It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Creates Subcommittee To Study Gold as an Alternative in Case of Economic Breakdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Virginia Creates Subcommittee To Study Gold as an Alternative in Case of Economic Breakdown

www.zerohedge.com...

In what may one day be heralded as the formal proposal that proverbially started it all, the Commonwealth of Virginia introduced House Resolution No. 557 to establish a joint subcommittee to "to study whether the Commonwealth should adopt a currency to serve as an alternative to the currency distributed by the Federal Reserve System in the event of a major breakdown of the Federal Reserve System."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

lis.virginia.gov...

edit on 11-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: bad link

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is exactly what every state of the Union, and in fact other countries, should be doing. Most of you have seen documents from global elite groups and how they have been planning to create this type of economic crisis to usher in the One World Government as a solution to the world's problems.

Instead on relying on those who caused the economic crisis, we should be using some common sense and get our economies back.

In this case the commonwealth of Virginia at least has a plan "to establish a joint subcommittee to study whether the Commonwealth should adopt a currency to serve as an alternative to the currency distributed by the Federal Reserve System in the event of a major breakdown of the Federal Reserve System."

Gold is been viewed as an option. Let's hope they actually adopt this measure, and that all states adopt similar measures.

This is exactly what we need, but make no mistake, those who caused the economic crisis will try their best to stop such plans.

Below I have a direct link to the resolution. Let's hope they are able to implement it.

If they can start the ball rolling we might yet save what is left of our economies.

www.zerohedge.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: bad link

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Let's see how long it takes before the Fed is all over this trying to stomp it out.

Our state legislature seems to have some backbone and times, and then again it's so eat up with feds from so many agencies, even if just from proximity to DC and its suburbs and buildings spilling across the border, that it's one of the worst police states in the country.

But maybe, like they say, "It's a long road to Richmond" (from DC)

edit on 11-1-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I really hope other states start doing this 'cause this is exactly what America needs.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I thought this sort of news would interest more members, but anyway, there is an update on this.

It seems that legislators in up to 10 states have introduced bills in which gold coins, and even silver, could be used as currency bills in the wake of the economic crisis, and the Feds most probably not wanting to solve this in a favorable way for U.S. citizens. After all, the Feds are a private institution passing off as a state institution and all they have in mind is gaining more power.

The following link also shows one of the sections of the U.S. Constitution, which among others the Feds, or rich banker elites, found ways to circunvent. This happened right after Woodrow Wilson decided to sign the Federal Reserve Act.

Legislators in at least ten states have introduced bills in the past few years to allow state commerce to be conducted with gold and silver.

As we reported, Georgia state Rep. Bobby Franklin (R) recently reintroduced legislation to force his state to conduct all monetary transactions with U.S. gold or silver coins -- including the payment of taxes.

The Georgia bill has a long way to go before become law -- but it's by no means the only state that's considering a future in gold. Lawmakers in Montana, Missouri, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Utah, and Washington have proposed legislation, mostly in 2009, to include gold and silver in its accepted currency forms.

Constitutionaltender.com, a site dedicated to tracking and promoting these bills, explains:

The United States Constitution declares, in Article I, Section 10, "No State shall... make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts". But, in fact, EVERY state in the United States of America DOES make some other "Thing" besides gold and silver coin a "Tender in Payment of Debts" -- some "Thing" called "Federal Reserve Notes." Thus the need for the "Constitutional Tender Act" -- a bill template that can be introduced in every state legislature in the nation, returning each of them to adherence to the United States Constitution's actual legal tender provisions.

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
BTW, for those interested here is the entire part in in U.S. Constitution to which they are referring in the link above.

Section 10 - Powers prohibited of States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

www.usconstitution.net...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Very awesome. An excellent choice if we don't choose to eliminate money altogether.

Still, I hope we do.

S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Awesome! I just caught this today.

Ironically I recieved a mass e-mail from VA.Senator Mark Warner yesterday (nothing about this topic) but I ended up replying with an e-mail about our out of control Fed. Gov. & what ever happened to State running the States instead of the Fed.?
I'll be spreading this around & also sending another e-mail to both Senators & my local Rep. in support. I watched the State address last night & VA. is still not backing down from the Healthcare debate also. Check out the stats on VA. unemployment,

www.bls.gov...

Then there's this kick in balls to corrupt Califoria;

Northrop Grumman Offices Moving to VA

www.myfoxla.com...

Not that VA. is perfect, but at least the State is holding it's own & why should we help to bail out Illinois & Cali.??

new topics

top topics

join