It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nepoleon Hills Experience - The Watchers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wow I ran across this and thought it was so powerful and wanted to share it. Talk about a guide to life and enlightenment! Many of you have probably heard of Nepoleon Hill. He wrote the famous book "Think and Grow Rich" This is an excerpt from another book he wrote and if one patterned thier life with just this little tidbit at the end of the book and the list of things to overcome they would be far ahead of most.

NAPOLEON HILL's EXPERIENCE

Through the, Jungle of Life with unseen watchers. You know this book has been nearly seventy years in the making. I have intimated, too, that in those decades I did not know I would write a book which equates wealth with peace of mind, but somehow felt I would. Obviously I could not write it as a young man nor even as a fifty-year-old man, for I had not gathered the necessary experience. Obviously I could not write it, either, until I had learned well, and tested, thoroughly, every bit of advice I give. That advice has been tested in many lives besides my own, and the stories I tell brim with life lessons you will learn for yourself - which is the best way to learn them.

Now and again I have had evidence that unseen friends hover about me, unknowable to ordinary senses. In my studies I discovered there is a group of strange beings who maintain a school of wisdom which must be ten thousand years old, but I did not connect them with myself. Now I have found there is a connection. I am not one of them! - but I have been watched by them. Here is how I found it out.

I finished this book. And then ... One day I knew the time had come to write this book. Perhaps the brief illness I had at that time, during which I outlined the book, was planned by those others to draw my mind away from day-to-day affairs. I wrote the book, enjoying it as one always enjoys a labor of love. It took a number of months, during which I felt highly alive and happy.

I completed the last chapter and still sat before my typewriter, musing on what I had written. Ultimately, nothing matters, I thought-yet it is good to have achieved that which the mind has conceived for so long a time. I was alone in my study and all was very still.

A voice spoke. I saw nobody. I cannot tell you whence the voice came. First it spoke a password known to few men, that riveted my attention.

"I have come," said the voice, "to give you one more section to include in your book. In writing this section you may cause some readers to disbelieve you, yet you will write honestly and many will believe and be benefited. The world has been given many philosophies by which men are prepared for death, but you have been chosen to give mankind a philosophy by which men are prepared for happy living."

I whispered: "Who are you?"...

Read the rest here

edit on 11-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here is the list of enemies to be conquered but go to the article and read the reasons why. I was stunned when I read it. Talk about sobering! Very Powerful!

We are being watched and helped by fellow travellers that are farther along the path then us. And that is a comforting thought. I have printed the list and put a copy in my wallet to refer to regularly. This just struck a strong chord with me...

FEAR
GREED
INTOLERANCE
EGOTISM
LUST ANGER
HATRED
JEALOUSY
IMPATIENCE
CRUELTY
MERCILESSNESS
INJUSTICE
SLANDER
GOSSIP
UNDEPENDABILITY
DISHONESTY
DISLOYALTY
REVENGE
DECEIT
FALSEHOOD
INSINCERITY
VANITY
WORRY
ENVY
HYPOCHONDRIA
INDECISION

Read the Whole Article Here

edit on 11-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Awsome!

S&F

Will study this and try to "grok" of it most fully. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
S & F!

Fantastic!

I read "Think and Grow Rich" 30 years ago, and it has influenced me (of couse).

It is amazing to see this other info I had no idea was out there.

Not sure what to make of it, but I will be looking into it more, for sure!

JR

top topics

join