It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Grabbing Congress Critters Come Out of Woodwork After Giffords Shooting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If we get punished for one loon out of the whole with a gun , then every time a politician messes up they should all get consequences.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterCrowley
It's the governments fault we have the problems we do today! The government wanting to make more laws AGAINST WE THE PEOPLE? No surprise. The government using a tragedy against the people? NO SURPRISE!
The government finally getting a little scared? YOU BET THEY ARE, and for good reason.
WE THE PEOPLE will not stand for tyranny!!

Order through Chaos

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
ban the guns...

kx

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Cool avatar.

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

What an incredibly divisive post. "Liberal half-witts"? You do realize that the Republican Leader is also introducing more gun control laws, don't you?:

Source

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by budski

We know.

There are people who want to get back to the Constitution, and the sentiment is growing.

Straying from the document as far as we have has taken a long time. We will not get back to it over night. It will take awhile to turn the ship around, unless a violent revolution is used (which I do not condone, but will not ignore).

The problem is getting people who think that they are free to realize that they have been duped. That is happening slowly but surely. ATS terms it as "waking up."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by budski

We know.

There are people who want to get back to the Constitution, and the sentiment is growing.

Straying from the document as far as we have has taken a long time. We will not get back to it over night. It will take awhile to turn the ship around, unless a violent revolution is used (which I do not condone, but will not ignore).

The problem is getting people who think that they are free to realize that they have been duped. That is happening slowly but surely. ATS terms it as "waking up."

There have always been movements - and they have been labelled as all sorts of different things, from patriots to terrorists.

there is no easy answer, and no quick fix - but while people have their eyes open, there is always a chance.

Think again on the definition of Liberal, and you will see that you and I are not so very far apart - it's how we see things at this moment in time that differs.

The people that would deny you your freedom are cackling with glee at this latest argument of 2nd amendment rights - while they rape all your other rights because they have successfully made you look the wrong way.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I'm sorry, but I had to jump in and post this although I haven't read the thread.... You are saying that these rights are "god given?" ... That is absurd. Patently false.
Did God tell you that he gave you these rights? Who told you God gave you these rights?

Good grief man! I support the "right" to bear arms myself, but it makes no sense to say that I support it as a "right" granted by God. It was written into the constitution by the founding fathers. Not a divine being.
And they aren't real "rights" either. They are privileges at best. The Government can and WILL remove your so called "rights" if you aren't vigilant in defending them... (and no, you don't defend these privileges with the guns they are trying to remove, it's called self governance... en masse)...

It's like what George Carlin said... If these are "rights" then why do we have ten (that later had to be amended 14 times) and the British have more? Does god segregate rights according to geographical location? If God was responsible for the "rights" we have as citizens, he would make sure we were given the RIGHT to food every day. To a roof over our heads. To clean drinking water.... Not your ability to pack a pistol.

And I say this as a gun supporter.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeligActually yes law abiding citizens will hand over their firearms in droves because if the 2nd amendment were to be theoretically removed then its no longer legal to possess firearms, thus the majority of firearms owners would do the right thing and hand them over because the law is the law; even if you don't agree with it you still have to follow it or face the consequences. I wouldn't like to be put in such a situation but if the law states it as such then I have no recourse but to comply with the law, no matter how stupid or moronic it may be.

Maybe some would many would not;

I don't think that the military or law enforcement would actually carry the confiscation through.

I would not give up mine; I would probably put them in a cache somewhere and wait it out if there was no open rebellion.

If there were open insurrection...well I'll leave that to your imagination.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

3rd, what affects your country affects us here - plus this is a discussion board, and I'll discuss whatever the hell I want to.

Blah blah blah.

Your government plans to put cameras in peoples homes to spy on them.

Enjoy your pitiful idea of freedom, subject.
edit on 11-1-2011 by GeneralAwesome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

You made an excellent point about the other shootings. Exactly where were these people when all the other incidents occured? Why was their voice not heard then? They should have been screaming loud and long from the rooftops before this. I guess because it was a member of congress and a federal judge that got killed and it made headlines all over, they feel they now have a platform on which to stand. Would it be the same if the judge and representative hadn't been there and it was just the other four victims? I doubt that it would. But that's my opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

You have to admit though, if Laughner hadn't have had access to firearms then this incident would not have occurred.

Just saying.....

Wrong, if loughner wouldn't have had access to guns, he would've grabbed an axe and there wouldn't be as many survivors. It is much easier to kill with an axe than a gun.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I'm an Aussie mate, I couldn't give a rats rectum what rights Americans do or do not have. All I know is that here in Australia you need a bloody good reason to own a gun - for instance pest control or farming etc. Very rarely do we get reports of people being killed by guns here. Knives - yes, but in your case I highly doubt the bloke would have been able to kill 6 people and wound many others with just a knife.

And planting a bomb and blowing them up is a whole different ballgame to inserting a magazine and squeezing the trigger.

You don't give a "rats rectum" about your fellow humans freedoms and rights? how sad..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralAwesome

Originally posted by budski

3rd, what affects your country affects us here - plus this is a discussion board, and I'll discuss whatever the hell I want to.

Blah blah blah.

Your government plans to put cameras in peoples homes to spy on them.

Enjoy your pitiful idea of freedom, subject.
edit on 11-1-2011 by GeneralAwesome because: (no reason given)

Do they really?

or have you been reading the red tops again...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by budski

I called you a liberal?

And I understand, as many others do, that you have to watch both hands. They like to pull fast ones. lol

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I just don't understand the American mindset regarding gun ownership, when are you going to see that GUNS KILL PEOPLE and that easy access to guns makes killing people easier? Why don't Americans get it? Why do you all persist in your LIBERAL GUN LAWS? What does owning a gun do for you? Why do you persistently claim that "guns don't kill people, people do"? Of course people kill people but seriously!!!! A gun makes it easier to kill a person! A gun doesn't fire without a person pulling the trigger!

Yes a person can kill a person with a knife or their bare hands but it is easier to do so with a gun and it is easier to kill multiple victims with a gun.

If you don't tighten your gun laws this will continue to happen, why cant you see this?

I've heard the argument that 'you need your guns for defence' but it doesn't work like that, where are the 'guns for defence' when things like this happen? Who fired their gun to stop the recent killings? The only person firing a gun was killing people.

Yes if you banned gun ownership it would only be the criminals that own guns, but they would find it harder to access guns and the fewer guns that are available the less they will be used in crimes. Yes the black market would still provide guns, but the black market does that already, the guns used in killings aren't always legally owned!

How many crimes are prevented by people owning guns?

You Americans charge about demanding other countries live peacefully whilst waving your guns in the air, cant you see how ridiculous that is to the rest of the world? Arming people doesn't bring peace it just creates more crime.

It is ridiculous to say that the gun laws in America aren't in part responsible for the gun killings.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurReality

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I'm an Aussie mate, I couldn't give a rats rectum what rights Americans do or do not have. All I know is that here in Australia you need a bloody good reason to own a gun - for instance pest control or farming etc. Very rarely do we get reports of people being killed by guns here. Knives - yes, but in your case I highly doubt the bloke would have been able to kill 6 people and wound many others with just a knife.

And planting a bomb and blowing them up is a whole different ballgame to inserting a magazine and squeezing the trigger.

You don't give a "rats rectum" about your fellow humans freedoms and rights? how sad..

What has your human rights or freedom got to do with owning a lethal weapon? You might as well say its your human right to kill arbitrarily. What reason do you have for owning a gun? What reason do you have for firing a gun in anger at another person? YOUR HUMAN RIGHTS STOP WHEN IT COMES TO HARMING ANOTHER PERSON. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THAT.

You Americans are a laughing stock, your so absorbed in your own personal rights that you forget that other people have rights too.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Whether it is a right granted by a supreme being is irrelevant. The Bill of Rights was intended to forever preserve the rights that the founders considered to be inalienable and inherent to all humanity.

The 2nd amendment, therefore, is a protection of the right to bear arms. It does not grant that right, because you already had it. As proof, lets assume that the 2nd amendment were repealed tomorrow. Would that automatically nullify your right to firearms ownership? Of course not. In most of the country, there is no law on the books that say you cannot own a firearm. Until those new laws were passed, you'd STILL be able to even in the absence of the 2nd amendment.

edit on 11-1-2011 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Yes. To kill a lot of people quickly. Shall we return to muskets to please you?

Killing people quickly is why the gun was invented. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by skywatcher87

Very well put. These idiot politicians don't seem to realize that if we ban guns or ammunition we ban innocent people from protecting themselves against the scum bags that live around us, it just never ends liberal stupidity(not all liberals) will be the death of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join