It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble telescope zeroes in on green blob in space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Hubble telescope zeroes in on green blob in space

www.comcast.net

The Hubble Space Telescope got its first peek at a mysterious giant green blob in outer space and found that it's strangely alive. The bizarre glowing blob is giving birth to new stars, some only a couple million years old, in remote areas of the universe where stars don't normally form.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I came across this article and found it quite interesting. It is a quick read, and towards the end of the article it says, and I quote this sentence from the article: "she says she can even see what passes for arms and eyes."
The wonders of what we don't know is dumbfounding. Whether it is discoveries of caves in Vietnam, new species in earths oceans, or stellar 'lifelike' masses in space.
This is interesting news, and I would enjoy reading responses from those who are well versed in astronomy.

www.comcast.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Posted here and a bit 'o discussion is underway.

abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Macuser

Although the cloud is primarily hydrogen gas, from which stars coalesce, there must also be oxygen gas, which Hubble sees as green. And according to Phil Plait, it measures 100,000 ly across, about the same as our galaxy.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent

abovetopsecret.com...

My apologies for posting a topic already being discussed. I certainly did not intend to step on anyones toes.
No I did not search to see if anyone already covered this story. I just went ahead and posted it. I guess next time I should actually do some leg work before posting.
edit on 11/1/2011 by Macuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent

abovetopsecret.com...

My apologies for posting a topic already being discussed. I certainly did not intend to step on anyones toes.
No I did not search to see if anyone already covered this story. I just went ahead and posted it. I guess next time I should actually do some leg work before posting.
edit on 11/1/2011 by Macuser because: (no reason given)

Oh not at all we've all done it a couple of times in our posting lives. I generally hate being the person to cross-list posts but it makes it a bit easier on the administers so. Again no worries wasn't much of a discussion going on, but enough to warrant the cross-listing.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Macuser

HA! I KNEW it!

...This put a smile on my face. Thanks for posting. [S&F]

top topics

join