It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Grabbing Congress Critters Come Out of Woodwork After Giffords Shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

I don't know, I don't sell guns or ammo.. but if I did of course I would. Then again you could probably just go to wally world or wherever and buy 100 boxes of the stuff, but 100 boxes would probably mean more money in my pocket than selling 50 boxes - Like I said I have no clue how the market works for that stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

So why are you okay with me taping two 15-round magzines together, but not possessing one 31-round magazine?

Does that one extra round scare you for some reason?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Since you admittedly know nothing about the industry, what makes you feel qualified to state the lack of need for something, or that an object should be banned?

Irrational fear is your problem.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralAwesome

How am I frightened? It's the same thing as going out and shooting squirrels with a 12 gauge. I never got into all the gun stuff myself but I live in PA and know / grew up with plenty of people that did. I know a girl that was a cheerleader in highschool that has her own AR15 and put up pictures of it on freaking facebook

And I never said it should be banned, I asked why all of you are twisting what this guy from Congress said around into your own warped interpretations - seems more like you're ones that are scared.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Time2Think because: responded to previous post

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

by definition, all gun control laws are unconstitutional.

Any time some moron in Congress starts questioning the "need" of citizens to own something, everyone should be worried.

Guns, high cap mags, are anything else gun related are not the problem.

People are.

What does the term shall not be infringed mean to you?

Seriously, what part of that term can you not understand?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's the governments fault we have the problems we do today! The government wanting to make more laws AGAINST WE THE PEOPLE? No surprise. The government using a tragedy against the people? NO SURPRISE!
The government finally getting a little scared? YOU BET THEY ARE, and for good reason.
WE THE PEOPLE will not stand for tyranny!!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralAwesome

by definition, all gun control laws are unconstitutional.

Any time some moron in Congress starts questioning the "need" of citizens to own something, everyone should be worried.

Guns, high cap mags, are anything else gun related are not the problem.

People are.

What does the term shall not be infringed mean to you?

Seriously, what part of that term can you not understand?

So if people are to blame, then they should not be allowed to own weapons unless they can prove they are responsible enough to own them without abusing them?

Pretty much flies in the face of your other arguments

"Infringed upon" means "until corporations deem it so"

This really is so very funny.

Americans who still believe the constitution is sacrosanct, and doesn't roll over and show it's belly to be tickled by corporations every single day.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

So in other words if I want to go downtown and buy a grenade launcher there shouldn't be any problem with it right? Afterall guns don't kill people, people kill people. I guess this is where we're headed.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by Time2Think

There isnt any problem with it given current laws.

Good luck getting grenades though.

If you want to own a nuke go ahead and own one. If you have the means to store it safely go ahead and store it. If you have the massive amount of land and enough insurance to cover your ass then by all means go ahead and own one.

If some guy has several hundred million dollars just burning a hole in his pocket and he just really wants to own a nuke why the hell not let him? Some guy having one cant be any less safe the gov having hundreds. If anything its more safe because that guy probably wont have it aimed at some other country.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You can, provided you fill out the Class III transfer, pay the exorbitant amount of money, and get the ATF tax stamp.

Each grenade also requires the same. Have fun.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Its always amazing to see these idiots come here and preach their dislike for guns, when they openly admit they nothing about them nor the correlating equipment? Now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Laughable at best~

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Completely wrong, but given that you live in one of the most freedom restricting 1st world nations on the planet, I shouldnt be surprised.

People do not need to prove themselves capable of exercising a right.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think

So in other words if I want to go downtown and buy a grenade launcher there shouldn't be any problem with it right? Afterall guns don't kill people, people kill people. I guess this is where we're headed.

Yes, you should be able to go buy a grenade launcher.

Why dont you explain where the government gets the authority to own them?

If a governments power is derived from the people, the people cannot delegate a power they do not already have.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I still just cant believe people actually blame the Constitution/Founding Fathers for acts like these.

it boggles my mind, like its been said before guns are a tool, he could have got an axe, or bow and arrow, or something else...

people are crazy, if the government comes for peoples guns, I think civil war would break out.
edit on 11-1-2011 by white_raven because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Those same people hate your freedom of speech, they hate the constitution, and they hate America!!
They would like to shut up all the true patriots while only they are allowed to spew their vile! NEVER!! Keep good law abiding people from having a gun within 1,000 ft away from certain members of the government will only assure that the NON LAW abiding citizens will be able to get close to them with a gun... Never mind a sniper rifle would take care of the distance anyhow.. Do these people ever think??

link   

reply to post by budski

Completely wrong, but given that you live in one of the most freedom restricting 1st world nations on the planet, I shouldnt be surprised.

People do not need to prove themselves capable of exercising a right.

Really?

I guarantee we have more freedoms here, even eroded as they have been.

And yes, people DO need to prove themselves capable of exercising a right - that's what voting is, amongst other things.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I love the escalation of the weaponry, club, rock, knife, sword, gun, grenade launcher, cannon, nuke, and next will be bio.
The root of the issue has been and always will be,
an unarmed populace is low hanging fruit for the abuse, enmasse, from their or other hostiles within governments,
it can be seen throughout history past, within nations, and against nations, and can be observed today within the same.
You are not forced to be armed, and you are not forced to be unarmed here in the states,
it's your choice, but should you find yourself in a situation where an immediate reaction is needed to defend and protect yourself or others it would be wise and fitting to be able to do so.
I know the example is extreme in position of power and influence but what difference from Gobbels is there from an individual such as this except the scale of damage and the level of acceptance.
I myself would like to be protected by choice from BOTH.

edit on 11-1-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: sp

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by budski

lol I'm sure.

The U.K. is the epitome of the term surveillance society, yet you think you still have more freedoms.

Maybe in your "bow to the inbred royals" society would one need to prove themselves fit to exercise a right, but not here.

Please make sure to keep on your side of the pond, we already have enough imported ignorance here, we certainly dont need your special brand of it infecting any others.

OK, - first, most surveillance cams are in shops, rather than being government run.

2nd, I'm of irish descnt, so your ad hominem attacks in lieu of a coherent argument are moot.

3rd, what affects your country affects us here - plus this is a discussion board, and I'll discuss whatever the hell I want to.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I love how people put words in your mouth to make themselves feel better. Apparently I'm anti guns now. And to think this all started with me asking why people were twisting the quote around, must be the popular thing to do these days. I hope everyone's happy when everybody's walking down the street carrying weapons.. gee, I wonder if more accidents will result from it all? Either way I guess I'm screwed, it's kinda hard to afford any weapons when you're unemployed. Anyway, I'll let you guys play around with my words again now, have fun.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join