It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Such an odd feeling today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hi everyone, just logged into ATS for a short absence, im back today because of a feeling ive had all day.

I got to work at 8:30am, and i sat there and began to evaluate my life, which is a weird thing to do because im only 18, i sat there and said to myself "This isnt what i want out of life" I work in an office 9-5 and i cant imagine this being my life forever, and then out of nowhere something said in my head " I want to be rememberd for doing great things"

All ive been thinking about all day is finding some way i can help the progression of humankind.

Weird day indeed

edit on 1/11/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: MOD EDIT: to correct grammar in thread title (from "a" to "an")

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well pal, I feel your pain. I work in an office as well, and it's pretty much mind numbing pushing paper and dealing with the zombie general public all day long.

I used to think that eventually I would learn to "enjoy" my career, or at least just resign myself to my fate , and stop kicking and screaming. The truth is, the feeling you are decribing just grows day after day. With responsibilities and other people depending on me, there's no way out!

The only way I can deal with it is to do something for myself each day. I have other interests that keep me motivated. I look forward to the things that make me happy, and some balance is achieved.

If I were 18 again, and did not have any attachment, I would not make the same mistakes I made. I thought a career, a house, the proverbial white picket fence and a family were the ticket. It's a trap. A divorce, and losing everything brought me back to the beginning, and added a different slant to my perspective. Ten years later, and ten years wiser I suppose.

Now I don't have much, and it suits me well. My advice is to enjoy your life, be free (but responsible), and pursue your dreams.

Without your dreams, there's nothing worth living for, so figure it out and take the first step.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Very good thoughts to have at any time, but that you're having them now does have a particular relevance to events upcoming. You don't need to find a particular *thing* you want to do or be. What you need to discover now is your heart. There will be a lot of confusion and chaos in the coming year or so. Things will seem completely upside down, topsy-turvy, everything will seem untrue, surreal, dubious, like outright lies. The only way you will know what is true *for you alone* is to know your heart. It will light the way forward.

Things are going to change more than you can imagine right now. If ever there was a time to find yourself, this is it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
you're dialed in, this is great! not weird at all. synchronistic dates such as today 1/11/11 are times for manifesting the reality you want to see. people all over the world are using today to project positive visions of the future. you instinctively know this, your subconscious knows this, that is why you are having positive thoughts, to manifest a positive reality. if everyone does this, we will change the world. keep it up!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

At 18 I could only imagine having an office job. I'd be willing to give up certain body parts to get away from the stench of burger flipping, pissed off customers demanding no pickles, etc. I'd say you have it pretty good for your age.

Also, It's not unusual for someone fresh out of high school to "evaluate" their lives. Joining the work force is a lot like joining the herd which is a rotating and constant cycle of life which after high school becomes sleep/work/eat/sleep etc all to pay the bills, so that you can sleep/work/eat.
It can be scary to think of this cycle being the reality for the rest of your life. I remember thinking it myself, but there just isn't anything that can be done about it.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Follow your heart on these things. It may lead to difficulty, but it will be worth it. The greater the hurdle, the greater the spirit that conquers it.

It sounds as if its time for a change? Time to move forward, friend. You can do it

A personal note, the things you are doing are not as important as how you do them. One can find their peace (piece) in infinite places. It is your choice to follow the pull to things greater than yourself.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

All ive been thinking about all day is finding some way i can help the progression of humankind.

Beautifull!!!
Hold that thought!
Everything is gonna be just fine!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hi Hayden,

Good day. Seems you are having a vulnerable day really, one where your higher guides, or your higher consciousness is reaching down to give you some suggestions, it happens.

Perhaps you could sit down later and just write out a couple of lists to help you figure out what it is you are lacking in your daily life and what steps you can take to possibly reinvent yourself to become the you you were meant to be.

I would say if you begin with a list that states everything you admire about people or organizations which you think could be on the right track towards making life a better place to be and the world a better place to live.

What qualities do you have that could be developed or that you already have that could contribute to those people and or organizations?

Keep it simple and not too wordy, these are just footnotes to yourself to help bring these feeling into the material world.

Also. if there is a special place you love to go when feeling introspect, can you take time to go there today and just sit? No need to think when you are in this special place, just being can facilitate deep subconscious strengths which don't need thoughts to surface.

This is a great time for you to start creating the reality you chose to live, and that you feel the desire to serve the whole, that is even greater.

Best of luck to you and if I can be of help or guidance let me know.

top topics

join