It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Coalition Deaths Reach 1,000 in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
1,000? that cant be right, was barely over 800 2 weeks ago...200 havent died during that time.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
1,000? that cant be right, was barely over 800 2 weeks ago...200 havent died during that time.

Namehere,

I suspect that the 800+ number was solely American forces and the 1000 represents those from the Coalition (America + other countries' forces together).

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

no offense meant smokenmirrors, but I dislike it when people try to compare current war number to previous wars.

I am with you worldwatcher, some people keep bringing the past, yes people die on war, defending freedom from invading countries, but Iraq is none of that Iraq was the result of the president of this nation invasion of that country. And it was an Illegal invasion after all under false pretenses and reasons. Our president has not regards about human life, be our troops or innocent civilians in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Comparing Iraq with other wars is not a fair measure. Battlefied medicine has improved greatly since 1942, 1972, or whatever war you want to quote. As well as military equipment and training. If you truly wanted to keep it in perspective, you'd asked what would be the number of deaths be if we invaded Iraq in 1942 or 1972? They didn't have helicopters to Med Evac soldiers in WWII, for example. So obviously the numbers are going to be greater. What would the numbers look like if all things were equal?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The number of deaths in the war in Iraq pale in comparison to the numbers of past wars, period. This is not to minimize in any way shape or form the fact that 1000 brave people paid the ultimate sacrifice in defense of freedom. There has been a long, long list of men and women who have done the same, and that list shall continue to grow as time passes on, get used to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join