It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Prepared for the Cognitive Infiltration of ATS in the Wake of Arizona Shootings

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well said Proto.

They're here, they're queer and they want to steer.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
A great thread PT.S&F as always.I am also one of those posters who believe that ATS has been infiltrated for years by various agents and provocateurs,but due to the sheer volume of opinions here it tends to filter them out.Let Cass and his ilk come.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
So is Super-Human Epistemology when someone watches FOX all day?

Anyone else feel completely useless when it comes to making a difference? How does one attempt to change anything? Vote?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Thanks but I think I am de facto a free agent of theirs, considering I all to often push my own agenda of unity and denouncing liars. Which in some cases I'll admit benefits the government.

More or less, I don't think they can succeed. I think members such as the recent "TheSkinRipper" are obvious cases of what you are speaking of. And in fact, I do believe we as ATS members can spot it out very clearly. Lets be honest here. These such people are probably in their 40s-50s and trying to act like they're 20 and have some case of some kind. Only those same people who recently joined will fall for it. And where they enter one door, they leave the one right next to it and are banned for said emotional outbursts.

More or less, the community takes care of itself. Fools who cannot control themselves are cut off, and the foolers who caused it are cut off with them. Those wise following the more experienced members will know how to respond and will do so accordingly. In the end, we have new members who share our behaviors, but have different minds and opinions. now to me, that's epic win for us. We grow, but maintain sustainability.

Let them come, and let the mindless fools who fall for the traps come and go with them. We'll endure it all as usually.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Well there I was, happily reading away on an excellent thread (cheers Proto, as ever) when I came across the following:

What I am also against is Sunstein's desire to fine people for slander based on voicing an opinion or theory on the Internet if they are unable to meet the Court of Law threshold of beyond a reasonable doubt evidence.

I nearly choked on my coffee...

That strikes me as the venom injected into the rhetoric. Not only will they achieve cognitive infiltration, with all the issues that entails being made manifest on ATS (and other similar websites), but they will achieve a level of 'thought control' that can only be effected by financial penalty. The only way it could be any worse would be for them to go the 'whole hog' and threaten jail terms for the same 'slanderous' musings.

If we cannot voice our unsubstantiated opinions and intuitions, we will never be able to motivate either ourselves or others to investigate what may well turn out to be substantiated issues!

NB - think of how many times you've heard time-served law enforcement officers talk of 'intuitive' knowledge of criminal intent as being a factor in their success...

I truly hope this one is monitored very carefully by the ATS membership, particularly any of those who have the ability to influence the activity within law enforcement. The suggestion outlined by Sunstein opens the doors for citizens being rewarded for informing on contemporaries (turncoats), and the very real risk of 'slander-entrapment' (agent provocateurs).

Seeing that some very crafty agents already operate on this site (tasked with inciting angry, irrational responses to help perpetuate the idea that conspiracy theorists are an unstable bunch) I'm now very worried that 'net freedoms' could be severely limited, amounting to a very effective - in all but name - censorship.

This whole thing brings to mind the horrendous 'blasphemy' laws in Pakistan, where everyone is on their guard against being accused of 'blaspheming the prophet' or 'blaspheming Islam'. Citizens disputes can result in false charges being levelled as a form of revenge, without so much as a sniff of actual evidence. Tragically, on the presentation of a few (paid-off) 'witnesses', even the death penalty can result.

Big Brother is working up to the Final Countdown.

edit on 12-1-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: grammar

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
After reading and digesting all that was said I want taken into consideration as much as possible. I'm a new member but I've been reading through the site for a few months not and I seldom think that this site would really go down hill. The threat is even more larger. Dark days are ahead of us and we need to be more vigilant.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Well if this is at all true you could've made this thread because you are one of the "infiltrators" and you're trying to gain our trust. Honestly if this site was "infiltrated" it probably was done back around 911. Either way I could careless.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

What's funny to me is how the government says we "rely on too few sources" for our news and thus get isolated on sites like this one when in fact the opposite is true. The internet is rife with 'alternative' news sources that are often individual and unique, and this site is nothing more than a repository for people to REPOST all of those sources and then discuss them. However MAINSTREAM news on the other hand masquerades as a multi-varied net work of news sources, but in fact is actually mostly all the same source. CNN, MSNBC, YAHOO, whatever it is, all those giant conglomerates if you trace their sources all lead back to the same initial generator such as REUTERS so in fact the governments still have full control of what is being said or shown, despite the elaborate and farcical masquerade that makes us believe there are actual varied sources of independent news networks. There aren't, it's all one giant cabal of government controlled b.s. leaked all from the same source then spread out to umbrella corporations like CNN, MSNBC, FOXNEWS, etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

That's a fine point, and one that we should be sure to emphasise every now and then, to remind these hacks exactly who is reporting from original and varied sources. More often than not, the answer is NOT the mainstream media outlets, rather, it's us.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

That's a fine point, and one that we should be sure to emphasise every now and then, to remind these hacks exactly who is reporting from original and varied sources. More often than not, the answer is NOT the mainstream media outlets, rather, it's us.

Exactly they fear anything that's not under their control. They WANT us to continue believing the illusion that 'main stream news' are varied sources when in fact they are all generated from one singular source which is precisely controlled and meted out by the Elites. Any news that is NOT generated by them makes them shiver in fear and they want to control it badly. This is why they suddenly want to have an internet kill switch and all sorts of other methods of control because they know that the internet is the only source for these alternative sources that are starting to open peoples' eyes to the truth and turn people away from the cabalistic 'mainstream' news "sources" which all flow from the same wellspring.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
at least the shills will say "garbage" now instead of "rubbish"

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thanks for another informative "heads-up" thread Proto, my friend. The heads-up I interpret as being meant for the anticipated cognitive infiltraitors; "Leave your compost at the door" Oingo-Boingo themed.

I've seen an example of at least two of my friends getting banned for T&C violations. I'm one novice 9-11 truth advocate. I have a real passion about 9-11 in general. We as Americans (are all surviving victims) of the tragic events on 9-11. I don't know how to get fellow Americans to GET that perspective.

I'm glad that I feel I can smell a heep of dung thrown on me, and recognise it as dung. As an American, I lost everyone who has died as a result of 9-11. I am a surviving victim. And for what it's worth, I'm entitled to see the captured footage of that airplane that allegedly penetrated the Pentagon's defenses. Which all together will be discussed further in it's appropriate thread.

I appreciate you Proto. Now if I could figure out how to extend an electronic hand-shake!

This just in from wifey;
Fox news

edit on (1/12/1111 by loveguy because: add a link

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

[A point of clarity...the Tucson shooter may or may not have been a member of this site. We have to remember this has not been confirmed yet by any means.]

I was just thinking, seeing as how I really did not have to enter my biographical information when I first signed up, how it would be that anyone could know who belonged to "erad3". It certainly gets the media jumping, though...and definitely does put ATS out there for more members to join...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Google and Yahoo ARE controlled too! Headlines on both are right in line with the MSN spin. Don't be fooled.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

[A point of clarity...the Tucson shooter may or may not have been a member of this site. We have to remember this has not been confirmed yet by any means.]

I was just thinking, seeing as how I really did not have to enter my biographical information when I first signed up, how it would be that anyone could know who belonged to "erad3". It certainly gets the media jumping, though...and definitely does put ATS out there for more members to join...

It seems he was know to use the name "erad" on other websites

The game includes social networks built around the clan alliances—private online forums in which players conversed. In those forums at that time, Mr. Loughner often spouted conspiracy theories and got into heated debates with others, according to a forum participant who has been reading Mr. Loughner's posts for years. Mr. Loughner originally played under the pseudonyms Cries and Cry. At various times he also used the aliases Heroin, XTC and Erad, according to two people familiar with the matter, and played for various clans.

From the Wall Street Journal, Postings of a Troubled Mind

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I really like the way you phrased that title... "Cognitive Infiltration"

That's a great way to put it. We ATS thread warriors will have to ensure we maintain the community feel that we have here.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Bravo, ProTrav! Another fine presentation of an important topic...S&F

I too have noticed the influx of new members to ATS recently. Of course new members are normally a welcome addition. I try to encourage new people who are obviously here to explore and learn. However, I do note some who complain about, of all things, conspiracy types and attempting to poo-poo anyone who tends to see a conspiracy. Where do these people come from? Where do they think they are?

I thus, as you, am on guard to check resources quoted and other keys that would cause questions regarding valid assumptions of the poster. This is needed to assure onesself of the subject matter's truth and importance.

I would only add this: The late George Carlin in an interview once answered a question of how he was able to cover in his act intrusive BigGov and keep his sanity. He said, he considered himself an observer and didn't approach the "scary stuff" as something he would be able to change. He was an informer not a changer. This is the classic view of the Stoic, whom I indentify with. A little distance from those things we have no control over will give the ability to flush out truth. A healthy sense of humor is also a valuable asset for mental health while exploring the "scary stuff".

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
so the guy posted on here....big deal, its not like no one seen it coming....

www.nytimes.com...

Police stopped Jared L. Loughner for running a red light several hours before authorities say he opened fire outside a Tucson supermarket Saturday, but the state wildlife officer who made the traffic stop noticed nothing unusual about Mr. Loughner and had no probable cause to search the vehicle, Arizona authorities said Wednesday.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Amazing post.
I believe what you say will come to pass.
I also believe that they will never be able to bring any of the ATS community down.
We'll be exposing these bastards until they shut the internet down.

-Sam

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join