It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONEY is what really amps me. [WRAP]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This will be short and not-so-sweet.

Money.

The root of all evil, so we hear.
The reason most of us get out of bed in the morning.
I say most because some actually get up and are thankful they can get out of bed. God bless.

I am personally so fed up with the way that money controls everyone's lives that I actually made it a personal quest to absolutely angle my life away from the love that most people have for it.
It is a control effort.
I believe it is used as the one single thing that can tell someone how to live, work and play.
Face it, without money, our 'society' would crash...
Without money, this empire would cease to exist.

Ever since childhood, I was raised (forced) to think that the only thing to do in life is make money.
Now, there were other things I was taught but this takes precedence over all.
Make more money! Go to School (college)! Feed the machine!
Don't worry about anything else until you make more money!
Why? I ask? After 30 years of listening to them.
Why struggle my entire life to think that money will be the answer to all of life's questions.
Why are we all like this?

Well, I believe that the answer lies within.
This life...this 'dream', is all what we make it.
We are told and raised to believe that he who has the most money is the most powerful.
So in theory, we are brought up to make as much money as possible to be more powerful than the previous generation?
Is that what we are?
Just another endless struggle?

Look back at yourself and realize the one thing you fought hard for your entire life.
I bet 95% of you can actually relate it to money or wealth in some form.
I hate to be proven wrong here, but I see it all too much. Especially in these days.
I have yet to find people who actually see it the way I see it.
The process of acquiring wealth.
The insatiable appetite of greed.
Once it starts, it's hard to stop.
Why?

What is wealth?
That is relative to the person asking the question.
Because wealth, to Western society (and others) is MONEY, and wealth to native people (the few left), is within.
Why this discrepancy?
Why are we taught this from an early age?
Even the poor, strive to be rich.
And the rich, strive to get richer.

I hate when I mention money to people, their eyes light up.
Seriously. If I say, "I will give you $100"... for absolutely no reason...they are extremely positive.
But if I say, "I will teach you how to fish"...they roll their collective eyes.
What is more important?

Is this the biggest conspiracy?
Is this the true battle between good and evil?
Am I the only one who thinks like this? (rhetorical)
There are many angle's and thoughts about money, the corruption and distribution of it...
Why so many empires have rose and failed. (can base it all on wealth)
Why the American Empire is failing. (definitely because of money)
Why we have made it Number #1 in our lives.
The religious side of me comes out and wonders what really should be number one...
But, I digress.

My thought's are extremely different than those I associate with and I hardly bring up the subject.
It's as if there is no answer. As if I'm asking the ultimate question.
I don't see the need to strive one's entire life to see how much money one can make.
I have no idea why this is even something to teach our youth.
But it is.
We don't teach them necessary skills to survive without the luxuries of life.
Instead we teach them to keep educating themselves so that they can make more money.
Because as we all know by now.

Money makes this world go 'round.

...and I hate it.

That is what amps me.

If this isn't long enough for the entry, please let me know, I don't have a word counter.
edit on 11-1-2011 by havok because: added and subtracted to multiply the division.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
brilliant analysis!!

Star and Flag!

just kidding...k,waiting for u to finish editing.....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Poeple have recieved a S&F for much less on here.

I sympatise Havok i did this once before as well

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I think we got it all wrong, we are taught from a young age to value everything. Why did we take the word value to mean money instead of what it was intended to mean. To me I think value was meant to mean cherish.

I received this little story in my email. How great would life be if we all thought this way? Don’t take more than you need, spend time with family and friends and live a pleasant stress free life.

A Story of Money

The American businessman was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna.
The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them. The Mexican replied "only a little while". The American then asked why didn't he stay out longer and catch more fish?
The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs. The American then asked, "but what do you do with the rest of your time?" The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siesta with my wife, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life, senor."
The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds buy a bigger boat with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."
The Mexican fisherman asked, "But senor, how long will this all take?"
To which the American replied, "15-20 years."
"But what then, senor?" The American laughed and said that's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions.
"Millions, senor? Then what?"
The American said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar."

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sorry it's a bit too late for me to edit my post but I'm happy to see u finished it.

I'm sure a lot of people will agree with you that indeed money is the root of all evil.
Our whole system is based around money and it's become the key goal for every country and person to become wealthy.
More money means more of everything else.More material things,more respect,love and admiration and whatever else u can add.

But I doubt we'll be changing the system into something where your worth based something that comes from within.
Maybe it's time for people to realize that.That their worth isn't determined by anything from the outer world but from what comes from within...from the spirit.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thanks to all that replied.

Yes.
Money amps me up!

I really despise the fact that we are taught to idolize the materialistic views of what is put in front of us.

Sometimes I feel as though I was born in the wrong time period.
Because I personally feel as though we all can survive without money.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
oooooh yes, something right up my alley. I too find people love and desire for money to be abhorrent. i feel like the general consensus among my peers is that if you arent spending the majority of your time and energy trying to make money or setting yourself up to make money, you are wasting your life. im sorry but i just dont think sitting in a cube, in an office, doing a job that practically anyone could do to be worth my time...i'd rather actually live my life.

that being said in our current society with guns laws, zoning laws, and hunting restrictions, the government has literally done away with our ability to live off of our land...and the general public is so accustomed to being spoon-fed their "reality" that most folks dont even know what is going on.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think money is a tool that can be used for ill or good,it is where the power flows. For example. If I had a vast amount of money it would be used to infiltrate the mainstream media about all the deception that goes on in governments, millitary etc. l would fund ATS so it would be able to become a big player in MSM that would rival CNN, FOX. Any big lotto winners here on ATS could start the ball rolling in our direction.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I share your apathy for money.

My only desire is to create. I have a part time job and spend the rest of my time on various creative endeavors which do not currently make me any money, nor do I necessarily plan to try and make money from them. My family gives me the impression that they think of me as an underachieving, lazy, unmotivated person compared to my peers in my family who are all stock brokers, lawyers, and investment bankers (no, I'm not kidding). They all work ridiculously long hours doing jobs that I see as completely unnecessary, for payment that they don't have time to use or enjoy, all so that they can be at the top of the social/economic pecking order. Yet they look at me like I am the crazy person because I like to spend time doing gardening, or art - things that don't make money or improve my 'social status' (but do make me feel connected to nature and to my self).

It's incredibly frustrating to look around you and see people behaving in ways that seem so illogical and vain, yet they act like you're so strange for spending your time doing things you enjoy - instead of joining the mindless rat race.

new topics

top topics

join