It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France is our biggest ally, declares Obama: President's blow to Special Relationship with Britain

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Who needs enemys when we have Obumme as a friend?
second line*

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lyrian
Who needs enemys when we have Obumme as a friend?
second line*

lool yeah they all remind me the southpark the super bests friends ^^

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ray Amuro

It certainly is the Great Game.. But you only have to look at the direction Europe is taking to really make a determination of what may be happening, while with a combination of UK and French Nuclear forces does give Europe it's own nuclear teeth.

The sale of the Mistrals to Russia also plays into that, people forget that both Spain and the Netherlands put in bids on the Russia contract to supply amphibs (losing out to France), So it's not France alone, and shows the change of direction is Europe wide..

Marry that into PAAMS (now deployed on UK, French and Italian Ships) and the other systems that Europe is developing, one could think that a European Army is being built up behind the scenes, the linchpin being the Military treaty between the 2 military halves of Europe (France and the UK) and I can't help but think that treaty must create concerns in the USA.

While on the sale of arms, Europe wants to relax the arms embargo on China, which Britain appears to be blocking at the moment (hence a couple of Pandas coming our way (my opinion))

All in all not a comfortable position for the USA to be in.. 2 up coming potential threats to it's power.. China and Europe, and France is central to keeping continental Europe on the side of the USA.

It is a great game, and who knows what direction it will take, or what will happen next.. but it certainly is an interesting time to be alive

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
LOL he should try just going into battle with the french lol they just give up to easily and does he not remember how outspoken they where about the war if i was prime minister i'd tell him to replace all english forces fighting his war with the french lol

edit on 14-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: spelling
Do you think the english would of ever surrendered are capital city the way they did to the nazi's
edit on 14-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: added content

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The only time his comment makes any sense is at a time of piece a time when you want croissant's, pasteries, snails and advice on striking. oh and baguette's

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
I honestly don't know what it is with Obama when it comes to the UK. So far, during his term he has committed a series of slights, and faux pas against the UK, its leadership and its people. They range from this to various snubs to the whole gift debacle. Honestly, I'm at a loss as to why. As far as I know the majority of the UK seemed to be in his corner during the election - at least from what I could tell from the msm.

In other words, I can't think of what the UK (or its people or leadership) could have done to him to deserve the treatment.

To those in UK - speaking only for myself, I'm as mystified by this as you are. I don't know if he is just dumb, naive or bears some kind of unfounded grudge. Anyway, speaking as US citizen - I have nothing against the French, but the UK is our biggest ally - Obama is wrong on this.
My sentiments exactly. I'm just a regular American housewife, btw. I pay attention and am aware of the sacrifices made by all our allies and the aid they give us so generously. I appreciate the good relationship we are currently enjoying with France and I hope it continues and strengthens. But I sit here absolutely embarrassed by our President's comments. I deeply appreciate all the good will extended to our people on this forum thread and the understanding shown to us. I don't fault anyone who is angered and blames all of us Americans. It's understandable and I'm just grateful the majority of you see past the official slap in the face to the gratitude of the real people of the U.S. Our leadership is just so out of touch and out of reach anymore. Unless you are rich and influential, that is.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDofENGLAND
LOL he should try just going into battle with the french lol they just give up to easily and does he not remember how outspoken they where about the war if i was prime minister i'd tell him to replace all english forces fighting his war with the french lol

edit on 14-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: spelling
Do you think the english would of ever surrendered are capital city the way they did to the nazi's
edit on 14-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: added content

come fight whit me then thats will be a pleasure to give you some mohay thay kicks in your face

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xaruto666

French are infamous at giving up and being little girls name one good french warrior not a leader(napoleon) a actual warrior as for your muay thai maybe if u spelt it right first that would help. The English have always owned france at any war do you realy think the nazi's could take London like they took paris I dont think so, every English man would of got killed before that happened. I can be proud of my roots as a Englishman can you honestly same the as a frenchman I doubt it

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDofENGLAND
reply to post by xaruto666

French are infamous at giving up and being little girls name one good french warrior not a leader(napoleon) a actual warrior as for your muay thai maybe if u spelt it right first that would help. The English have always owned france at any war do you realy think the nazi's could take London like they took paris I dont think so, every English man would of got killed before that happened. I can be proud of my roots as a Englishman can you honestly same the as a frenchman I doubt it

Well, I think that little thing called the channel may have had something to do with keeping the Germans from taking over London like they did with Paris. And if the English were so good at "owning" the French, btw, why are you guys not currently in charge of the place? Obviously, you Brits were not quite as good as you make yourselves out to be. It's funny seeing all of you get all pissy over this so-called slight from Obama though.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
France has an area of 674,843 sq. km. (260,558 sq. mi.)
Britain has an area of 243,610 sq. km. (94,060 sq. mi.)

Clearly, France is a bigger ally than Britain.

Go conquer some more territory then come back and see us! You guys are tiny!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
uuum, you Brits have a problem
Obama's REAL father was an Irish Catholic
the white house has decided that the queen looks toooo much more like gahdaffi
you are full of muslims ( well you complain that you are)
you have a certain amount of oil

and as was so astutely posted above
you are tiny

And France has hated you since for ever be cause you spoil their view of Ireland,
and you are in the way for a tunnel to Wales
and the US has most of its assets parked just down the street..
HeH HEh hEH

edit on 1-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Obama has been delivering calculated insults to Britain since day one of his fraudulent presidency - just what you would expect I suppose from a crypto-marxist usurper whose main goal is to bring the USA down as a superpower.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Ahhhhhh poor Broke Obumma didnt get invited to the royal wedding so hes got tosuck up to the slimey frogs .It dosnt suprse me that Obumma would say such things hes a smelly coward ailso

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JDofENGLAND

Here you go.

Free French Forces

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The level of racism on ATS never cease to amaze me

ATS members depicting themeselves as "open minded, free thinkers, civilized" hilarious... or pathetic..

whatever, French peoples at least dont believe blindly the gov

Halas, in the poor US of A we still think we're almighty, and its causing us some "illusion of grandeur", it might lead us to a real ruin...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Great, now we can kick US troops out of bases and listening posts and also the US nuclear arms out of the country too.

The US can move them to France.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Didn't read all 14 pages of this, maybe when I have more time.

I think the reason this stings with most Brits, is that Obama just came out and told the world that our Oldest enemy and strangely our sibling nation, is now their best friend.

To put this another way it's like a teenage with divorced parents, categorically stating that they prefer one to the other, when the now least liked parent, has always done everything they can, to support, and encourage and given much personal sacrifice, for the child. Yet the child rejects this and prefers the other parent who ignores and looks down at the child, but just happened to put the deposit down for their new apartment some years ago!

We had been at war with France for 1000 years, and only recently achieved the "entete cordiale" The Cordial Agreement. Hardly friendly is it. Indeed our national figure gesture insult, is aimed at the french. Our national anthem, had a verse dedicated to slaughtering the French. But in the end I guess we're just a bunch of bitter old Limeys and stuck up Rosbifs

We bugger ya Frogs and Yanks This father country can get itself a new mistress. Maybe a nice Eastern European one. and one that's not fake plastic, or has hairy armpits!
edit on 1/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Obama is remembering that France allowed the US to be independent from the UK...

But who gives a #.
edit on 1-5-2011 by ickylevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Does that mean we can stop calling them "freedom fries" now?

Dont be too hurt, being Americas best friend means you are selling out your own people to corporate interests. Clearly, Cameron was not as eager to bend over on some issue as Sarkozy was.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
And he is probably saying that regarding to new world order. Sarkozy has destroyed his country very well.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join