It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interactive Map of UFO Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Not seen this posted yet. 15 years and 30,000 UFO sightings collected by the NUFORC.

I think the second map is of most value. It runs through week-by-week since 1995 and also gives information about the specific type of sighting.

www.slate.com...

Interesting to see the significant increase in certain types of sighting such as 'Triangle or Cone' and 'Circle or sphere'.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'd like to see an overlay of all the military bases in the U.S. Personally, I think that there would probably be a pretty high correlation between the location of the bases and the density of the people who've seen a UFO.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

S&F my friend; I really like the sightings/100,000 by city map near the bottom of that page. Very nioce.
edit on 11-1-2011 by igigi because: Antikythera mechanism

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
very nice find i like it F&S the only thing thats weird well i think it is it might not be theres not many sightings in and around the nevada area

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Would love to see one of Europe, does anyone know if such a map exists?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
S+F Thanks Fox!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Hmmm you would think but I live in Hampton Virginia, I am near Langley AFB (less than a mile) NAS Oceana (15 miles) Norfolk Naval Air Station (10 miles) Fort Eustis (10 miles) Norfok Amphib Base (10 Miles) Ft Monroe (less than 1 mile) and according to this map this area is in the 8-10 sightings per 100,0000. There seems to be a lot more out west but the counties are also much larger out west. In my area there are dozens of counties reporting 8-10 per 100K so may be more if you average the region instead of the county,

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I wonder how many of these are just sleep deprived people...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Thanks for this.

There is one glaring fact though. There are simply most sightings where there are most people. The facility to look at how different types of sighting change year on year is cool though.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
Would love to see one of Europe, does anyone know if such a map exists?

Here is a map for Mass UFO sightings, the white dots indicate where a sighting has been reported.
Sadly for me... there aren't a whole bunch in Ireland

When am I gonna get lucky and see one!! Grrr!

www.ufoevidence.org...

Not exactly the best of maps, anyway, I hope this helps in some way.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
very interesting map .....i wonder if this is ongoing ??

top topics

join