dangerous" and "not a new complaint against Palin". There is only one way to interpret what you said.

Good advice for you going forward: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

Now let's move on to more relevant facts ...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Asked and answered.

Good advice for you going forward: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

Now let's move on to more relevant facts ...

You are really going to need to underline where I said Palin was responsible for the shooting because I do not see it in that quote.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Asked and answered. Your meaning was quite clear. "Palin's words are dangerous" and "not a new complaint against Palin". There is only one way to interpret what you said.

Really? Please do explain how you extrapolate one from the other. I do indeed feel that Palin's words are dangerous. That has nothing to do with this kid shooting the congresswoman and does not even hint at anything remotely close. Can you read? Even traditionaldrummer was able to admit to the same mistake you made before that you refuse to admit. I am not sure you are understanding basic English words. The very fact that the victim of this shooting said that Palin's words were dangerous proves exactly what I said. This is not a new complaint. I still feel, as do others, her words are dangerous. I have also explicitly state several times that I do not feel she had anything to do with this shooting though.

You have blatantly lied 3 times in just this thread. Ready to admit it and we can call them "mistakes" or do you want to keep digging?

edit on 12-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I really do not know how to make this any more clear to you.

reply to post by deanyo

On the contrary, I feel this only serves to highlight that for years now people have been saying that Palin's words are dangerous. All the people rushing out to defend her in light of recent events are doing an amazing job of missing the fact that this is not a new complaint against Palin. I guess we all just want to wait until someone does shoot someone in her name before she learns to talk like a grownup.

You picked a really bad quote to make your case with as it actually says the exact opposite of what you claim I said. Give up.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I really do not know how to make this any more clear to you.

reply to post by deanyo

You picked a really bad quote to make your case with as it actually says the exact opposite of what you claim I said. Give up.

And on another thread responding to ATS moderator projectvxn you were defending the Huffington Post, which did specifically try to put the blame on Palin. What I also found out scanning through the search is that you must be the most misunderstood person here on ATS. I saw several instances of you claiming not to have said or meant something - as you are now doing here on this thread. That makes the common denominator in this discussion you and not me.

Done . There are too many other issues of far more importance than your silly attempts at "reputation defense" going on now that demand our attention.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

And on another thread responding to ATS moderator projectvxn you were defending the Huffington Post, which did specifically try to put the blame on Palin. What I also found out scanning through the search is that you must be the most misunderstood person here on ATS. I saw several instances of you claiming not to have said or meant something - as you are now doing here on this thread. That makes the common denominator in this discussion you and not me.

Yeah except not even Prjecvxn thought I was defending the huffington post so you got that all kinds of wrong. If you actually read that thread you will also find there were people that knew exactly what I was talking about but you did not use them as examples, did you? There was a missunderstanding there but you did not even get what that was about correct. People should not drink and post.

Done . There are too many other issues of far more importance than your silly attempts at "reputation defense" going on now that demand our attention.

That is your copout? You lie about me 3 times and when you fail to find anything to back any of them up, suddenly you have more important issues to deal with? I cannot wait to see your next post. It will be amazing no doubt. If you are going to have to stalk my posts to try and find something to back up your accusations and you still cannot do it, that should tell you something. Just admit you were wrong all 3 times and be a man. You are not a liar and a coward are you?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Secret Service is non-partisan. If they claim Sarah Palin's rhetoric is causing an increase in death threats, then that's that.

She's vile and toxic.

She doesn't even have the courage to apologize to the family of Giffords for her rhetoric, or the ads on her Web site that juxtaposed M-16's with her name and the word "shoot".

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

That is your copout?

Hardly.

I have simply decided to no longer help you in deflecting this thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

That is your copout?

Hardly.

I have simply decided to no longer help you in deflecting this thread.

I guess the value of your posts is clear.

If you really believe all the BS you've been spouting, at least have the courage to stand behind your words

Is that how you do things around here? You tell blatant and obvious lies about other posters and when asked to back them up, you call it derailing? Aren't there rules on ATS about posting lies about other posters? Just going to let them all sit there without apologizing for them? That says a lot. Luckily it is quite clear I am not the only one seeing through this.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It seems to me that political side will stoop to any level to discredit their opposition regardless of whether the facts are correct or even believable. I have no doubt that the threats were made but I would imagine that a lot of other factors played a part in the threats, not just the ramblings of Palin.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's perfectly logical consequence, People who speak the way she does, particularly people with a platform that extends to many (leaders, pundits, newcasters, anyone with a large audience) should know that this type of thing is a very real and very serious risk and should think through what all the potential consequences are...intended or not. And if the still choose to speak this way, they should be prepared to take responsibility for the results of their actions.
edit on 1/12/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Palin: Obama pals around with terrorists

Palin began the campaign by painting her political opponent as a very literal enemy of the state. That is not an appropriate use of your platform in American politics. She painted him as someone guilty of treason. Couple that with the birther rumors and all the gun talk and Palin has more than made her own bed here. Now that she has taken today to cry about what a victim she is in all this while comparing it to genocide justifications, I think she has all but forfeited any forthcoming apology for any assigned blame.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
God. I think Palin's supporters are even more defensive than her. Say anything remotely negative about her you will get these words: Leftist, liberal, lamestream media, etc. So EMOTIONAL. Argh! Fierce! I love it!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
seems this is just another attempt to divide and copnquer,,, instead of being mad at gov't and both sides,,,,, this will divide us,,,, and sheeple will totally fall for it,,, while gov't continues as usual

we're so busy fighting for party,,,, the real enemy continues to profit and win

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Luckily it is quite clear I am not the only one seeing through this.

You're right. Judging by the star on your post, there are two of you - you and one other as I write this.

Suggestion for you: Try reading some of the threads about Obama's speech last night. Maybe even the one I started ...

Later.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Palin: Obama pals around with terrorists

Palin began the campaign by painting her political opponent as a very literal enemy of the state. That is not an appropriate use of your platform in American politics. She painted him as someone guilty of treason. Couple that with the birther rumors and all the gun talk and Palin has more than made her own bed here. Now that she has taken today to cry about what a victim she is in all this while comparing it to genocide justifications, I think she has all but forfeited any forthcoming apology for any assigned blame.

Let me reply to you with something I replied to Benevolent Heretic with. BTW, she and I have sometimes been quite bitter opponents over the years. Somehow don't think that will continue. But anyway, stop and think about what I'm saying below. What's the point of attacking and defending in the name of people who don't know and don't care?

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I am ashamed to say that I failed here. Terribly. And now, reading it, I will correct that behavior immediately.

Ditto ...

Tired of attacking people who would never know I was attacking them, or give a ratz azz even if they did.

And also tired of defending other people who would never know I was defending them, or give a ratz azz even if they did.

When you think of how many of the posts here, and that's all they are ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join