It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the basic food humans need to survive?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I was under the impression that this had to do more with massive increase in technology that dramatically reduced the under-5 mortality rate and death in childbirth than anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My grandson ,who is 12 has survived on potatoes. We all were very worried that he would not be healthy when he gets older. We have tried everything to change his diet. The school even tried to train him to eat something else. Even tried not giving him potatoes and have him eat something else. Didnot work. He would start throwing up. When he is here with me, he will start gagging when I cook cabbage, have kraut on the table, boiled eggs and the list goes on and on. He will drink milk..doesn't like chocolate milk. And he will eat bread and ketchup.. The only fruit he will eat is a banana. he will not eat any meat at all. Does like peanut butter and soda crackers. Does not like any candy but a Hersey bar..without the almonds. Likes roasted peanuts. He does take vitamins.
He is healthy and his blood work shows his iron level is normal. So That is One for the potato.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Well that is good to know. I personally prefer Orange Juice

Still need your D, E, and B vitamins though. And likely others as well.

If survival is the goal, it needs to be carefully planned for maximum nutrition content. The human body gets tired of eating the same thing over and over again as well. So that needs to be taken into consideration.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

The human body gets tired of eating the same thing?
Perhaps, interesting.
I would have thought it grows more tolerant and efficient in using some things.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I heard a story about a young man. He was riding on a freight train.
Some how he got locked into a box car. He was in the box 45 days, the only
thing he had to eat was peanut butter.
Thanks you, for the thread. Made me get out the Peanut Butter to see what was
in it.
18 oz Jar of Jif crunchy peanut butter
Calories 190
Fat Calories 130
For me, coffee and toast with peanut butter on. The fast and easy breakfast, most
of my mornings.

Peanut butter would be my choice.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

My answer to the question in the topic of this thread:

Green Soilent

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 19rn50

And what to drink?

Any water or juice?

The body needs juice at least to go with the PB, juice has some water in it. Otherwise all the food in the world doesn't mean squat. Cause dying of dehydration is still a possibility.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
hemp
the most nutritionally dense natural food there is.

Not true. Liver is.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You are what you eat.

If you take a healthy animal and remove everything that isnt toxic or a filter for toxins - eat the rest - all of it.

You will be a reflection of that animals health.

Eat organic, free range healthy animals - your health will soar.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

Originally posted by Danbones
hemp
the most nutritionally dense natural food there is.

Not true. Liver is.

... with some nice Chianti and fava beans ("Silence of the lambs")

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

During our lunch my mum told me that in the after-War years many kids had anemia.
Her sister was prescribed liver by a doctor.
Apparently she enjoyed it (needed it) so much that she ate it raw.
Nobody even considered that strange back then.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I know the body does, I have experience in that area.

I ate the same stuff for about 2 months and felt if I ate anymore of it I would throw it up. Thankfully I don't have to do that anymore. It was a time in my life when I was pretty much flat broke is why.

The body needs and loves the variety. I have not a clue why, it is just an is thing. You can try doing it for a week or two and you might notice the feeling I am talking about.

I believe the body also needs a combination of Greens. I think one really good green food is Blue Green Algae, which has a lot of interesting beneficial properties, that I think should be consumed daily. It also is a dried additive to put in smoothies so it should be able to be stored for quiet a while.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My girlfriend had a friend that tried to live off of cookies and he got scurvy after 2 weeks. lol

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

No ways, are you serious?
Somebody actually gave themselves scurvy???

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
1. Bread
2. Beans
3. Rice
At least 5 cans of Guiness every day.
No problem with surviving.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
1. Bread
2. Beans
3. Rice
At least 5 cans of Guiness every day.
No problem with surviving.

That will give you flatulence. Then again, you can use it as natural gas.
Survival, man.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

The story was only what he had to eat. I would guess, jumping freight trains.
He would not be carry more then a gallon jug of water. I would guess, at some
point he drank his own urine.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Ben Franklin was in his 80s when he signed the Constitution. You're thinking of the Middle Ages, maybe? (Although many aboriginal cultures had "old ones" in spite of very limited; & not necessarily healthy diets) I think sanitary conditions contribute (as an external factor) more to longevity than what we eat (though it's bound to contribute).
My bet is on genetics.

Everyone knows that the essential element in our diets is chocolate.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by mayabong

No ways, are you serious?
Somebody actually gave themselves scurvy???

A more accurate description would be anemia - Severe lack of red blood cells in the body.

All these vegetarians, raw food dorks think its cute to change everything over night to lose a few points.

Yeah that weight you just lost? Its called stability of the field. Unless you transition slowly from one diet to another, your body will not extract the nutrients or digest it efficiently.

My wife had a patient who came to see her, one of her complaints was a sore jaw. She ended up being a vegetarian for the past 2 years, when my wife looked at her tongue and gums they were incredibly pale. She was instructed to go see a dentist to check her teeth and jaw.

The dentist said her teeth were dead, and beginning the process of falling out, one by one. So the dentist removed all her teeth, yes beautiful well brushed, cavity free, dead teeth. (She is 35) from her pretty little face and made her a set of dentures.

Still think that vegan diet is cool? Like drinking those puree vegetables?

You may be killing yourself or just telling your body - Hey, I dont need teeth, and im gonna feed you what "I THINK" you need, instead of what..well..You need.

Balance is the key, there is no superior diet.

Eat your meat, eat your grains, eat your vegetables - All of which in as much variety as possible.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser
Slim Jims, Pringles, Peanut Butter.
Unopened, they will last for a very long time without going bad in virtually any climate. Between the three you have high protein, high fat content which is important, and carbohydrates.

aaaahhhhh

not even close

I'd say M&Ms, Snickers, Butterfingers & Pepsi.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join