It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are "Progressives" and Democrats more prone to violence than those in other political groups?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

FALSE! He was registered as an independent.

Then WHY does Fox news and all the other right wing sources so adamantly call him a left wing pothead?
And his statements like this?

Does this sound liberal to you? It doesn't to me.....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by bozzchem

Interesting... In 2006, this form shows him as a Republican. Where's the form that shows he was an Independent?

Ah, 2006...like it was yesterday.

I too was once registered as a Republican. Once I realized the left/right thing was BS, I changed my registration to Independent.

link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I see that thanks..

That was covered too.

link   
I agree that indeed there are crazies on both sides of the fence, but this mass killing in AZ isnt even connected to any political sentiment, this was a nut, and those who are trying to make this political only seek to use this terrible event to remove more of our freedoms including the freedom of speech through new legislation.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Rockstrongo37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Understand now?

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
An interesting read to add to your "objectivity"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The source in the OP is about the most biased right wing loon you can find. This post offered to add an alternative voice to that "objectivity." I just do not understand why you would be so quick to jump on huffpo as not objective, when it was never stated that it was, but had no issue the extreme bias of the OP source. Thanks for being quite rude in response but it seems to me, you did not read what you were responding to.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Sounds like a nutjob to me...

Why are we still trying to blame politics for this nut?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If we had such a thing as a "honest media" it would be a simple matter to answer that question.
However since all media has some form of their own agenda we are not able to tell.
Using simple logic one would say the answer is yes because if you look and see which sites are scrubbing certain past posts where they were supporting or saying something completely opposite , It seems just one sides supporters are having to rewrite what they believed in previously and not today.
Personalty since the past couple of elections I see more hate coming from people who voted Dem than anything else here.

niv

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
His beliefs are decidedly not Republican or conservative. For example, he's a 911 Truther. I don't know if he is liberal or a Democrat but he isn't on the right. In any event it really doesn't matter.
edit on 1/11/2011 by niv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
He doesn't sound liberal or conservative to me, he sounds insane.
His political party matters NOT in this issue because it wasn't political, as far as we know.

But where's your source that he's an Independent? Here's what I found online:

Washington Post

Loughner registered to vote on Sept. 29, 2006, identifying himself as an independent. Records show he voted in the 2006 and 2008 elections but is current listed as "inactive" on the state's voter roles -- meaning that he did not vote in November.

Now, where is your source?

link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Then WHY does Fox news and all the other right wing sources so adamantly call him a left wing pothead?
And his statements like this?

Does this sound liberal to you? It doesn't to me.....

Faux News or any other source will call him what fits their agenda. Can you not see beyond the curtain or are you stuck in the false left/right paradigm with your side chosen and your intent to argue for it regardless?

I don't see him as left or right wing. I see him as someone who lost his grip on reality and proceeded to act as his scrambled mind directed him.

link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

What part of "I'm not unbiased" did you not get?

Secondly, my reply was not to the OP it was to speculativeoptimist who answered my question...

So what are you not getting here?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Washington Post - Jared Lee Loughner was a registered independent, didn't vote in 2010 election

Suspected Tucson gunman Jared Lee Loughner registered as an independent voter in Arizona in the fall of 2006, according to the Pima County Registrar of Voters.

Loughner registered to vote on Sept. 29, 2006, identifying himself as an independent. Records show he voted in the 2006 and 2008 elections but is current listed as "inactive" on the state's voter roles -- meaning that he did not vote in November.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The left owns violence in this country. In fact, in this latest shooting the bad guy has been described as "a left wing pothead." yet people want to blame Sarah Palin???? If you look historically the answer is a resounding Yes. Bill Ayers, Obama's Progressive buddy, bombed the pentagon as a member of the Weathermen. Examples:

* Malcom X and the Nation of Islam
* Eldridge Cleaver: "Rape is an insurrectionary act."
* William Ayers "Guilty as hell and free as a bird."
* Cornell Univ, 1969, seized by Black radicals
* "Days of Rage" riots 1969
* Democratic convention, 1968
* U Wisconsin bombed by leftist radicals 1970
* Simbionese Liberation Army bank robberies at gunpoint
* Leftist Sarah Jane Moore troes to shoor Ford
* Squeaky Fromme, ditto
* Congressman Leo Ryan killed by leftist Jonestown cult
* Puerto Rico terrorist group FALN
* Susan Rosenberg, killed two cops
* WTO riots in Seattle, 1999

The "Civil Unrest" in this country has been promoted by leftists for the last forty years at least. Now that the Progressives are in power they deem anything the least bit anti-government to be "seditious," but if you look at the history of their operations, they have been engaged in seditious behavior for decades. In the 60's the SDS came out with a statement from Port Huron which effectively stated that SDS would provoke the government to respond with force so they could show the government responds by force.

The left is all about violence when they want to promote their agenda and all about squashing all resistance when people don't want to implement their strategies for dominance.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Same source I posted. It says Independent without any evidence. Why didn't they print the form? I posted the form from the elections office on page one. Which one is right?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Why are we still trying to blame politics for this nut?

Because the OP and all of the right wing pundits keep dragging politics into it with the hypocritical blame game.
And because of statements like this:

Are "Progressives" and Democrats more prone to violence than those in other political groups?

Check this out:the first segment of the show at 2:05....geez, and it comes from both sides
www.colbertnation.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

He doesn't sound liberal or conservative to me, he sounds insane.
His political party matters NOT in this issue because it wasn't political, as far as we know.

But where's your source that he's an Independent? Here's what I found online:

Washington Post

Now, where is your source?

I have seen this: Loughner Republican

Now I'm guessing you'll state that your source is more reputable?

Hell, I called myself a Libertarian while registered as a Republican...not that it matters. It does show that what my voter card said didn't match my political ideals.

edit on 11-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here is the proof that this nutjob was registered independent:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5cfc6093e80.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Accused Arizona gunman Jared Lee Loughner was not registered to any political party, and in fact hand wrote "independent" on two separate voter forms, county officials said Monday.

Pima County, Arizona, Registrar of Voters Chris Roads said Loughner registered to vote on September 26, 2006. Voters are not required to list a political party, but are instructed to write at least the first three letters of any party they want to be affiliated with. The state of Arizona recognizes dozens of affiliations.

Records obtained by CNN show Loughner chose to write IND on one form, and independent (misspelled) on the second form.

Roads said Loughner voted in the general elections in 2006 and 2008, but did not vote in 2010. The county lists his voter status as inactive after mail sent to his address was twice returned as undeliverable.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by NichirasuKenshin

Let's see. Here is a list of terrorist attacks committed by RW loons since the OC bombings in the US.

www.splcenter.org...

If there were ever a less reputable source than what you've provided, it could only be the ADL.

You can find the same list from other sources. It's just the most comprehensive. Care to dispute any one of the incidents listed on that link?

Or is all you got blanket denial?

Granted - such criticism may be warranted if I would have linked to an opinion-piece from SPL. But this is simply a list of terrorist attacks which have a pretty clear RW-background.

Tell me when you've found something illegit in that list and I'll start considering if you may have a point.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by makeitso

Same source I posted. It says Independent without any evidence. Why didn't they print the form? I posted the form from the elections office on page one. Which one is right?

They didn't print the form because you can't get that form from there without his Voter I.D. or Drivers license #.

Try it.
voter.azsos.gov...

Thats why the quoted the registrar instead of showing an image.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Can you not see beyond the curtain or are you stuck in the false left/right paradigm with your side chosen and your intent to argue for it regardless?

Yes I can and that is why I responded in this thread to the one who is trying to assign this tragedy to the left.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join